• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

ElvenStats website - stats, ladders, and more

Paladestar

Enchanter
Site very slow for others last couple of days? Like when searching and after selecting a result to view. Requests taking multiple minutes to complete.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Same story here, for the past couple of days or so. According to domain status sites such as https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ , the primary domain https://www.elvenstats.com/ and a couple of its usually static and non-updating pages are still functional, such as the Home page and FAQ page, which is the case for me even after forcing a browser refresh (so these specific pages can't simply be cached in my browser; they really are working).

However, the three main pages on ElvenStats which I expect most of us check the most often (Fellowships, Players, and Tournaments) are all NOT working, and are instead returning a 502 error and refusing to connect. These are all non-static, constantly updating pages which pull their data from the InnoGames servers, and because a 502 error typically indicates either a proxy server or a DNS server error, it seems that the ElvenStats and InnoGames servers are having some kind of problem communicating with each other at the moment - although of course only the techies at those sites would know what the problem might be. I did check the ElvenStats 'Known Issues' list, but there are no entries there after the end of 2019.

Thinking about it now, I wonder if the ElvenStats site creator/owner is even aware of the problem...? He's usually quick to fix any errors, or at least to add them to 'Known Issues'. I know that he has an ID here on the InnoGames Forums, and I've seen a few of his (uncommon) posts, but unfortunately I can't remember his ID. Does anyone else know? If so, maybe someone could send him a private message, in the hope that he might have time to let us know what's wrong with ElvenStats? Just a suggestion, of course - I'm naturally not advocating spamming the long-suffering chap with messages... he does enough free work on our behalf as it is! :)

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I have messaged their last known game name (Baralinka) but I suspect they aren't actively playing it. Perhaps they are on holiday or busy irl.

As Laurelin said .. its a free service provided so its hard to say anything other than it was very useful and I hope it's back soon

DeletedUser5037

There's a post from "elvenstats" on page 1 of this very thread saying they are the creator of the site.
Maybe it would be an idea to PM them? No?

Deleted User - 1759805

These are all non-static, constantly updating pages which pull their data from the InnoGames servers, and because a 502 error typically indicates either a proxy server or a DNS server error, it seems that the ElvenStats and InnoGames servers are having some kind of problem communicating with each other at the moment - although of course only the techies at those sites would know what the problem might be.
ES frontend doesn't pull any data from InnoGames servers directly - it just pulls data collected by their in-game bots. So the problem is most likely on ES backend, and unlikely has anything to do with InnoGames.

Gargon667

Mentor
keep trying, but only once at a time. Then try again a couple hours later (when servers are less busy) It still works :) Just not all the time...

Vishar

Alchemist
Is the Elvenstats Website down? I've been trying over a period of several hours (Firefox/Chrome)

Avaline

Alchemist
Is the Elvenstats Website down? I've been trying over a period of several hours (Firefox/Chrome)
Yes it is unfortunatelly.. Hope it will get fixed soon

Last edited:

Lymhir

Spellcaster
The elvenstats domain expired today, that's the real reason for the disruption. :-(

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
The elvenstats domain expired today, that's the real reason for the disruption. :-(
Far as I can determine the domain doesn't expire until 12-12-2023.

Lymhir

Spellcaster
Yes, you're right I had read it wrong, it was a DNS level mess that is now back in.
On the other hand now nothing works with IP anymore either, it gives the following error:
Request failed with status code 504