• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Frustration (ch. 19)

DeletedUser6472

tbh, I don't think that our complaints have any weight in on Inno's decisions; Inno always does - what Inno wants to. Some of their decisions though, make no sense and show how uninformed they are about their own game. Tournament formula, Moonstone Library set, merchants, new chapters, the list goes on and on. It all points to discontinuous and unintelligent business strategy, which translates into unintelligent game development, which leads to loss of customers = loss of revenue. There are so many ways to entice players to spend money, the key word is "entice", not "force". Adequate price strategy comes to play, not £70 for evolving building, which is not even a fire phoenix or a brown bear. Many people spending a little = healthy revenue and better than nobody spending a lot.

DeletedUser6472

That might or might not be the fact. But, another possibility is that a disproportionate number of folks that would have been boosted in wax may not have actually survived through the game based on lower level boosts. I know that there have been folks (based on previous posts) that have created new profiles in order to select the T1 boosts that they preferred, abandoning/deleting cities with unwanted boosts.
It's actually players boosted in silk, that produce wax now. In general, on EN2 and EN3 servers, there are considerably less players boosted in silk, than in any other goods. The only explanation to this that I thought of, is those bugs featured on the buildings of those factories. Not everyone likes to open their city and see giant spiders moving lol. Heck, I don't feel easy even around those giant butterflies :)

Gargon667

Mentor
@Gargon667 , you went completely off the topic here with this essay :p.

you definitely got me there :D

People don't spend money, when they are angry and frustrated.

I disagree with you on that one: That is exactly when people spend money (and threaten to not do it anymore at the same time of course). Avoiding frustration is a very powerful motivator. Happy people have no reason to spend money. Why on earth would you spend money if you had all you wanted? That only leaves charity donations and I am pretty sure that is a much weaker motivator.

Another off-topic from the off-topic:
I will take any bets that Inno (and any other gaming company that wants to earn money) will make very sure that the majority of gamers will never even get close to having all they want. Speaking of course of free to play games. Games you pay up front don´t have that limitation, they have different marketing problems...

Gargon667

Mentor
My point was very much tongue in cheek. If no one starts the chapter until most people have finished it ...

If noone played the chapter Inno would most definitely change their tactics :D

Gargon667

Mentor
I'm boosted in scrolls.... wait for it...and gum, and bismuth lol. I survived all this time, only to struggle now with abundant minerals and aerosols. Is there any end to this vicious circle?

Well it has ended, none of the boosts is an issue anymore after the recent updates, remaining imbalances in stored up goods will sort itself out over time, faster of course for the decaying goods.

As a bonus IF (and I am not saying it is like that) people stopped playing scroll (or to a lesser extent gum/bismuth) boosted towns, because of bad boosts, you now have the most sought after boosts for all 9 goods :)

DeletedUser6472

you definitely got me there :D

I disagree with you on that one: That is exactly when people spend money (and threaten to not do it anymore at the same time of course). Avoiding frustration is a very powerful motivator. Happy people have no reason to spend money. Why on earth would you spend money if you had all you wanted? That only leaves charity donations and I am pretty sure that is a much weaker motivator.

Another off-topic from the off-topic:
I will take any bets that Inno (and any other gaming company that wants to earn money) will make very sure that the majority of gamers will never even get close to having all they want. Speaking of course of free to play games. Games you pay up front don´t have that limitation, they have different marketing problems...
This is a moot point: if someone has the money to spend - then they probably would, but they will start hating the game. If someone doesn't have the money - they, most probably quit. The key is to capitalise on a good festive mood, as all retailers do during holidays. Creating a great festive atmosphere in the game, creating FOMO, are much more intelligent ways of making customers to spend money. Oh, and there is no "have all you wanted" in this game, because by playing it - you'll always need more and more things.