• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowships Fellowship adventures poor prizes

Lady Monica

Spellcaster
Hi Inno Games
I feel I need to tell you my experience with FS Adventures. Let me say from the get go I think the game is great, love playing it and our members are wonderful people. You all do a wonderful job trying to stimulate and please an ever growing Elvenar community. The graphics are excellent and it must be very difficult to come up with new ideas and processes.

It takes a lot of planning / execution to be able to successfully complete fellowship adventures, but the prizes (according to me and members) are not worth it. My team cannot give up a lot of time for poor prizes. This adventure is too hard to complete especially the third path. Last FS Adventure we made it to the whirlpool, this time we only got halfway. It has not as yet finished but it won’t be completed this time.

In my opinion it disadvantages the smaller fellowships as well as to be able to attempt to complete this you need many workshops and non-boosted goods and spells to complete it in time. We have Maybe 10 players attempted out of 25 because they did not want to partake for travelling merchants and a few KP’s. I am sorry but you need to rethink the prizes for the next one otherwise no one will play.

I believe the spreadsheet was a dismal failure. My team got spooked that they had to fill something out and they don’t have the time, it was too hard etc. In the end I attempted to update it, but with the team spread in so many countries it became unworkable. We really tried to communicate but by the time this happened it was too late.
Suggestions:

1. Better prizes
2. Instead of the spreadsheet ,a better idea would to have a pull down menu on the FS adventure itinerary that shows all of the produce in the fellowship, that way no one needs to fill out spreadsheets that had me going blind by the end of the day.

This is my opinion and I would like to thank you for allowing me to make suggestions, I trust this helps with the next adventure as I stated earlier it is a great game.
Lady Monica

DeletedUser5760

I think even better approach would be having a FS treasury where the members can donate their badges and then archmages/mages can distribute them into waypoints.
This way everyone would be able to see how many of each badge the FS has produced and it would be possible to avoid all of this nonsense of trying to keep track of which badges each member has produced and wait for them to come online to actually put them into waypoints.
I understand that currently rewards are only handed out to members that have contributed to waypoints of specific stage, but the same approach could be taken for donating to treasury - if you donated you get the stage prizes, if not - you don't.
To me it seems it's either a major design flaw for the adventure system itself or it's made this way on purpose to make things unnecessarily complicated to manage and therefore lose time, which is not sufficient to begin with. As a result one just gets a stressful experience out of this and there's no fun in doing the adventure itself. And as Lady Monica already stated, the final prizes don't feel rewarding enough for this irritating process the participants need to get through.

DeletedUser5095

The awards are not pathetic, rather offensive. After so much work of complete FS we get a merchant who can produce (at my level, 6th chapter) - 69 steel or 69 planks in 3 hours???

Level 2 merchant produce the same, 69 of tier 2 goods, while tier 3 produce 69 of tier 3 goods??

It should be merchant level 2 producing 69x4 = 276 tier 2 goods and 276x4=1104 tier 1 goods to make at least any sense.

I've already sold merchant 1 and I will sell merchant 2 as well.

My FS is considering not to play another adventure as most FS are not doing cause these awards are more than pathetic.

All in all, all so far adventures are a big fail by my opinion, why even bothering?

DeletedUser5095

And one more thing. After finishing at place 47 we got astonishing reward times one: time booster 30 minutes. Nice joke.

I think you could do better with 1x 3 minutes time booster next time.

m4rt1n

Adept
At least your fellowship got a poor prize, my fellowship only managed the first map this time after completing previous events and playing the whirlpool.

I always ask myself, did it cost money to play the event, NO
Did I get something for free extra,without paying money. YES

So although we did poorly in the adventure, we got something extra, even if small for free. :)

DeletedUser5095

No, you did not get it for "free". You put effort and work.

Same as when you work, you do not get the wage for free, but you get it as compensation for your work. If you are willing to work for wage way under for that job and to be happy, I am happy too. We are talking that awards are poor and the adventure is not worth playing. You will get 100x times more on events, like 14h boosters times 2x each time you open the big chest with the probability of 13%. If not that, you get something else more valuable than main prizes on the adventure, while you need to put more effort in the adventure.

DeletedUser219

Except Elvenar is NOT work, it is a GAME.
I doubt any of us are playing this to keep food on the table, or to keep the mortgage paid up.
We are playing this because we enjoy the challenge of the game,
We do the events because there is a chance that we will get something to help us meet the challenge of the game.
The prizes were known well before anyone got too involved. If you did not like the prizes, why would you get involved?.
Events, Adventures, even Tournaments are designed to distract you from the difficult challenge of building a city that works, to maintain the attention of those who can't be bothered to struggle and learn to make the game work for them.

DeletedUser5095

If you did not like the prizes, why would you get involved?.

For 2 reasons:

1. My FS decided to play (and there is a decision that we will not play it anymore), and

2. Many of the FS members have no idea about the prizes until they got them. Do not ask me why, but now it is clear for all FS members what we are talking about.

Whatever you say, are you or not their employee, prizes on the adventure are poor comparing to everything else.

DeletedUser219

How neatly you attempt to avoid the main points of my comment.
This is a GAME! You choose to play it, you choose to invest your time in it, you choose to spend real money on it (if you feel you must).
At no time are you promised anything more than a time of entertainment. At no time are you promised that you will gain something concrete from it.

And no, I am nobodies employee, I gave that up as a lost cause long ago.

DeletedUser5095

No, it was my FS decision. When I pointed out it is stupid to waste time on that and when I gave the reasons, most of the members agreed.

And, because of people like you, prizes will be poor. And I wish you next time get 3 minute booster for "free" to enjoy award.

DeletedUser219

No, because of people like me, who see the quality of this game, in spite of the shortcomings, this game will continue to get better and better.
If the comments in this thread were in the FA feedback thread, where they belong, and were well-reasoned, pointing out the positives as well as the negatives, we would have a much better chance of improvement, rather than people choosing to play the Adventure, and then whining about the results.

DeletedUser3097

@banem @Horanda

As your exchange of opinions is taking this thread off-topic, please continue your discussion on the official feedback thread.

BACK TO...

1. Better prizes
2. Instead of the spreadsheet ,a better idea would to have a pull down menu on the FS adventure itinerary that shows all of the produce in the fellowship, that way no one needs to fill out spreadsheets that had me going blind by the end of the day.

DeletedUser4796

Very poor prize in this FA given what is demanded. I get that you need to have ways to slow gamer progress and encourage purchase of diamonds, you are a business after all, but the balance needs to be right. This FA is waaaayyyyy off. The prizes are ones we have already got in most cases and are no where need a reasonable payment for our resources and effort. I have participated in all previous FA but will not be participating this time. My big hope is that you will seriously rebalance next time and I can enjoy FA again.

DeletedUser4180

Hi Inno Games
I feel I need to tell you my experience with FS Adventures. Let me say from the get go I think the game is great, love playing it and our members are wonderful people. You all do a wonderful job trying to stimulate and please an ever growing Elvenar community. The graphics are excellent and it must be very difficult to come up with new ideas and processes.

It takes a lot of planning / execution to be able to successfully complete fellowship adventures, but the prizes (according to me and members) are not worth it. My team cannot give up a lot of time for poor prizes. This adventure is too hard to complete especially the third path. Last FS Adventure we made it to the whirlpool, this time we only got halfway. It has not as yet finished but it won’t be completed this time.

In my opinion it disadvantages the smaller fellowships as well as to be able to attempt to complete this you need many workshops and non-boosted goods and spells to complete it in time. We have Maybe 10 players attempted out of 25 because they did not want to partake for travelling merchants and a few KP’s. I am sorry but you need to rethink the prizes for the next one otherwise no one will play.

I believe the spreadsheet was a dismal failure. My team got spooked that they had to fill something out and they don’t have the time, it was too hard etc. In the end I attempted to update it, but with the team spread in so many countries it became unworkable. We really tried to communicate but by the time this happened it was too late.
Suggestions:

1. Better prizes

This is my opinion and I would like to thank you for allowing me to make suggestions, I trust this helps with the next adventure as I stated earlier it is a great game.
Lady Monica

DeletedUser4180

Hello Dear Developers,

I just want to make some suggestions on this matter.

At the beginning it was good that you could choose 1 path without paying goods or relics, and now you all are forcing players to pay goods and relics giving no option that one can get to Stage 3 and claiming the building Rewards, and I simply can't agree with that.

Not only you all are giving Major advantage to High Score Fellowships, but you are also making the game very unfair and very hard to get any competition from it.

The option to get some Rewards without paying goods should be available and the Fellowships looking for Top 3 Rewards could have the option to pay goods if they want to do more score for the Top 3 Rewards, I really can't agree with trying to force players to pay goods relics or anything at all, this is a free world and looks like you all want to turn your game into a dictatorship.

The Rewards also should be much better or at least significantly better, but the Major let down in my opinion is forcing players to pay goods and relics if they want to get any Reward at all, even some boosters lol, what a joke.

I really hope the Developers listen to al the players feedback

I hope that my message can help to improve Elvenar.

Kind regards

DeletedUser5095

My FS will not play adventures anymore (despite mod deleting my messages).

Moderator Note:

@banem, your post was deleted because you were derailing another forum user's thread, despite being asked by Forum Moderation to stop. This was explained to you in a personal message. Both positive and negative feedback, given within Forum Guidelines, is never deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lelanya

Mentor
Poor prizes. Hmm not sure I agree with that. These prizes are free for the taking just a little effort. Everyone grouses about the greedy quests but let's be honest - how big are your piles of goodies? Ha quite large for me. And shared out it's actually quite reasonable

I suspect the direction these adventures take is a hint from Timon that new folks stand the best chance when supported by developed players. And I agree. Smaller players get stuck all the time. To keep fresh blood they need help. But on the other hand a mixed FS is not for everyone either. But for players with a good attitude many things are possible.

Good luck tomorrow all x