• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures - May Contain Beta Spoilers!!!

Pauly7

Magus
Also, this Adventure must be shorter right? I think it's started at the same time of day it usually does, but normally it finishes at about midnight (UK time).

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Also, this Adventure must be shorter right? I think it's started at the same time of day it usually does, but normally it finishes at about midnight (UK time).
Not a great expert on FAs, but didn't this one also finish earlier on the Beta Server...? @Silmaril - any official word on this FA's duration on EN Server?
Edit: Better late than never... according to the in-game Announcement which has just arrived [for me], the end time is indeed earlier than usual:

FA_August_2020_Different_Earlier_End_Time.jpg

I've read the English-language Forums every day for some 2½ years now, and while I may have missed the odd post here and there, I don't remember there being much in the way of 'community feedback' about the precise time of day at which FAs should end (unless of course there are dozens of posts on Facebook or similar... I don't usually read those, although when I do, I typically find almost nothing but glowing praise and/or emoji-storms, so I rather doubt whether Anti-Social Meeja has been the source of a large number of complaints on this specific topic alone).

Still: this apparent response to players' suggestions [assuming, of course, that the second reason given, about technical issues, isn't actually the more significant one] leads me to wonder whether the same consideration will be given to the very, very prominent, detailed, and loud feedback currently being written - here in the Forums, anyway, even though Facebook continues with its usual 'sunshine and rainbows' - on the new Tournament format...?

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I don't remember any community feedback about that either. I could get on board if they moved it to finish at 10pm CEST, rather than 1am, but this finish time makes it finish at 6pm in the UK, which is really inconvenient. The good thing about the 1am finish (midnight here) is that most people are not working. People in Europe may have stayed up a little late, but people across the Atlantic would have finished working for the climax and even people in Australia may be up and playing (the next morning).

If there was community feedback I would bet money on it never happening on the EN server or Beta server. Certainly no one voted for them to just make the FA shorter... and I'm fairly sure no one wanted it to finish on a Thursday night. Had it been a Sunday, as usual, they could finish it any time of the evening they wanted to.

Gargon667

Mentor
The timing of this FA sucks. I'm not a fan of it finishing midweek at all, but worse than that is having it finish at 5pm or 6pm. That means that many people in Europe won't be able to attend to the last couple of hours as they will be working or travelling home from work. For anyone playing from the other side of the Atlantic (we have several) the end of the FA will be slap in the middle of their working day.
If I am not completely off it is 7 PM CET? But anyway not much time to brew beer for the working folks, however the same folks rarely stayed to the end before, if they had to go to work the next day...

DeletedUser2838

If I am not completely off it is 7 PM CET? But anyway not much time to brew beer for the working folks, however the same folks rarely stayed to the end before, if they had to go to work the next day...
That would be 18:00 BST in the UK. A ridiculous time to finish. Another 3 hrs would be useful. Those who work have early evening if they have the time, earlymorning if they can squeeze it in, otherwise the Pit needs to be opened 24 hrs in advance to give the Brits access the previous evening. Not happy.

Master Arthur

Alchemist
My Fellowship has just, yet again, completed this event. Whilst the level of the challenge is acceptable, our chat is full of the comments that relate to the prizes being RUBBISH/UN-INSPIRING/ plus OTHERS that are not repeatable. The prize of an level upgrade for the last event for Phase 2 was acceptable BUT TO REPEAT it for Phase 3 was, as seen by my members, as confirmation to many that except for TEAM SPIRIT this event is "NOT WORTH PLAYING". Surely Inno could have come up with a Flexible LEVEL upgrade for ANY PAST EVENT and even a Blueprint as a reward for the smaller fellowships, who now find that the tournament's new format, makes it impossible to reach level 10. I cannot express words strongly enough to say that unless INNO comes up with a better, more inspiring, rewarding prize structure this event will go down in the games record as " IT IS NOT WORTH PLAYING".

Julian

Sorcerer
The adventures are overdue for an overhaul. It's good that they've sorted out the collection system. Now they need to improve the rewards and possibly add more than just the pit to push the top fellowships. Perhaps a 4th map. I would suggest a wishing well for Map 3, and a genie for Map 4.

DeletedUser3571

I doubt they will change the rewards as they seem to be wanting all rewards to be reduced not increased.

Pauly7

Magus
It is very much worth playing regardless of the rewards. It brings the fellowship together in a way nothing else does. We find it great fun.
I have to agree with Julian, it is a good event! I think that they ought to be limited to 3 or 4 per year, and I think we should get choices of prizes. Folks should be able to pick between instants, or themed items, like a Spire pack (some CCs, random Spire specific rewards), or an AW pack (rune shards and instants), buildings, that kind of thing.
Yeah, I agree with both at this point.

It looks like there is another FA scheduled for one month from now. That's just too much. No time to recover teleport spells, etc, and less enthusiasm to go again. 3-4 months between them is ideal.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Makes sense, people will play it harder, especially brown-bear-less players. You can always take a break. I am flashing a Magnificent Column of Triumph, however, we took it super easy this one, by unanimous decision and we have a couple of people doing pit tests for future ideas. If you skip one FA, you can always just rest, or do one path for all three stages and leave the pit open if any of your FS members whats to try stuff.

It felt great, this FA, to build only 30 WS without teleporting, and just chilling, it's refreshing, you can do the same for the next one and skip it. Get your carting library and knowledge and that's it :)

The Pit is what exhausts us, and we decide whether do it or not, but the actual artifacts, etc require little effort if all the FS helps a bit.

Julian

Sorcerer
It looks like there is another FA scheduled for one month from now. That's just too much. No time to recover teleport spells, etc, and less enthusiasm to go again. 3-4 months between them is ideal.
If that's so, that would be terrible. We went from April to August between the previous ones, which was too long. One month is too short. We need time to recover and restock. I'd seriously have to discuss with my fellowship about giving it a miss so we could save up for the next one. Space them out evenly, perhaps one every 3 months.

Pauly7

Magus
If that's so, that would be terrible. We went from April to August between the previous ones, which was too long. One month is too short. We need time to recover and restock. I'd seriously have to discuss with my fellowship about giving it a miss so we could save up for the next one. Space them out evenly, perhaps one every 3 months.
Yep, it's lurking there in the game files.

I enjoy a good FA, but I actually think April to August is a good sized break between them. It's long enough to be enthusiastic about it starting and to collect up the teleports you need. I'm fine with 3 months, but any sooner feels like too soon.

Gargon667

Mentor
I found 3 month a bit too long, I had way too much junk in my town by the start of this one, I deleted 121 buildings and only teleported 25 lol. And that is after I had a partial cleanup a few weeks earlier (then would have been the perfect timing for me)

Before that long break we had far too many FAs (1 every month!) not for preparation reasons, but simply because making it common makes it boring. It should be rare enough to be special.

I vote for 1 FA every 2-3 month depending on how they fit in the schedule with other events.

If Inno really plans running another FA right after the bear event, it just shows again that there is not a single person in that company with a view for more than the next week or 2... Why on earth would anyone run FAs back to back, then not at all for 3 month and then back to back again??? Space them out! And maybe next time don´t roll out a major game changing feature like the new tourneys the same week you run an FA. Again: there were 3 month of nothing (except 3 even more boring back to back story events) in between 2 FAs, but you choose the one week when there is an FA??? Please one of you guys use the calender feature on your preferred gadget! It´s not actually that hard...

Gargon667

Mentor
That would be 18:00 BST in the UK. A ridiculous time to finish. Another 3 hrs would be useful. Those who work have early evening if they have the time, earlymorning if they can squeeze it in, otherwise the Pit needs to be opened 24 hrs in advance to give the Brits access the previous evening. Not happy.

That is true, but not everybody lives in the UK, no matter what time you pick it will always be 18:00 somewhere on the globe, that´s the down side of having an international server...

But saying all that I do agree that most likely a better time could have been found, because it also sucked for the Aussies/Asians (3AM or some such nonsense).

valle

Soothsayer
If Inno really plans running another FA right after the bear event, it just shows again that there is not a single person in that company with a view for more than the next week or 2... Why on earth would anyone run FAs back to back, then not at all for 3 month and then back to back again???

As they usually offers upgrades to the last event building I guess thats the reason they run it just after the event. So that people who haven't got all parts can get the last ones.