• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Entire city/world jumps or flashes

Aureliae

Seeker
Game version: __ v1.1.8-(3279cc5) (2016-03-15 13:48)
Game world: __ Winyandor (has happened twice in Arendyll, but it mainly happens in Winyandor)
Browser + version: __ Google Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87 m
Flash Player version: __ 21.0.0.182
Operating System: __ Windows 10
Screen resolution: __ 1366x768 ?
Account name: __ Aureliae
Humans or Elves: __ Elves

Reproducibility: 4/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
Most of the time, but not always, when I log in to the game, the entire city and world view are jumping or flashing. It is not rhythmic (as in it is not keeping time - the jumps are random) or complete - in particular the buildings seem to jump all the time, but the Ancient Wonder additions to the mountains behind the city don't always jump, sometimes the top jumps off the cyclones but the base stays behind.

Graphics DO NOT jump when visiting other players cities.

Expected situation:
A smooth graphics experience?

Reproduction Steps:
1. No specific reproduction steps, it just is or isn't when you log in. Sometimes can be fixed merely by logging out and back in.

Screenshots of the bug:
Difficult to get screenshots of a jump, I tried but they just look like shots of the city. Sorry.

DeletedUser1316

Thank you for reporting this issue, Aureliae!

We will certainly try to catch this in the act and get a cause. :)

Aureliae

Seeker
Thanks Marindor - Possibly, although that report indicated the issue was related to zoom - mine definitely wasn't, which is why I posted the bug separately.

Single tab does not remove the problem, but have not encountered the issue in Edge. Couldn't check with Firefox, kept getting an error that there was 'no player with this name' when I tried to log in... Thanks for the info.

DeletedUser2552

I have the same issue. It happens always in Chrome but not in Firefox. The more buildings in a city the more frequent and intense the 'jumping' is. Changing the graphics settings to low has made them less intense and less frequent. Same issue when visiting other cities.

Game version: v1.15.13-(186b729) (2016-10-12 10:51)
Game world: Arendyll and Winyandor
Browser + version: Coogle Chrome 53.0.2785.143 m
Flash Player version: 23,0,0,185
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1680 x 1050
Account name: Agent Holly Short
Humans or Elves: Elves
Reproducibility:5/5