• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Diamonds, diamonds when are we going to get them for free ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1135
  • Start date

Deleted User - 13667

@ s5carrot you just don't know when to stop, you go on and on making a drama out of this and throwing negative comments at me :(
How does one get rid of you in real life ? :(

When you learn to apologise, quit acting victim and be constructive in the forums. :rolleyes:
I do not take like to be accused.

And most importantly, respect of other players. Here, players are equal. No special treatment.

This isn't FOE, why insist on making it exactly like other games you play? whats the point in playing if they are all clones because at that point if you've played one you have played them all.

There should be a rule actually that no one can argue that a change should be implemented on this game just because it is implemented on another game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser289

Carrot, your reply to his first post was "Shape up or ship out". There was no need to make a comment like that. Maybe you should apologise first?

Deleted User - 13667

Carrot, your reply to his first post was "Shape up or ship out". There was no need to make a comment like that. Maybe you should apologise first?

The comment stands. What is point of complaining how the situation is without any constructive answer? If he felt so dissatisfied about the game and how great FOE is, he needs to pick up his act or move on.

DeletedUser289

He made a constructive suggestion in that very first post, that you replied to. If anything, it's your reply that wasn't constructive. FOE wasn't mentioned until later in the topic. :)

DeletedUser1316

*cough* *cough*

Back to diamonds, diamonds fellows. :)

2. Be polite and constructive
Please help us keeping harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully, do not insult anyone and remain polite.

Deleted User - 13667

Yes when ?
The sixth section of the game ( Dwarves ) was created for you to spend mega bucks buying diamonds to be able to progress. I've been sitting on the Dwarven Style Armory research for 2 weeks now, do you know how demoralizing this is ?
It's so frustrating that I've been playing for about 8 months and not a single quest to give you diamonds. There is nothing like a random prize where a few diamonds would be offered every now and then.
I think it's about time something exciting and rewarding is introduced to the game.
Carlos

@quicksilver
at the very first post, he is asking for free diamonds because he felt bored. Nothing constructive here.
Thinking something to be introduced with no idea suggested is not constructive as well.

Doesn't this happen to everyone at the advance stage? Just because he complained about it and it is constructive? So he deserves a pat on the back with FREE diamonds just for complaining?

My answer is constructive to him. Either he find something else to do as most of us are doing or leave. Complaining is not constructive.

Constructive would be along providing an actual idea how it may be implemented, what can be done. Not simply saying free diamonds quests are so rewarding.

8 mths into a game, did he missed out on the diamonds contest here in the forums? You work for your reward. Not demand it for doing nothing and playing victim.

Since you think his first post is constructive, then my original reply is correct. :D it is So Constructive to complain and demand for free diamonds.

DeletedUser289

He made the suggestion of random quest rewards that included diamonds. You were impolite in your reply to him and I'm not the only one that commented on that. Mindful of what the forum mod wrote above, I'm out of this thread now. :)

Deleted User - 13667

@quicksilver
You need to read his post.

His post is demanding quests giving free diamonds. not random quest rewards. There are repetitive quests.

DeletedUser

I do feel the need to correct you there s5carrot, as cfpedro's first post clearly stated:
It's so frustrating that I've been playing for about 8 months and not a single quest to give you diamonds. There is nothing like a random prize where a few diamonds would be offered every now and then.

I'm certain cfpedro had no intention of having a repeatable quest giving diamonds or any other form of exploitable/simple means to acquire them. He'd just like to see a a few diamonds rewarded somewhere within the main (story) questline. View it like unlocking an achievement for having progressed through the story up to that point, or whatever other reason you'd prefer. It's certainly not an unreasonable request, even if I do personally disagree with it being necessary.

DeletedUser1295

ahumzz...
Could we all pls stick to the topic instead of accusing each other of whether or not someone was demanding or requesting diamond quests? :rolleyes:

As I remember the initial question comes down to:
Will we get quests in this game that will be rewarded with some free diamonds?
Since I have no crystal ball predicting what kind of rewards will be added in the game in the future, I cannot answer that question... no one can at this moment. However: we regularly have competitions where any player can win diamonds :)

Once again I would like to remind all of you partaking in this discussion to stick to the topic.... !!!!

I would very much dislike to start deleting off-topic answers or even close this topic :eek:

P.S. Anyone is free to contribute his/her opinion as to whether in-game quests with a diamond reward could be an extra encouragement. I am sure many will like to voice their opinion about this... so speak up :)

Deleted User - 13667

To date, cfpedro has neither elaborated on his "constructive" post. Apart from several who are insisting post of such nature is constructive when there is no clear idea how to provide free diamonds in-game apart some random quest.

Was it ever stated it is repetitive or not? Nothing posted. I assumed it to be as such for the quests in the game are so for the most part of it. Mandatory quests are normally not in nature.

Does this random quest indicate what kind of quest warrants free diamonds? Nothing yet again

Does the first post indicate when and how should there be such a quest in the game? Nothing

The "who, what, when,where,why and how" of an idea remains an absolute blur for the first post of this thread with several comments insisting such posts to be constructive is very nonconstructive. Mind you, the post started off full of complaints.

I gave my answer : There are free diamond events. Simply complaining how boring he is feeling is more than just insensitive to other players who have played just as long if not longer.

And here I repeat my answer yet again: simply saying there should be some kind of a quest that gives free diamonds is not constructive. Merely saying there should be some quest for this neither provides the solution nor the implementation.

You want to propose an idea there is a part on this forum to do so. Even if it is being posted here the idea has to be clear.

It is as good as saying this at the airport, "taking the ship from Singapore to China is way too long and boring. There is nothing like a transport that can get there faster".

Without even giving a proper idea nor thinking this through is not constructive at all in nature thus making this thread a complaint thread.

DeletedUser

My opinion on this matter is that since Elvenar is currently playable without diamonds, adding free ones would probably push the game more in a pay to win direction, since players need an incentive to spend money on the game. Getting free currency does not automatically mean non cashers are in a better position. Hence, I don't think adding free diamonds has any purpose beyond the psychological aspect that people like to get things free and that that may make them more likely to spend real money, but at the same time, people in general do not spend real money if it doesn't get them any advantage, so the devs have to find a balance between making people gleeful about freebies and still ensuring there is enough incentive for them to spend the money required to keep the game profitable.

DeletedUser1316

@cfpedro would you care to edit your OP to answer some of the questions brought up in this thread? I would really like to move it to the ideas section, if we can get a foundation of the idea. :)

Thanks guys for raising the questions above, all of which will help get a solid suggestion going. :)

Deleted User - 13667

It would be more interesting to improve gameplay and reduce bugs rather than continue to pile up debugging. Diamonds or not are irrelevant to the enjoyment of the game

DeletedUser1316

Hi s5 -

Thank you, your feedback has been noted in your previous posts. :)

I would still like to see this brought to the ideas section though if the OP feels up to it.

DeletedUser289

Does this random quest indicate what kind of quest warrants free diamonds? Nothing yet again

The OP said 'random prize' not random quest. There is a world of difference.

I would still like to see this brought to the ideas section though if the OP feels up to it.

Would you bother if you'd been at the receiving end of some of the posts here, Aider?

Deleted User - 13667

The OP said 'random prize' not random quest. There is a world of difference.
Random prize from what sort of quest? With nothing conclusive posted in the OP, it would be anybody's interpretation.

Had he actually bothered, this thread might actually be interesting to read. :rolleyes:

Im the one on the receiving end here but I bite back

DeletedUser

While seeking out hearts, I stumbled upon this thread here: Diamonds

It already gained some support, but hasn't been touched upon since November. Maybe some feel to revive it?

DeletedUser1316

While seeking out hearts, I stumbled upon this thread here: Diamonds

It already gained some support, but hasn't been touched upon since November. Maybe some feel to revive it?

Hi Valerius -

I did see that thread a while back but noticed it was for neighborly help. :/

Maybe something can be brought up in the future for quests. :)