• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other Gendered honorifics

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Gargon667 My Lady Ser was perfectly reasonable for Brienne of Tarth :D

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
Has something been done?
I noticed "My Brothers and Sisters" today...
Although it kinda fits the brief, it lost its Awesomeness....

erebus

Seeker
Autumn, you'll always be my Beneficent Collaborator •́ ‿ •̀

In more gendered languages than English I could see it being a big hale attempting to rework things.

I think a few people have also missed that binary gender (m/f) is not always a reality for some folk, so greeting "both" sorts of people is still not all-inclusive.

Baby steps! But yeah .. just putting my preferences out there.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Autumn, you'll always be my Beneficent Collaborator •́ ‿ •̀

In more gendered languages than English I could see it being a big hale attempting to rework things.

I think a few people have also missed that binary gender (m/f) is not always a reality for some folk, so greeting "both" sorts of people is still not all-inclusive.

Baby steps! But yeah .. just putting my preferences out there.
As far as I know, Elvenar is just a videogame for people to have some fun out of the repetitive and monotonous political correction that invades the media today, not a political or ideological medium.

The moment Elvenar begins to act as a mean of spreading a certain ideology or way of thinking to please a certain group of people, I´m out of here. And... since many people that play this game are grown adults which are based by a more conservative reasoning and not by certain young trend of these days, I could bet they are going to leave also, and... I don´t think Elvenar want to lose more players that those they lost by the past tourney changes (they lost lot of players).

Last edited:
I really like this idea. I had not really noticed the gendered nature of some messaging, but agree that it can easily be modified to be inclusive. And as I play in two worlds, with Elves and Humans, it would be good to avoid racist terms!

Gargon667

Mentor
As far as I know, Elvenar is just a videogame for people to have some fun out of the repetitive and monotonous political correction that invades the media today, not a political or ideological medium.

The moment Elvenar begins to act as a mean of spreading a certain ideology or way of thinking to please a certain group of people, I´m out of here. And... since many people that play this game are grown adults which are based by a more conservative reasoning and not by certain young trend of these days, I could bet they are going to leave also, and... I don´t think Elvenar want to lose more players that those they lost by the past tourney changes (they lost lot of players).

I would say the % of people playing games to escape political correctness is miniscule. I can come up with 100 better reason to play games than that ;)

Well I would say Inno has never done anything else that try to please a certain group (the people that pay them). What you call ideology may not be to others and vice versa.