• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Dwarfs to Fairies

Advaita

Seeker
I am about to move on from Dwarfs to Fairies and looking for hints and tips!

How many day / night farms are optimal. Anything I should or shouldn't do, or look out for/plan for?

Any advice appreciated =)

Deleted User - 106219

7 Day/5 Night worked for me.

Things to remember:
- producing Ambrosia requires a resource produced at the NIGHT farm
- producing Night Essense requires a resource produced at the DAY farm and a resource produced at the Night farm
- you can store only a limited amount of Ambrosia and Night Essense - check your portal for the exact capacity. If you don't have the space top store what you have prodiced you will need to either discard the production or wait until you have available storage
- researching "Trees and Lampions" is a waste of time and KPs
- above all else, upgrade your farms and portal as quickly as you can

Advaita

Seeker
Thanks shadowblack, nice city you have there.

With dwarfs I didn't have enough granite mines or prioritised upgrading them quickly, hope to not make that mistake again. It is useful to have AW's to dump KP's in when you get stuck on the knowledge tree due to upgrading portal and farms.

Good tip about the trees and lampions - I see it can be skipped =)

DeletedUser1829

3 night and 4 day is sufficient all at level 4. I have done this on several towns. Throw in 1 extra night and 1 or 2 extra day if you really want to but they will sit idle for a good amount of time, don't bother leveling any farms beyond the 3 night and 4 day.
Strategies, many are similar to dwarf era:
- Go straight for farms and skip non-necessary techs to get there
- upgrade portal and farms asap. special resources for techs cannot be stored until portal is leveled up
- focus on techs that require unique resources so you can unlock them and keep the farms working
- upgrading workshops early can be helpful as fairies love to use supplies. A spell on workshops once upgraded can be nice to replenish
- It is possible to get pond of recreation while 1/2 the tech tree remains, can be nice to get the culture boost. Plus the other side of tech tree is merc camp which doesn't have units that can be used yet.

Advaita

Seeker
Thanks Mykan that is very helpful.
I do enjoy figuring things out for myself but it is good to have some starter tips from those who have gone before =)

DeletedUser1466

What about mine and copper? Should i destroy all these buildings when i entered to Fairy to free space in town?

DeletedUser1829

You can delete those once you have done your techs and roads. Roads can be good to do after techs if your not desperate for culture as there is usually time while researching scouts and such. The only use of those buildings is quests (if not done already) or to get resource for dwarf roads prior to fairy roads.

You can also delete the portal but there is a quest for that which you may wish to do. It can be declined if the portal is already deleted.

DeletedUser

Not really necro-posting, is it clear/easy to know which resources you should concentrate on? Or is it just a matter of looking at what the next tech needs and just making that?
Ok, so it does not seem too complex. You need only the top ones for techs and the others for upgrades, so if I was to use my Dwarven strategy, I would only make Ambrosia and night essence once I needed them to move on, otherwise making the upgrade stuff.

DeletedUser1829

Fairies is pretty straight forward. Focus on upgrades then focus on ambrosia and night essence. I have found 4 day and 3 night works well although they will sit idle on occasion. I am testing 3 day and 2 night farms at the moment.

DeletedUser

Fairies is pretty straight forward. Focus on upgrades then focus on ambrosia and night essence. I have found 4 day and 3 night works well although they will sit idle on occasion. I am testing 3 day and 2 night farms at the moment.

I think I will have space for 5/4 and will go for that. I am less concerned with them sitting idle than I am with getting stuck in the tech tree.

Plus, I am skipping dwarf streets, so I may go straight to blossom streets, which will require a lot of materials.

Deleted User - 106219

I did it with 7/5 and never got stuck. Just remember to upgrade Day Farms followed by the Portal as quickly as possible. Also remember that initially the Portal can NOT store Ambrosia and Night Essense and needs to be upgraded first.

DeletedUser1829

Never got stuck with 4/3. I went for portal first then farm although leveling day farms and portal at the same time works too. Night farms can be done last.

The tech tree has 2 distinct branches I always liked going for the branch near the bottom as you get to the factories and ponds quickly.

DeletedUser1925

Never got stuck with 4/3. I went for portal first then farm although leveling day farms and portal at the same time works too. Night farms can be done last.

The tech tree has 2 distinct branches I always liked going for the branch near the bottom as you get to the factories and ponds quickly.
How many KPs did you gain in 24h? And how much from gained KPs did you spend on AWs?

DeletedUser1829

How many KPs did you gain in 24h? And how much from gained KPs did you spend on AWs?
Sadly you are testing my memory too much as it was a considerable time ago and I have multiple towns with various approaches. I did not focus on AW prior to completing the tech tree for fairy era (orcs did not exist then). It is however possible that some KP was diverted to earlier enforced techs (like wonders or MA) during my time in that era but I can't recall exactly how many.

As to KP per 24hrs again I couldn't tell you exactly other then 20-24KP

DeletedUser1925

Sadly you are testing my memory too much as it was a considerable time ago and I have multiple towns with various approaches. I did not focus on AW prior to completing the tech tree for fairy era (orcs did not exist then). It is however possible that some KP was diverted to earlier enforced techs (like wonders or MA) during my time in that era but I can't recall exactly how many.

As to KP per 24hrs again I couldn't tell you exactly other then 20-24KP

Thanks.

DeletedUser

Bumping this up, as it has useful information.
Despite the reasonably reliable info an needing less than 7 day/5 night, I think I will go for that, as I have a LOT of paths to upgrade. Like all of them, some from the first path... I am interested that someone said their farms could sit idle, how is that possible? I can see it if you can't store any of the high level stuff, but wouldn't you produce the lower level stuff as stock for when you needed it, or make paths?

DeletedUser1345

Someone may have said this already, but it's useful to know that even after you delete the Dwarf Portal and replace it with the Fairy Portal, any granite & copper you may have stored will still be available to you ( for building Dwarf roads ) - you just won't be able to produce any more.

DeletedUser

Now all I need to know is how to deal with the 2 weeks of boredom getting the portal/farms...

DeletedUser1900

I am about to move on from Dwarfs to Fairies and looking for hints and tips!

How many day / night farms are optimal. Anything I should or shouldn't do, or look out for/plan for?

Any advice appreciated =)