• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Game not loading

DeletedUser1434

Hi everyone, is anyone having issues with loading the game, i can open its freezing with strange text across the bottom

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    804.1 KB · Views: 86

DeletedUser1253

i'm having all kinds of problems, game not loading properly, freezing when trying to enter the map ... page failing to load .... many many times per night when I play .... I have the MS Edge browser, and yes I have emptied my cache many times .. I have also tried the chrome browser which I freshly downloaded onto my new laptop, with the same results. I do not wish to endlessly down load browsers that I do not want, to clog up my nice clean and fast computer, the files installed are so insidious and broswers never completely remove all their associated files when they are uninstalled.

Maybe the game is not yet optimised for Windows 10? or Edge?

DeletedUser

I can only semi load the game in firefox. In my city, I only see produce icons, if I go to the tech tree and back, it's black. On all other browsers it loads, but is so slow that if it stays this way, inno will finally be rid of me as it's an abominable waste of time to wait for everything to load for ages :D

DeletedUser1253

Is your flashplayer up to date?
yes my computer does this automatically... but I have just checked to be sure... and everything is up to date .... considering many other ppl are complaining, both here and in my fellowship, I think it is not the users, but the game that has the problem

Cregganroe

Conjurer
@xTomomi I think the reason that edge has the lag on it at the moment is due to the background update of windows 10 going on as before this started I had no problems with edge

DeletedUser1253

@xTomomi I think the reason that edge has the lag on it at the moment is due to the background update of windows 10 going on as before this started I had no problems with edge

Hmm .... mine updates only when I am inactive, if this is an ongoing function, is there anyway I can stop it? Also, if this is the case , would I be correct in assuming that it would affect every app I use online from this laptop? Thanks in advance x

Cregganroe

Conjurer
@xTomomi well it hasn't effected anything else of mine and I use chrome also and no problem but Edge is Microsoft so I am assuming that the 2 are linked as your Edge problems are exact same as mine and up till 3 days ago I had no worries and like you I have a new laptop too.... And yes mine is suppose to update when I'm inactive but this is the first big update since 10 was launched

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
i'm having all kinds of problems, game not loading properly, freezing when trying to enter the map ... page failing to load .... many many times per night when I play .... I have the MS Edge browser, and yes I have emptied my cache many times .. I have also tried the chrome browser which I freshly downloaded onto my new laptop, with the same results. I do not wish to endlessly down load browsers that I do not want, to clog up my nice clean and fast computer, the files installed are so insidious and broswers never completely remove all their associated files when they are uninstalled.

Maybe the game is not yet optimised for Windows 10? or Edge?
Usually, games don't need to be optimized for a new OS or browser upgrade, they just need to be optimized for "exotic" OS and low resolution like for a tablet... I've intalled and tested W10 on a new laptop for friends and all seemed to work smoothly but because I know for decades that new MS products are produced by monkeys, I've intalled Firefox not to use Edge for which I was unable to change and save settings... I also removed a lot of annoying spamming programs that were requiring repeatingly to install this or that and were causing unneeded workload...

I've noticed a little slowdown in charging the game or refreshing the icones when visiting since last upgrade but nothing that couldn't be explained by a game growing in size with an upgrade. I'm using W7 and last fox and flash on an old 4GB HP laptop.

Of course, nowadays, devs aren't optimizing codes anymore, they just use "powerbuilders" that create huge codes and because of that lazyness, we, users, are needing to buy excessively fast computer with huge memories to be able to run programs that would need half the ressources they need if they had been optimized by more subtile devs...:rolleyes:

I must also add that some Internet traffics are timed and when encountering "timeouts" they abandon not to block your computer for too long so I recommand to set all upgrades to "do not load but inform me" so you can choose to monopolize your connexion with upgrades when you are not loading a game or surfing because a program/windows upgrade can be long and huge and could freeze the game if starting at the same time...

Last edited: