• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

DeletedUser6041

The tournament was too difficult,our guild were two stages away from completing,very disappointing .

Lelanya

Mentor
@Lisica

Please make sure any further comments do not break the rule:

Many people spent many hours trying to help the players caught up in this unfortunate bug, and thank you to them. It is not helpful or constructive to pour salt into the wound.
Thank you for all the hard work put in by the support staff. It was late in the week and over the weekend so just shows dedication that so many tried so hard. I have found over the months that many come here to complain when their difficulties are not resolved to their satisfaction. It is doubly appreciated when I consider that most are volunteers. Thank them for us Lizzie please.
I hope that lots was learned from the Knights of Anduin's pit lock so the design team can engineer a fix. And I suspect your support team bonded just as much as did the Fellowships who worked cooperatively and listened to their leaders. So in that sense the time was not lost.
I think also that folks do not realize a couple of points:
1. Moderators or Support have their main account. They could be that fellow of yours who told their FA bosses I am working this weekend so will sneak in some badges here and there and were not able to do much in the end.
2. Same staff often have 2nd accounts that are used to test bugs and the like. They could be your neighbour or gasp! partially active fellow. They would certainly be the kind of account that would garner attention from some of the more notorious posters here.
I say again, because it is worth saying, THANK YOU for all you do for us!

DeletedUser3337

1. Moderators or Support have their main account. They could be that fellow of yours who told their FA bosses I am working this weekend so will sneak in some badges here and there and were not able to do much in the end.
2. Same staff often have 2nd accounts that are used to test bugs and the like. They could be your neighbour or gasp! partially active fellow. They would certainly be the kind of account that would garner attention from some of the more notorious posters here.
I say again, because it is worth saying, THANK YOU for all you do for us!
This part of your post is totally off-topic .. you know .... off course we know that and the moderator knows, that I for one know, no kiddin SherlockPimpy©

1. Notorious posters aka 'players who are unhappy and express their griefs'.
In this case griefs about the Fellowship Adventures. Negative Feedback = Feedback too.
Let them unwind, there might be players who can comfort them.
Should not put a stamp on anyone as being notorious please, that is not nice tsk tsk tsk
2. The fact that you do not read/see compliments and gratitude, does not automaticly mean there IS NO gratitude.
I bet there are enough out there who actually like the Fellowship Adventures.
But they are happy, they are peaceful, they are content as it is and usually do not invest energy to go to a forum and say THANK YOU mods, thank you Inno, thank you Support. Oh you do say that soooo often .... so often ....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moderator merged 2 of my posts together.

I passed on your thanks, Lelanya. And yes, many are volunteers like myself.

Back on-topic please.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joke is gone if you merge *naughtycatlaughs*

Last edited by a moderator:

Killiak

Artisan
*re-hashes all the old criticism on FA's*

Nothing has changed ya know.... And I am sure bragging about first place is nice and all, but really it's just a competition between 1% of the players and nobody else really gives a [insert bad word] about the whole dang thing. That's nothing to be proud of, neither as developer nor as players.

Personally I really like pimpy's suggestion here. It makes it an actual FUN fellowship adventure with a relevant effort-reward ratio. Then you can also choose to actually COMPETE or just enjoy it as a minor side-event, or anywhere inbetween.

Well done Pimpy

DeletedUser

@Lisica

Please make sure any further comments do not break the rule:

Many people spent many hours trying to help the players caught up in this unfortunate bug, and thank you to them. It is not helpful or constructive to pour salt into the wound.
Apologies, Dizzy Lizzie, I realise that I quoted the whole of Lelanya's post by mistake instead of just the part I meant to as seen below:

...and oh look! Is that three 1st place finishes in a row?
Which, I for one, don't care about due to the bragging rights yet again in an event (FA is an event as it isn't on regularly) which only favours higher ranking fellowships who could be bothered to do it.

Timneh

Artisan
People have different opinions about things and that is their right, after all the world would be a boring place if everyone thought the same things but my opinion is that coming top in any kind of event( like a fellowship adventure) in an online game is not really anything to be bragging about, it has no meaning in real life. I prefer to think back to when i was part of a team that was involved in a project that actually saved lives of armed forces personnel. Because of what we did people got to return home to family and loved ones from Iraq and afghanistan. That was real teamwork and organisation. We got a letter of thanks for what we did from the government and to me that is something i was and always will be very proud of. NOTHING in this game will ever be as important as that. That is my opinion and like i said everyone is entitled to their own and they will not all be the same.

Edit: To keep this post on topic would the devs PLEASE not introduce any more new badges until a work around of the massive amount of clicking is found.

Last edited:

Aisling1

Conjurer
At first I loved the idea of the Fellowship Adventures. It was exciting for everyone, players were working together and it was a challenge despite the poor rewards (compared to the amounts of effort it required.) It was fun. At first.

Now? Especially when the last one finished just recently? I’m completely and utterly burnt out. My own personal enthusiasm for the FSAs just keeps dying each time it comes back, especially with the increasing layers of difficulty, more complexity (some of you may feel I am exaggerating here, perhaps I am) and the short amount of respite we get in between to recover, appears to be getting shorter and shorter.

I was pretty lucky for most of the other FSAs, I was often near or at the end of a chapter, enabling me to take advantage of the settlements space to create an army of workshops and T1 manufactures. This time, I was unlucky with it happening again so soon and I am midway through the Halflings chapter. This could possibly be the main reason why I feel so much more down on this FSA this time round...With the “luxury” of having all those extra workshops and T1 manufacturies I felt a responsibility to try and do as much as I could to help FS through, to take on as much pressure as I could and mass produce as many badges as I could. And each time, I suppose I died a little each time. Sorry, couldn’t think of a better phrase... I even contemplated throwing the towel in and giving up with the game completely several times. But it is my FS that makes me want to keep going. (Same as Aisling - Hi Aisling!)

The only real prize in my opinion is the FS ranking points. Besides the possible increase in activity or interactions between FS members - but this feels forced, and I’d rather this was voluntary.

Also apologies if my post doesn’t make sense, typing while at work and I’ve lost count how many times I left and came back to type more! I did try to read over what I wrote...

TLDR? Too frequent, burnt out, weak incentive to participate.
Don't you dare bug out on me Nymis! WE NEED YOU :)

Jackluyt

Shaman
A new Fellowship Adventure is upon us – on Thursday 24th May 2018.
Here is a look at the structure of the Event, and an introduction to our Adventure Note with strategy tips.

Please give it a Like and Subscribe on YouTube, if you want to be notified when we post more News videos!
:)

Here is a link to out previous F A video, with a game-play overview:

Here is the link to our EPL Adventure Note: https://bit.ly/2k6oeZN

Here is the link to Elvenar Platinum Leaf on Facebook: http://bit.ly/2qrUhpy

m4rt1n

Adept
Just as I have my camping gear packed for a spring break week away with my son, but enjoy the adventure guys, I will enjoy mine. :)

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I'm waiting to see it open on here before I say much more than....

if the goods, relics and orcs donations appear ... our fellowships not going to do much if anything

the prizes I saw on the beta are pretty and better than the last fa for stage ends but ... tltl

Killiak

Artisan
The rewards for map 1 and 2 aren't that bad, though personally I would have preferred instants since I have no use for culture buildings. Not that bad, but nowhere close to "great".
That said, the rewards of map 3 are unimpressive to say the least. A single 20h booster and some really crummy hybrid buildings (which recently got nerfed).

Seriously, hardly an incentive to spend 6 days of hard effort on.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
clear all stages and win exciting rewards.... 2 buildings for 32/59 pop and 32/59 culture!!! thats the third chest for our fellowship. certainly not worth the waste of time and resources required. :(

Deleted User - 182073

I don't understand the relic and resource requirements. For badges, I keep whatever was earned in gaining the badge - do the relics and resources work the same way, or do I lose them to the tournament?

Deleted User - 182073

Thanks for the info Cerebros. I can't see how this form of a tournament would serve any fellowship having smaller memberships or a fellowship with a lot of members having smaller holdings. If I work hard to gain relics and resources, I don't want to give them away on the slim chance of winning something I may never use or need let alone have room for. This tournament seems to be made for the well-established groups who usually win anyway, not for us average blokes who can't afford to throw diamonds at anything we want.