• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Farming of Gamers

Se7en69

Alchemist
Dear developers

I have been happily playing this game for some time now and running a successful fellowship. I have over the greater past few months seen a disturbing trend happening and I am strongly suspecting that you are starting to farm off of your gamers. We all make a living (and I do believe you guys too). But dont kill your clients (us gamers). We constantly see you changing game rules and making it all the more difficult and at the same time see your adds for purchasing your diamonds and goodies. Most of us are playing this game knowing very well that you also need to make something out of this all, but please dont kill us in the process and make everything just become unpleasant. We are here for relaxation and if you continue to hit us in this way, sorry to say it, but your game will see a mass exodus and you will have to close your shop or make another game.
We used to have fun in the game, but lately its just another grind and the chats in the team are all about all the unfairness.
I hope these words will fall on good ground. Please stop choking your players.

Regards
Se7en69

m4rt1n

Adept
Hi @Se7en69 I have to say that I play this game for free and earn around 2000-3000 diamonds a month for free from just playing the game, spire and genies, plus crafting.

I have made the very occasional purchase if I like the extra rewards, but other than that play for free.

It isn't unfair that some players decide to spend large amounts, someone has to pay the wages of the company, I don't mind if some players have paid to get a bigger city or higher ranking, in fact I thank them for spending so that many of us don't have to.

Just ignore the offers, no one is forcing money off you and carry on playing in relaxation for free.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Dear developers

I have been happily playing this game for some time now and running a successful fellowship. I have over the greater past few months seen a disturbing trend happening and I am strongly suspecting that you are starting to farm off of your gamers. We all make a living (and I do believe you guys too). But dont kill your clients (us gamers). We constantly see you changing game rules and making it all the more difficult and at the same time see your adds for purchasing your diamonds and goodies. Most of us are playing this game knowing very well that you also need to make something out of this all, but please dont kill us in the process and make everything just become unpleasant. We are here for relaxation and if you continue to hit us in this way, sorry to say it, but your game will see a mass exodus and you will have to close your shop or make another game.
We used to have fun in the game, but lately its just another grind and the chats in the team are all about all the unfairness.
I hope these words will fall on good ground. Please stop choking your players.

Regards
Se7en69

You can just focus on the things that you enjoy and ignore the rest, don't spoil it for yourself by doing things that you don't like. We're all different and enjoy different things, what you don't like, other people do like. The game has enough data to see what is popular or not.
And of course, if you have an idea how to improve things or specifics on what you don't like, please share it to improve the game for yourself and others.

Se7en69

Alchemist
I think you guys missed the important part. It's about the game changes made that are choking the players. There are many things Im missing in the game, and also many good things that could have been in the game but not implemented. The frequency of FA is just crazy too. Comparing to how it used to be. I have players telling me they thinking of quitting the game because the game becoming a grind and no longer the fun relaxing environment. Even I know because I can feel it too, but I still love this game. But others might just leave. And that is why I posted this, in the hope that the developer can save this game from running dry eventually. About offers, I do take them regularly. I was merely saying that the amount of offers looks like a company desperately trying to desperately trying to stay afloat...forcing players by making the game difficult and having offers on standby at the right timings. Any businessman knows this tactics

SkyRider99

Immortal
The frequency of FA is just crazy too. Comparing to how it used to be. I have players telling me they thinking of quitting the game because the game becoming a grind and no longer the fun relaxing environment.
It may help to remember that FAs are not compulsory. Certainly the 'prizes' are not anything to lust after.

Tournaments and Spires can become a self-inflicted grind if one becomes overly obsessed.

None of these activities prevent a player from having fun with the basic game though. :cool:

m4rt1n

Adept
It may help to remember that FAs are not compulsory. Certainly the 'prizes' are not anything to lust after.

Tournaments and Spires can become a self-inflicted grind if one becomes overly obsessed.

None of these activities prevent a player from having fun with the basic game though. :cool:

Agreed, all in the game is optional, no need to participate in any extra activities and offers are welcome by some, some of the time and others when they suit them, play at your pace @Se7en69 and take part in the aspects of the game you enjoy, ignore the other aspects, ranking is just a number.

Se7en69

Alchemist
Still not getting the point? How about this one?
41. scout 1 province or research 1 technology also use 4-5 enchantments of your choice

SkyRider99

Immortal
Do, or not do. There is no try.

1680776832409.png

Sir Derf

Adept
Still not getting the point? How about this one?
41. scout 1 province or research 1 technology also use 4-5 enchantments of your choice
Obviously, if you feel the game is becoming too difficult, you need only use 4 enchantments, not 5. ;)

So, I did a quick check going back through all 2023 and 2022 events on iDavis, and a Quest that includes Scout OR Research was only present in this and the previous Event (The Great Excavation Quest 43); it was not in the earlier Events including the previous Phoenix or Archeology Event.

And?

You think there are aspects of the game that are getting more difficult? What are you asking for? What is the alternative? An unchanging game? A game where all the changes are objectively easier and easier?

Killiak

Artisan
Se7en69 is correct though.

Inno has greatly ramped up the montization of the game, increasing the FOMO element, and has been increasing costs. You can just tell them to 'ignore the offers', but that does not invalidate their observation in any way.

Jake65

Sage
I'd be interested to see the ratio of paying players to freeloaders (like myself).
For me, the 'offers' serve as a reminder that someone else is paying so that I can play.
I'm eternally grateful that we don't have pop-up ads in game (@Mods this is NOT a suggestion :D )

Jake65

Sage
"Ok Google, set a reminder for 10 am, 26th April, 2027..."
I have a sneaky suspicion that at that time on that day you're going to prod me for an answer.....