• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures - May Contain Beta Spoilers!!!

Julian

Sorcerer
@Silmaril do you know what time it starts?

Hekata

Artisan
Friday? How do they expect us to get all the spells for badges? The new tournament system doesn't allow us to go deep into provinces so that's already a hit on those badges and by Friday I'll be done with most of the tournament.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Friday? How do they expect us to get all the spells for badges? The new tournament system doesn't allow us to go deep into provinces so that's already a hit on those badges and by Friday I'll be done with most of the tournament.
Oops, I didn’t realize this consequence. Thanks for pointing this out!

What if it’s on purpose? Part of the testing of tournament rebalance: gathering data on its impact on FA ...

Hekata

Artisan
Oops, I didn’t realize this consequence. Thanks for pointing this out!

What if it’s on purpose? Part of the testing of tournament rebalance: gathering data on its impact on FA ...

You're welcome.

But isn't it more logical to test the new tournament in normal conditions first (= without the FA) since those don't come up that often anyway to see how the tournament works without other factors involved and then start the FA next Monday, as they usually do, and test them with the second week of the new tournament?

This is going to have a really big impact of the FA. I sometimes wonder if the devs think everything through.

There's also the possibility they are trying to get casual players to do all 5 or 6 rounds of the new tournaments (which they usually don't) to prove their claim that it's now easier get the 1600 needed for 10 chests since doing 5-6 rounds to province 8 or 9 will keep you in the very easy green zone.

Julian

Sorcerer
It's going to have the opposite effect on my fellowship. I'm recommending to hold back on the tournament until the FA starts, so we have the firepower to get badges on Friday and Saturday.

Hekata

Artisan
I was considering that too, but for players without a Timewarp or a polar bear that mean only 2 rounds of tourney so very few points for the chest since they won't be able to go high into provinces either. For those with a Timewarp it depends on the level. With my main city could do max 3, 4 if I build and feed the Polar bear. But with my other city I'd be stuck on 2 like like most players,

Alcaro

Necromancer
how about starting to ignore the FA??
Too much work for some KPs instants, 2 artifacts for a building many of us will never build and a Ferris Wheel.

Hekata

Artisan
I think it's all calculated. The FA going on will take some of the heat away from tournament anger.
Maybe.Or maybe it will make it worse when players realise they can't get enough spells. Did they lower the amounts on Beta?

Pauly7

Magus
Did they lower the amounts on Beta?
There's not really a lot of change to the last Fellowship Adventure. There are slight tweaks in badge numbers (i.e. a few more bracelets, a few less farmers, etc) but I think the spell and Wonder Society numbers are much the same.

Pauly7

Magus
It's going to have the opposite effect on my fellowship. I'm recommending to hold back on the tournament until the FA starts, so we have the firepower to get badges on Friday and Saturday.
I need nearly 10 hours between tournament rounds, but I'm figuring on starting my tournament Thursday lunchtime. That should still get me through 6 rounds on 2 pet foods and 4 of them will be within the FA.

As @Hekata says, that's more difficult for people without Timewarps and Polar Bears. I don't think there's too much difference between this and an FA starting on a Monday though, as we will be able to include rounds from next week's tournament in the FA.

Julian

Sorcerer
I don't think there's too much difference between this and an FA starting on a Monday though, as we will be able to include rounds from next week's tournament in the FA.
Sure, except for top FA teams, who expect to be on to the pit by then.

Pauly7

Magus
Sure, except for top FA teams, who expect to be on to the pit by then.
Surely for a top FA team it doesn't really matter when they get the pit open, so long as they have already made all the badges needed to go round the target number of times.

Julian

Sorcerer
True. But if spells are the only thing to hold us up, I might get itchy fingered with time instants in the MA.

Gargon667

Mentor
The holdup for us will be the money bags, not the Magic badges. None of these badges decide how many points we will have in the end anyway.

The tourney timing is different this time and needs a bit of different tactics, but it´s no big deal either way. But it´s nice we can get 25 of each magic badge at the end of the tourney this time. :)

I do not think there is any planning by Inno involved at all. They have many times before shown they don´t plan anything ahead of time. They just do, whenever they have something they want to do lol.

Pauly7

Magus
The timing of this FA sucks. I'm not a fan of it finishing midweek at all, but worse than that is having it finish at 5pm or 6pm. That means that many people in Europe won't be able to attend to the last couple of hours as they will be working or travelling home from work. For anyone playing from the other side of the Atlantic (we have several) the end of the FA will be slap in the middle of their working day.