• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Disappearing tasks and game crashing

LadyTatters

Seeker
Hi folks! I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with a couple things.
1. Tasks set do not always stay set. Example: Last night before bed I set my workshops and manu's to a 9 hour production. Just now checking and the workshops are not set at all. So wasted all that time and I needed the supplies desperately. This has happened many times. Mostly on Manu's but sometimes on workshops.

2. Game crashing when I am doing help rounds. It seems the bigger the villages the more it crashes. I have a very hard time getting thru the first page of my FS when doing my help visits. This makes it extremely time consuming and frustrating. I use internet explorer and it was suggested that I use another but IE is what I use on my computer and I'm not too fond of changing that. I don't understand why IE would not be compatible?
It's reaching the point of ridiculous now.. I crash after almost every visit on the first page of our FS. And when I don't crash, the villages do not rez.. so I am just looking at a green field with hands scattered around. In which case I have to go to each hand and look for the right one to help. Another time consuming thing.
Any ideas or fixes I can do for these two issues?

KermitsDad

Alchemist
As Windows 10 computers no longer have Internet Explorer and have Microsoft Edge browser instead, I'm guessing your PC is not a recent one.
It might be struggling with insufficient memory but without knowing it's specification we can only guess.

Are you able to post back with some details of the PC such as: Desktop or laptop, Operating system & 64 or 32 bit, Processor speed, amount of RAM memory ?

You can find this information by right clicking the My Computer or This PC icon & choosing properties in the menu.

LadyTatters

Seeker
As Windows 10 computers no longer have Internet Explorer and have Microsoft Edge browser instead, I'm guessing your PC is not a recent one.
It might be struggling with insufficient memory but without knowing it's specification we can only guess.

Are you able to post back with some details of the PC such as: Desktop or laptop, Operating system & 64 or 32 bit, Processor speed, amount of RAM memory ?

You can find this information by right clicking the My Computer or This PC icon & choosing properties in the menu.
It is a very new desktop with windows 10. I greatly dislike edge so I use I.E. instead. I will get you the stats tomorrow when I am back on. I can tell you that I built this computer and it's my gaming computer so elvenar should be a cake walk for it.

DeletedUser3097

Hi @LadyTatters,

Try this to help with your visits:

Change the resolution for visits:
grey cog, lower right corner, next cog, game graphics set to low while visiting

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
check you disk with chkdsk... you can also have a failing memory or perhaps did you "tuned" it ? like overclocking ? How many RAM do you have ? did you monitor your CPUs temp and fans work with a program like SpeedFan ? Did you check your memories with a mother board built-in tool or another program that you can find on the net ?

Last edited:

LadyTatters

Seeker
I appreciate all the feedback.. I did lower the graphics settings which does help some. But I still crash. As far as my computer goes.. this is a new computer that was built specifically for gaming. I play Rust, Playerunknown's Battleground, The Long Dark and many other high demand games with NO issues. I do not understand why this is happening but it makes game play unpleasant. It is primarily with the largest villages. Even with the graphics set to the lowest setting it crashes less, but still crashes. I think this is a game issue.. not an issue with my computer. There is also the problem with set tasks becoming unset. I set nightly tasks and when I log in in the morning.. it's as if I never set them. This happens now and then. Not daily. But I lose that production time. Bugs, it seems, that should be addressed.. I was very curious if anyone else is experiencing these two problems. Love the game.. Been at it nearly 2 years or more I think...

DeletedUser3324

I had a couple of crashes using microsoft edge as my browser so I changed to google chrome and have had no trouble since. Maybe this would work for you.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I don't know for the set tasks but your computer working well with 3D (i suppose) games and poorly crashing with big cities in the game seeems to me a problem with flashplayer managing of the memory... I don't know if it helps but using a 32bits browser seems better with flash... I also have, no crash, but slowlyness each time I'm visiting a big city myself and I already found no solution to it...