• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Dwarven resources

Deleted User - 106219

Upgrading the Granite Mine also increases how many hours it takes to produce the max amount of Granite. In other words how many hours you can be away without losing any Granite. Just like the Coins produced by Residences.

DeletedUser1829

Upgrading granite mines also need to factor in your playtime and how long the granite queues up for. If you log every 9 hrs or so a level 3 mine that caps out after 6 hours may not be as beneficial as one that queues for 8hrs and this will impact calculations for each individual. If you play every 5/6 hrs again the calculations will vary.

The 2:1 ratio is a pretty good rule of thumb

DeletedUser

After all this discussion, I think I would have been better off with a simple rule to follow, that may not have been the most efficient, but was the easiest to follow.

For the average player who doesn't log in too often and doesn't farm KP's, get 10 granite and 5 copper, upgrade as fast as possible, including the portal. Once stuck, save for the tech, then repeat. If you get KP's, go for 12/6.

I figure never saving for a tech will allow for more upgrades sooner and less chance of getting stuck later, plus less time stuck. I think I might try this way when I get to Fairies... or start another thread on it like this! :D

DeletedUser1925

If you have space. Is not worth to upgrade granite past L2 and not upgrade copper at all.
You would need about 30x granite mines L2 and about 15x Copper foundry L1
It really depends how much KPs you gain in 24h.

DeletedUser2734

Here's the optimal path through the Dwarves chapter, divided in two parts:
Part 1: Advanced Scouts -> Dwarven Portal and Portal Tracks (order irrelevant) -> Granite Mine -> upgrade all to level 2 while researching Dwarven Residences -> Planks, Marble and Steel (order irrelevant) -> Copper Foundry -> begin upgrading Granite Mines and Portal to level 4. This should take priority over unlocking techs.

This leaves you with the following techs that do not require Dwarven resources: City Expansion 21, Squad Size Upgrade 16 -> City Expansion 22, City Expansion 23 (comes after Granite Mine but does not require Granite). All of them are not essensial and can be left for later, so best to work on them while upgrading your mines.

Part 2:
- Dwarven Workshop -> Dwarven Barracks. If you don't have enough Granite for Barracks - work on one of the above techs
- After that Sword Dancer/Axe Barbarian Promotion and Ancient Grounds (order depends on which one you need more) -> Dwarven Main Hall
- next you can work on three techs that all require Copper but no Granite. If you are low on Copper - work on one of the above techs or on Squad size Upgrade 17, else work on one of those techs while waiting for Granite
- next Dwarven Style Street and Dwarven Style Armory (again the order depends on your preferences and what you need) and following techs
- Dwarven Ancient Wonders

There are three spots where you can get stuck if you don't have enough Granite Mines and Copper Foundries, or if you get too many KPs from tournaments: "Tavern and Temple", "Golem/Paladin Promotion" and "Dwarven Ancient Wonders" (in other words the three most expensive techs). I have finished the Dwarves chapter in both worlds following the above path through the tech tree and I got stuck on the AW tech because of getting too many KPs from tournaments, but that's the only place where I got stuck for more than a few hours.

Great info ShadowblaCK, & Thank you for it!
I may put it on the newer thread regarding the Going into Dwarves advice, if you don't mind? ! :)