• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Progression

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the new feature, Fellowship Progression.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Hekata

Artisan
Do we only get Experience points for help given to people in our FS or to the neighbourhood too?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
My understanding is that you receive Experience Points only when giving Neighbourly Help to Fellowship members, however, this will in turn increase the time bonus from overall Neighbourly Help outside of your Fellowship (once enough Points have been earned to unlock this particular perk) :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

rock stream

Scholar
I'd like to throw in an eh?
The news that it will be in the wiki before going live is refreshing.
The discussion in beta was informative but I would like to read about it.

Hekata

Artisan
My understanding is that you receive Experience Points only when giving Neighbourly Help to Fellowship members, however, this will in turn increase the time bonus from overall Neighbourly Help outside of your Fellowship (once enough Points have been earned to unlock this particular perk) :)
Thanks @Herodite :) I don't think we'll be activating that particular perk, some others sound better to me. It's a pity that all NH doesn't count towards ExPs now that we have more active neighbours. I actually thought that that was one of the reasons behind the big shifting of cities, to give everyone the chance to earn more ExPs.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
  • Advanced Help : The timeframe of help received on your city will last longer. You will have more time to offer help back to the player, allowing you to collect coins and supplies. The timeframe will depend on the Perk level.
I'm not really sure whether this is a benefit. At this moment, I can't even return all the help with shorter time frame because of small number of notifications allowed. So what is the point of making the timeframe longer when there's no space in notifications to show it.

OldHag

Necromancer
  • Advanced Help : The timeframe of help received on your city will last longer. You will have more time to offer help back to the player, allowing you to collect coins and supplies. The timeframe will depend on the Perk level.
I'm not really sure whether this is a benefit. At this moment, I can't even return all the help with shorter time frame because of small number of notifications allowed. So what is the point of making the timeframe longer when there's no space in notifications to show it.

Sorry, but just to clarify, this all applies to nh visits with fs mates only?

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
So far I like the KP perk the most but I want to see how hard it'll be to get the experience points to upgrade the Perks first.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Advanced Help - each level added to this perk will increase the timeframe for visits with 4h. It counts for all your visits but only your fellows will generate XP. Neighbours do not generate XPs. First lvl. will add 4h, meaning you will have 27h (instead of 23h u have now) to give help to your guildies. It's important to have at least 1 level of this perk because one of the sources for XP is exactly this Advanced Help Perk. For Golden hands you get 20 XP, for green ones, you get 10 XP.
After that, what perk you decide to level up it depends entirely on your FS activity. If you aim for Golden Trophy in Spire and most of the time you miss it by little, then the Spire Archive is for you. Same goes for Tournaments.
If none of the above is valid for you, then Knowledge Points sharing Perk is the right one for you. Each lvl. adds 1 free KP/ day which can be spent ONLY on others' wonders. It lasts 24h, meaning you can't cumulate them.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
Advanced Help - each level added to this perk will increase the timeframe for visits with 4h. It counts for all your visits but only your fellows will generate XP. Neighbours do not generate XPs. First lvl. will add 4h, meaning you will have 27h (instead of 23h u have now) to give help to your guildies. It's important to have at least 1 level of this perk because one of the sources for XP is exactly this Advanced Help Perk. For Golden hands you get 20 XP, for green ones, you get 10 XP.
Just to check if I got it right: without Advanced help Perk activated, giving NH to our fellows won't earn us any XPs?

Alcaro

Necromancer
@Hekata - you get the XP from ur fellows anyway but the time frame is shorter. The chances to get 20 XP/ fellow are slimmer. I, for one, I rarely do the visits in that weird 23h time frame.

Pauly7

Magus
As my Beta colleagues will know, I've been quite dismissive of the whole thing, with the one exception of the Spire perk. That's very useful for any fellowship who doesn't already get a gold medal every week. (It may even be useful to them once the 4th floor of the Spire is released.)

Tournament perk - I can't possibly be excited about one more tournament chest. I might be if we would otherwise get 9 chests, but there aren't many active fellowships in that position anymore.

KP perk - I guess this is OK, but a few extra KP a day doesn't excite me when doing a few extra easy tournament provinces would exceed that gain, plus fellowships need a little bit of extra complication in their lives by figuring out a way to administer the bonus KP (I.e. you can't give it to yourself and it can hinder existing swap systems.)

Neighbourly help perk - Meh.

Alcaro

Necromancer
As my Beta colleagues will know, I've been quite dismissive of the whole thing, with the one exception of the Spire perk. That's very useful for any fellowship who doesn't already get a gold medal every week. (It may even be useful to them once the 4th floor of the Spire is released.)
Do u know something we don't know ;) or it's just an assumption?

KP perk - I guess this is OK, but a few extra KP a day doesn't excite me when doing a few extra easy tournament provinces would exceed that gain, plus fellowships need a little bit of extra complication in their lives by figuring out a way to administer the bonus KP (I.e. you can't give it to yourself and it can hinder existing swap systems.)
Few extra provinces aren't free. No matter how good you are in fighting, there's always some losses. KPs from this Perk are free.
It hinders only with Net0 system, others don't have a problem. People would donate those KP just as they did before, no head ache at all. It works just fine with Wonder Society system and Swap threads.
Also, don't forget that this perk (as well all others) are meant to help the whole FS not only a player. So, you might be able to get few extra KPs from various sources but that's just you, while others get nothing from your abilities.
In Beta (as you know) we already get 4 free KPs/ day = 100 free KPs/ day/ FS >> for a week are 700 free KPs. I would say that's pretty nice :D

Neighbourly help perk - Meh.
Not quite "meh". First, because Golden hands from ur fellows bring more XPs to your FS. Second, if the FS isn't very big or having lower chapter players, those tools from Golden hands are a great addition.

rock stream

Scholar
Advanced Help - each level added to this perk will increase the timeframe for visits with 4h. It counts for all your visits but only your fellows will generate XP. Neighbours do not generate XPs. First lvl. will add 4h, meaning you will have 27h (instead of 23h u have now) to give help to your guildies
So currently if your neighbor has helped you within the last 24 hours, you will also be rewarded with Supplies when you help them and after helping a player, a 23 hour countdown timer will start and once the time is over, you can help him again and get supplies.
Will the XP affect the 23/24 hour NH supplies? With NH supplies there was an early start visit time and a later visit time. Will the XP cool down time remain at 23 hours and later XP time now at 27 hours?

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
It hinders only with Net0 system, others don't have a problem.

I don't think that it hinders it that much. There's enough free chests available to use the free KPs to match them without too much hassle. Ok, it's a change and needs getting used to but it's still not any worse overall than any other system. It gives fellows freedom to do whatever they want to do with it.

DeletedUser6472

A question for beta players: In Advanced Help perk, by how much increases the timeframe of help received with the first upgrade, please?