• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures - May Contain Beta Spoilers!!!

Morning Town

Alchemist
So you decide to run the new format FA with a weekend in the middle when there is no Spire from Friday to Sunday and no tournament from Saturday to Tuesday, when so many of the new badges need tournament encounters, Spire encounters, lots of relics, lots of spells and lots of KP.
Who thought this was a good idea?

So as well as having a Tourney that limits game progress..... we now have an FA that makes "delaying" Spire & tourney activity a beneficial playing option - it's okay though, I'll wake up soon and all will be back to normal :D

malph

Spellcaster
So you decide to run the new format FA with a weekend in the middle when there is no Spire from Friday to Sunday and no tournament from Saturday to Tuesday, when so many of the new badges need tournament encounters, Spire encounters, lots of relics, lots of spells and lots of KP.

you got to laugh at there idea and planning
this will now make players hold of from starting the tournament and if its a 10 chest fellowship then if they dont have the timewarp and polar at high level then if they hold of to long then they might risk getting the 10 chests from the tournament ..
Alot of fellowships will now have to decide is it the FSA or tournament

Lelanya

Mentor
Which is why I asked yesterday morning!

Pauly7

Magus
this will now make players hold of from starting the tournament and if its a 10 chest fellowship then if they dont have the timewarp and polar at high level then if they hold of to long then they might risk getting the 10 chests from the tournament ..
Alot of fellowships will now have to decide is it the FSA or tournament
I don't think either will be all that impactful, because it is unlikely that Elemental Marbles, Ghost in a Bottles or Witches Hats become the bottleneck. Of course people would be better saving tournament or spire encounters for the right moments, up to a point.

malph

Spellcaster
I don't think either will be all that impactful, because it is unlikely that Elemental Marbles, Ghost in a Bottles or Witches Hats become the bottleneck. Of course people would be better saving tournament or spire encounters for the right moments, up to a point.

I disagree there is alot of fellowships that manage between 7-10 chests in the tournaments and they are not at a level where they have the time warp or a polar bear and that means they got to wait 16 hrs between rounds so they cant hold of and if they do hold of then they wont get there normal amount of chests .

Pauly7

Magus
I disagree there is alot of fellowships that manage between 7-10 chests in the tournaments and they are not at a level where they have the time warp or a polar bear and that means they got to wait 16 hrs between rounds so they cant hold of and if they do hold of then they wont get there normal amount of chests .
I mean that these badges are unlikely to be a limiting factor. With this new FA, progress is limited to whatever the slowest produced badge is. When we played it on Beta we were scrapping to produce extra bracelet or residue badges and as such we had many (well over a hundred) left over of all the badges generated by the spire or tournament. Residue and bracelet badges have been softened now, but I still think they will easily be the slowest point... Unless there are fellowships with an abundance of spare CC badges, but don't go very far in either spire or tournament.

Aside from all this - the Fellowship Adventure runs for a week. Doesn't this mean that there will be the same number of available tournament rounds whenever it starts? In fact, I would go as far as to say that starting on a Thursday makes it easier than starting Somewhere between Sunday and Tuesday, as people may theoretically have the ability to play anything up to 12 tournament rounds and 2 spires during the same FA.

Jackluyt

Shaman
The new Fellowship Adventures starts on Thursday 19th.
Here is all the event information we recorded during the event in Beta Server:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/2763619473900032
You are welcome to share this - including prizes, stage maps and spreadsheet - with friends and fellowship.

125420104_10218038554176036_4834977826447397888_n.jpg

Sir Derf

Adept
I've done my personal analysis of this new FA, and I'll give you a hint from my opinion... optimum Map strategy is very different, now that the pit uses all badge types.

Sir Derf

Adept
Consider the following...

There are 24 Waypoints per Map (not counting the required start), for a total of 72 Waypoints. Brute force, there are 2^72, or 4.72*10^21 different combinations of Waypoints. However, that contains a lot of impossible configurations, and a lot of possible-but-unsatisfactory configurations that do not include completed bottom-to-top Routes.

On a given map, there are three colored Paths, each broken into 3 separate segments. There are 3*3*3=27 different bottom-to-top Routes on each Map. This gives a total of 27^3=19,683 different full 3 Map Routes.

In addition to having Routes, you can also pick up extra Waypoints. Each colored path has 40 possible ways to pick up extra waypoints. That's 40^3=64,000 patterns on a Map, or 40^3^3=2.62*10^14 patterns on all 3 maps. (Note, this includes some impossible to clear patterns)

Thankfully, these don't combine into 5.16*10^18 possibilities, which while a decrease in almost 3 orders of magnitude, is still way to large to investigate. There is significant overlap between Waypoints solved for Routes and those collected as extras. I think that the combination of 27 Routes per Map and 64,000 extra Waypoint patterns per Map result in only 34,506 unique patterns that include a Route, per map (Again, this includes some impossible to clear patterns). Across 3 Maps, this reduces us to minimizing across a mere 4.11*10^13 possibilities.

That's much simpler... ;)

DeletedUser5093

@Sir Derf
I haven't read through this whole thread, so I may be missing the context of your comments, but how about you just do an analysis for a few common routes. Would that work better?
Most common routes are:
- orange path only
- green path only
- blue path only
- orange path plus multicoloured waypoints
- green path plus multicoloured waypoints
- blue path plus multicoloured waypoints
- all waypoints

Gargon667

Mentor
I mean that these badges are unlikely to be a limiting factor. With this new FA, progress is limited to whatever the slowest produced badge is. When we played it on Beta we were scrapping to produce extra bracelet or residue badges and as such we had many (well over a hundred) left over of all the badges generated by the spire or tournament. Residue and bracelet badges have been softened now, but I still think they will easily be the slowest point... Unless there are fellowships with an abundance of spare CC badges, but don't go very far in either spire or tournament.

Aside from all this - the Fellowship Adventure runs for a week. Doesn't this mean that there will be the same number of available tournament rounds whenever it starts? In fact, I would go as far as to say that starting on a Thursday makes it easier than starting Somewhere between Sunday and Tuesday, as people may theoretically have the ability to play anything up to 12 tournament rounds and 2 spires during the same FA.

I agree with this: It doesn´t mean you get less days, you just have to play 2 different tourneys, the end of elixir and the beginning of Dust. Because you can shuffle the timing around a bit especially if you have a bit of cooldown reduction you can probably do more encounters this way than you could if it was only 1 tourney.
It does however benefit strong tourney players even more. In my case, I can play 2 entire tourneys and also 2 entire spires during this FA :D

Sir Derf

Adept
1) I had been delaying even doing the analysis myself, let alone sharing it, mainly because I was wondering if they would tweak the values between Beta and Live, which they did.

2) Also, I wanted to get a feel for how easy/hard it was to make each of the badge types.

This all-badges-work-in-the-pit is causing a philosophical split in my brain. Should everything be weighed in absolute pit-equivalent terms, or should there be stronger consideration for what the bottleneck badges are, and how best to use more prolific badges in extra Waypoints?

Old style, it was much more straightforward to analyze. I pretty much dismissed the 6 non-production badges, between their ease to make and their non-pit contributions, and could boil the remaining 10 badges down to 2 numbers, square-hours. Now, there are 9 non-production badges, which are all used in the pit, and the complication of new Bracelets is annoying.

I started my analysis looking for cheapest best routes on each map, then looking for better-than-pit add-ons. I then reworked my approach, looking at better-than-pit waypoints and runs, and then looking at what what was needed to make routes around that. I'm now wondering about possible better-than-pit groupings that cross maps.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
I'm sorry to be the wet blanket here, but is anyone else feeling very pressured by the back-to-back fellowship adventures? I mean, the last one was beginning of October! And now we have to deal with a major paradigm shift of how to deal with a new one... my brain is melting!

Rather than feeling challenged, I feel overwhelmed. And i don't think this is a good feeling to feel about a game tbh... too much feels :oops:

Hekata

Artisan
I really wish they had named the new versions of statues, necklaces and bracelets differently or at least made some kind of in game announcement to really point out they have changed. It's creating some confusion with veteran players who already know they need to start statues when the FA is announced and don't ready carefully all that is said in FA messages.

Lelanya

Mentor
I really wish they had named the new versions of statues, necklaces and bracelets differently or at least made some kind of in game announcement to really point out they have changed. It's creating some confusion with veteran players who already know they need to start statues when the FA is announced and don't ready carefully all that is said in FA messages.
If I could agree any harder, I would!! This right here, is on target with what we've all been feeling