• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Progression

Hekata

Artisan
A question for beta players: In Advanced Help perk, by how much increases the timeframe of help received with the first upgrade, please?
I'm not on beta but @Alcaro said 4 hours.

Gargon667

Mentor
I think I just read that earlier, but now I can´t see it. I beleive it was 4 hours? anyway I thought is was a rather considerable upgrade. May have been even more than that...

Larryary

Seeker
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the new feature, Fellowship Progression.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I am a AM. Why is such a change not
notified on our city page. I don't use forum but my members told me to have a look here otherwise I would never know. What I have read so far seems like social engineering. You are making people who never chat to do something, and or do something when they are the relaxers or casual players.
You will have AM,s trying to make them be active. I foresee great dramas in fs,s and arguments tween active an non active. Social engineering is making people participate or be hounded by their fellows.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
notified on our city page. I don't use forum but my members told me to have a look here otherwise I would never know. What I have read so far seems like social engineering. You are making people who never chat to do something, and or do something when they are the relaxers or casual players.
You will have AM,s trying to make them be active. I foresee great dramas in fs,s and arguments tween active an non active. Social engineering is making people participate or be hounded by their fellows.

I was AM once and I can understand how these things can make it complicated, one of the reason why I don't want to do it again. To be honest, I don't even think that active but relaxed FSs will take it too seriously. I personally think that the benefits don't seem worth any additional effort. It still can give some FSs that are more competitive something to do. I'd just give it a go and see whether it's worth it. It's more the initial confusion that can stir things up.

Pauly7

Magus
What I have read so far seems like social engineering. You are making people who never chat to do something, and or do something when they are the relaxers or casual players.
I'm not sure that I have the exact same reasoning in my head, but I think that I agree with what you say, at least in part. In the one sense I think - well fellowship members should be 'active' so that shouldn't be a problem, but in another sense I think this is just another layer of responsibility on all players and another good reason for difficulties to be caused between players and teams when some people don't do their part.

I've said above that I don't find the effort worth the reward for the most part. For our live teams the Spire perk will be good and useful. However there will come a time when that will be useless. From that point it will become a bit of a chore and just one more thing to have to think about.

Regarding announcements, @Larryary, I assume there will be an in-game announcement. We just haven't got that far yet. There are lots of things that are discussed in the forums before the official game announcements go out.

Pauly7

Magus
Do u know something we don't know ;) or it's just an assumption?
I don't know anything and if I did I couldn't say it here, of course. I'm led to believe it's more than a guess though.
Few extra provinces aren't free. No matter how good you are in fighting, there's always some losses. KPs from this Perk are free.
It hinders only with Net0 system, others don't have a problem. People would donate those KP just as they did before, no head ache at all. It works just fine with Wonder Society system and Swap threads.
Also, don't forget that this perk (as well all others) are meant to help the whole FS not only a player. So, you might be able to get few extra KPs from various sources but that's just you, while others get nothing from your abilities.
In Beta (as you know) we already get 4 free KPs/ day = 100 free KPs/ day/ FS >> for a week are 700 free KPs. I would say that's pretty nice :D
You are right, of course. The KP perk provides free KP. There's no denying that and some people will love it, (as we've seen in our group). For me, though, I'm beyond getting excited about KP, unless it were really big amounts. In all my cities I have thousands of KPs in instants that I haven't gotten around to spending. I also have Ferris Wheels and Carting Libraries that I could put down if I fancy having a few more. Doing an extra tournament province does cost, of course, but not much, and I'm rarely ever stopping because I can't afford to do the next one.

I know that I'm being negative nelly. The KP perk could be great for some people, especially those newer to the game, but for me on a personal level it gets far outweighed by the thought of actually having to administer it, getting 25 people to all never forget to pay the right person the KP each and every day, dealing with any disagreements that inevitably will happen when people inevitably forget occasionally... Or maybe you can just activate the perk, but just leave everyone to do what they want with it.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I know that I'm being negative nelly. The KP perk could be great for some people, especially those newer to the game, but for me on a personal level it gets far outweighed by the thought of actually having to administer it, getting 25 people to all never forget to pay the right person the KP each and every day, dealing with any disagreements that inevitably will happen when people inevitably forget occasionally... Or maybe you can just activate the perk, but just leave everyone to do what they want with it.
:D :D you aren't "negative nelly" :D It's your opinion and it reflects your playing style. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
I am not new to this game and yet I still love free KPs. Once I gave up on tournaments (doing only as much as it's possible without slaughtering all my troops) I found my old pleasure of upgrading wonders.
As I already stated countless times, WS is by far the best system and now, with Perks, it doesn't fail me and my FS. No pairings, no stress, nobody has to administer anything. Everyone can donate those KPs wherever they want, when they want. If they forget and get expired nobody is hurt because we do not assign a person/ wonder for special donation. You know what I mean. ;)

Julian

Sorcerer
I'm going to create a new KP chain. To make it quick, people will just reply to it with an empty message. Then we donate to that player's wonder marked with the heart.

Gargon667

Mentor

Hmm now I haven´t looked much into this feature yet, I figured it´s going to be a fun little side thing to play around with, not much effort, nor much rewards to be found, just something to do really, so I am quite positive towards it, at least it is something new and we haven´t had anything new to do in a very long time. It doesn´t always have to be a uberpowerful gamechanger.

I am just wondering where it makes anyone do anything extra? We get the points for doing neighbour help, right? Most FS already have some kind of rule about NH and I see no reason why anyone would need to change anything there? Enforcing your rules is a good idea in any case (or abandon the rule altogether).
Same with spire and tourney participation, no need to change anything about your FS rules there, the rewards are tiny compared to what you already get from the event, so absolutely no point changing anything you do now. If you want to step up your game in either of those 2 areas, then absolutely go for the rewards you get in the events (KP+Enchantments in the tourney, DA, diamonds and crafting supplies in the spire), but not for this perk thing.

Well I can see how the KP bonus can cause a little extra admin work, but if that is the case, just skip this perk and choose one of the others? The others just give boni for not doing anything at all?

Unless I am missing something big anywhere?

Julian

Sorcerer
This week's tournament is where this system would work. Owing to illness, we're going to miss the ten chests. As we're not going to get there, we've taken the foot off the accelerator. We've got nine chests and any more points will be wasted.

Next week, we can keep going. We may still fall short, but it won't be wasted. It can carry on to the following week, so we can guarantee ten chests then.

I'm hoping it will be particularly useful in getting to Gold in the Spire. That raises a question: would it allow us to gain more than one additional chest, if we save up lots of points?

Pauly7

Magus
Unless I am missing something big anywhere?
No you aren't missing anything. You're right it's only the KP perk which causes any difficulties... unless you count the tasks of choosing the perks and when to use the bonuses... but yeah, mostly just the KP stuff.

Sir Derf

Adept
Question - on the carry-over of unfinished Tourney Chest/Spire Crystal points...

Does this only carry-over for a single FA (or Spire, etc., etc.) to eventually achieve a single higher chest, or can you bank them over several weeks, allowing you to earn multiple higher chests on a FA once every month or two?

FieryArien

Necromancer
Question - on the carry-over of unfinished Tourney Chest/Spire Crystal points...

Does this only carry-over for a single FA (or Spire, etc., etc.) to eventually achieve a single higher chest, or can you bank them over several weeks, allowing you to earn multiple higher chests on a FA once every month or two?
As long as there is space in your bank (2500 per level) and as long as there are some excess points (above the last achieved chest) at the end of tournament, the points are stored in every tournament.

As for using the previously stored points: you don’t choose how many you use. It’s based on points missing to achieve next chest. For example:
- your bank has 4567 points out of 5000 (perk’s 2nd level)
- you are missing 3456 points to reach the 9th chest
—> than the game allows you to use those 3456 to reach that 9th chest. The rest of your points stays in your bank and can be used in the same on in some future tournament.
—> on the other hand if you are missing 4789 points to reach the next chest (more than you have banked), the game doesn’t allow you to use your stored points at all.

Sir Derf

Adept
So, theoretically, if my bank is large enough, I can collect over many FAs, and can eventually spend in a single FA to earn 2-3 additional chests. It's just a matter of having a bank large enough to equal those 2-3 chests. Gotcha.

Gargon667

Mentor

FAs? I thought it was tourneys and spire? and what chests in the FA? You mean waypoints in that case?

Larryary

Seeker
Like I said....is this supposed today. ITS 4 hrs to bedtime and not a word other than the chatter here. I still have no clear outline from inno and no notification on Game page. Luckily I have one player who did beta but what about all the other countless AM,s of s all fs,s. This must mean it's going to be dead simple.?