• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures - May Contain Beta Spoilers!!!

Pauly7

Magus
The three remaing options in crafting for me at the moment offer 16, 19 and 29 vision vapour - a huge waste for an expensive badge if only 10 will be counted.
Especially galling when one of them is one of the absurdly overpriced PP recipes. (@Silmaril please can we ask the devs to review the cost of crafting one of these? I'm fairly sure, if they looked, they'd find that hardly any every get used.)

cwgiii

Shaman
Especially galling when one of them is one of the absurdly overpriced PP recipes. (@Silmaril please can we ask the devs to review the cost of crafting one of these? I'm fairly sure, if they looked, they'd find that hardly any every get used.)

+1

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Recipes are priced according to the value of the item within the game. The Vision Vapor value is of course a further reflection of this.
Seems quite unfortunate that three of the higher end recipe's landed together at this time.

Pauly7

Magus
Recipes are priced according to the value of the item within the game. The Vision Vapor value is of course a further reflection of this.
Seems quite unfortunate that three of the higher end recipe's landed together at this time.
My point is that that these recipes are most definitely not that valuable. PP spells are readily available for free. There aren't many occasions where a player may think that one may be useful to them. The CC cost for crafting one is just beyond ludicrous. OK, so they don't harm anyone, except by clogging up one of the recipe slots, but I can't fathom any reason that they may value a 20% PP at 10 CCs. Yes, they give a lot of Vision Vapour to compensate, but that doesn't explain any of it.

If we did a survey of what players think would be a reasonable cost of that recipe, I wonder what we would see. I place a higher value on a supplies instant, where a 100% recipe costs 6 CCs. (On that topic, I purposefully kept my Polar Bear on level 9, because I get a supplies instant instead of a PP.)

BlueBlou

Illusionist
If I follow the above reasoning correctly, then a green flame must be the least valuable item, although I think it is the best craft for VV gained for the number of CC used. 9 VV for 2 CC.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
The Elvenar Team did a great job trying to upgrade the Events and the Fa
they still need to tweak things
To many in my 3 fellowships are
Uninterested or frustrated because those that want to play are discouraged with all the unnecessary MA productions they have to make in order to get an arcane badge ,and Quest event vision vapours are over loaded also
2nd the bracelets are not much better than beta version
3 the farmers should of been left alone
4Elvenar no doubt bases everything on a full 25 player fellowship (which in many cases there are less players)
and again missed the mark for 100k less cities
Players put a lot of time and effort trying to keep up and get the rewards some how the Fun is now gone and the enthusiasm is lost (just saying)

Sir Derf

Adept
It's hard for me to judge, having prepared heavily in advance and with a fellowship that has improved over time, as to where the threshold might be for ease of play of the new style FA.

My two cents...

It's not the end of the world to have events that aren't a breeze to complete. The easier the FA, making smaller Fellowships happy, you will end up boring the larger Fellowships. There should be a continuum of achievement to go with the continuum of Fellowships.

What I don't like is how this change has brought the actions needed for a FA closer to those of an Event. I think I'm voluntarily doing more of almost everything I just did in 20 days, but in 6.

Next FA mod will add badges for Research, Building upgrades and Scouting.

Gargon667

Mentor
What Pauly said. Feed some chickens, use MM spells, be active enough to grind out 3 hour productions constantly

All of the above is the standard if you have them and better if you have more T1 factories.

Gargon667

Mentor
The three remaing options in crafting for me at the moment offer 16, 19 and 29 vision vapour - a huge waste for an expensive badge if only 10 will be counted.

This is of course not ideal, but you cannpt have ideal every time... Also the VV overshoot is less relevant than CC cost. Or building time if you are using time boosts.

Susie49

Soothsayer
So still only 50 points per bottomless pit round? Seems mean since we now need 15 badges per round and if memory serves me right we only used to need 9

Gargon667

Mentor
So still only 50 points per bottomless pit round? Seems mean since we now need 15 badges per round and if memory serves me right we only used to need 9

50 per waypoint (same as before), 300 per round.

yes it is more, but it has absolutely no importance. The only thing this influences is the ranking in the end. max points are not comparable to previous FAs anyway, and who ever spins the pit the most is going to win, no matter if you give 50 or 100 or 1000 points per waypoint.

Sir Derf

Adept
Previous pit was 3 asks per round, each ask for 5 each of 3 badge types, 50 points per ask, totaling 150 points per round wanting 5 each of 9 badges types.

New pit is 6 asks per round, each ask for 5 each of 2 or 3 badge types, 50 points per ask, totaling 300 points per round wanting 5 each of all 16 badge types.

DeletedUser2838

The vision vapor is just too hard especially as we had to make so much in the previous event. And so many MA recipes give only 7 or 9 meaning an extra recipe to complete the 10
The problem is that two days ago my two FS stopped playing - in terms of producing badges. We were just sitting around waiting for members to produce Arcane Residue. If we didn't have enough of those to finish the maps there was no point in producing any excess of other badges for the pit. So we are all sat twiddling our thumbs at the moment, hoping to get more Arcane Residue. It's incredibly boring.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
@foolfighter , you don’t need to finish all the maps. Your team just need to complete one route to get to the flag to get the reward. It does not have to be a straight route either. End on the blue line as it does not have the terrible arcane residue demands of the other two.

Lelanya

Mentor
The problem is that two days ago my two FS stopped playing - in terms of producing badges. We were just sitting around waiting for members to produce Arcane Residue. If we didn't have enough of those to finish the maps there was no point in producing any excess of other badges for the pit. So we are all sat twiddling our thumbs at the moment, hoping to get more Arcane Residue. It's incredibly boring.
This!! It is hard to stay motivated and keep moving forward when the tough badges absolutely limit forward progress. We shouldn't have to use time instants just to finish, or run cities out of CCs and relics to craft them.
I feel for newer players who don't have my resources, whose FSs are not set up for this. Fellowship Adventures is supposed to be exciting, and full of opportunities to build a team. This is NOT the same Adventure, and sadly, I cannot thank Inno for this.