• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Frustration (ch. 19)

Arnwald

Alchemist
Frustration or Random could be the best names for the Chapter 19. I consider building more factories and producing non boosted ascended goods would be a faster way to the end of this chapter. None of the goods I primarily need can be bought on the market.

If wax appears on the market, then only for ingots, which is also in short supply. I need to exchange my FFP for WW. Market situation:

1639251098038.png

And what does it look like in the opposite direction? 295 offers!

Ch.19 Goods.png

Maybe it's time to take a break from the game. I think the ascended goods trading system is very poorly designed. I don't remember ever being so frustrated with this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6472

+1
As I said before, EN3 server is unplayable right now, frustration is real. The amounts for merchants must be increased, 4600 is inadequate with required amounts of ascended for settlement. I think that break from the game looks very appealing right now, but then I'm not sure that there will be a come back. I don't think that enough players are moving into chapters 18 and 19, because of tournament and spire formula. Nothing is done to persuade them to start progressing again and frankly, even if something would be done, I'm not sure that I would want to wait for months on end for them to progress from ch 15 (a "sweet spot" lol).

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I kind of expect the later chapters to be frustrating and challenging. I don't think they want us to finish it too early so we start complaining about being bored.

And yes, it's a bit unfortunate that people think that they are penalised for progress. Personally, I haven't noticed any of that, my tournament score is quite consistent across the chapters.

DeletedUser6472

The problem is not a challenge, but a complete standstill, due to a lack of trading my boosted goods for others that I need. Also there is a challenge, that I personally have nothing against, and there is a pure frustration with getting absolutely nowhere without those goods. Just to unlock portal levels 2 & 3 we need 30,000 creatures of the light, which can be produced in breeding facilities, currently on level 1, because I cannot upgrade them to level 2 without those A2 goods. It will take me 20 days! This is beyond slow!

Arnwald

Alchemist
I kind of expect the later chapters to be frustrating and challenging. I don't think they want us to finish it too early so we start complaining about being bored.

If the conditions were the same for everyone, I would have no problem with that. But the new trading system is pure random. One has no way to influence it, three-star offers are not possible. Just hire as many merchants as possible and wait 6 hours for them to be released. But not everyone has it that way - some happy players doesn't need merchants at all, because they always find enough goods on the market that they need.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
If the conditions were the same for everyone, I would have no problem with that. But the new trading system is pure random. One has no way to influence it, three-star offers are not possible. Just hire as many merchants as possible and wait 6 hours for them to be released. But not everyone has it that way - some happy players doesn't need merchants at all, because they always find enough goods on the market that they need.

We used to have a ingot problem in EN3. There were 60 pages asking for ingots, now there're only 3 pages. So it could be only a temporary problem. And yes, I understand the frustration, I just wonder whether there's a solution to it.

Arnwald

Alchemist
I stop producing ascended goods. It's pointless to keep going when it's just accumulating in my warehouse. Chapter 19 is not playable for me.

1639328376076.png

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Frustration or Random could be the best names for the Chapter 19. I consider building more factories and producing non boosted ascended goods would be a faster way to the end of this chapter. None of the goods I primarily need can be bought on the market.

If wax appears on the market, then only for ingots, which is also in short supply. I need to exchange my FFP for WW. Market situation:

View attachment 5963

View attachment 5966

Maybe it's time to take a break from the game. I think the ascended goods trading system is very poorly designed. I don't remember ever being so frustrated with this game.
It's the same thing over and over again.

First of all what you can get on the market is not benchmark in any way.
Too few put trades on the market and too many only look.

Secondly this is part of being the first when a chapter is released there is no way you can avoid this.
many players start the same chapter at the same time, this same argument was also there when sentient arrived.

Everyone is doing the same research at the same time, this means everyone needs the same goods at the same time. what might be overabundant now might me in short supply next week because everyone is then trying to complete the next research.

Only time can fix than, only when not all the players are doing the same thing all the time and when demand is nicely spread will this go away.
This is part of being 1 of the first group to het into these chapters. players who get there in a month or 6 or so never experience any issues. just like nobody has any issues today when reaching the contruct chapter. while at the time that was new the same complaints could be found here.

Arnwald

Alchemist
Everyone is doing the same research at the same time, this means everyone needs the same goods at the same time. what might be overabundant now might me in short supply next week because everyone is then trying to complete the next research.

This is not true in general. Everyone needs a different kind of goods. Assuming that players with different goods are evenly distributed. If that were the case, no problem would arise. That would be an ideal situation.

The problem is that the developers did not anticipate that a server might have the opposite of this ideal state - that almost all players in Chapter 19 would produce the same goods.

I do not continue playing Chapter 19, because it is not playable on the EN3 server at the moment.

I have two cities, both in chapter 19, so I know what I'm talking about. In my other city, I solve the same problems as usual. Once I miss unurium, once mana, once seeds, once I don't have a free builder. But on the EN3, all this is reduced to a single problem - I have no one to exchange the ascended goods with.

Gargon667

Mentor

295 trades and not a single 3 star trade? Isn´t it obvious how you get your trades taken? Unless they don´t allow 3 star trades for ascended goods? Of course I don´t have the slightest idea, so ignore me if I am having another Orcish moment there...

Arnwald

Alchemist
295 trades and not a single 3 star trade? Isn´t it obvious how you get your trades taken? Unless they don´t allow 3 star trades for ascended goods? Of course I don´t have the slightest idea, so ignore me if I am having another Orcish moment there...

There are no 3-star trades with ascended goods. Only 1 to 1. It would work if all kinds of ascended goods were on the market. But they are not available on the EN3 server.

Gargon667

Mentor
There are no 3-star trades with ascended goods. Only 1 to 1. It would work if all kinds of ascended goods were on the market. But they are not available on the EN3 server.

ha what an annoying little add-on... well I am sure it is not only EN3, this happens every time a new resource is introduced, it is completely normal that a new resource is only produced in small amounts and RNG hits hard on small numbers, especially if early research needs more of one resource than the others... Anyway, over time the problem will solve itself as more and more people play a chapter and produce resources.
Until then, either live with it or just don´t play the chapter for half a year and play it when things normalize... Of course there always will be one resource more sought after than the others, but the worst extremes should be evened out.
If people that have the garbage resources that nobody wants opt out for a while, they may actually help solve the problem for others still playing, by making the garbage more scarce... Anyway I haven´t played any chapter with ascended goods, nor will I ever, so I am just stating general ideas.

And since this happens every time Inno releases a new chapter with a new resource I see rather little chance of Inno having any interest in doing anything about it...

DeletedUser6472

The only viable solution right now, is to increase the amount of goods offered by merchants. The advices above from people, who are not even playing, are ridiculous. Wait for 6 months to play this chapter? Why would I need a game like this?

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
The only viable solution right now, is to increase the amount of goods offered by merchants. The advices above from people, who are not even playing, are ridiculous. Wait for 6 months to play this chapter? Why would I need a game like this?

We're on your side. I thought every little bit helps. I also don't want people to be put off from doing later chapters and make things even worse. I've reached the end of the game before and it made me to stop. It's a balance between challenge and boredom. It'll probably be another six months before they release the next chapters so I suppose they don't want people to finish it too early.

DeletedUser6472

There's no such risk of finishing it early! The way things are now, we'll need at least 8 months to finish this chapter. I know that there are a few players that are almost at the end of tech tree, but they've spent a lot of money. It's not even about finishing it early or not, it's about the quality of the gaming experience and it's not good right now.