• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Diamonds, diamonds when are we going to get them for free ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1135
  • Start date

DeletedUser

What is the difference between getting them for neighbourly help or quests? It's not like the quests are more challenging to complete. Of course, if they introduced achievements it would be another matter.

People have in the past suggested login bonuses. Personally I think random small amounts of diamonds or set small amounts for completing neighbourly help make more sense than rewarding people simply for logging in. I'm thinking stuff like, visit all of your fellows x days in a row, or visit x no of neighbours x days in a row, etc. Needn't be diamonds, but rewarding neighbourly help in that way might encourage people to take the boredom upon themselves with less reluctance. I'd actually prefer if it wasn't diamonds (relics? rune shards? goods? army units? temporary boosts?), since my experiences with free in game currencies are not particularly positive anyway :D

DeletedUser

@Aider

You'e right that the OP in that idea thread I linked had suggested receiving diamonds as a reward for NH, however my understanding was that it was just an example for "a way to earn diamonds without paying cash for them." The thread quickly developed into a discussion mentioning the acquisition of diamonds through other means such as quests and the last post reads:
I wasn't insisting on it being something simple, just some method to get a few diamonds without purchasing them would improve the game for a lot of people, and if it also meant that to get the diamonds you had to be proven to be helping other players routinely it could only improve things for everyone.

Considering that thread already has/had some positive feedback from the community, I figured it would be a good place to continue any suggestions made here. Just my thoughts on the subject though.

By all means, I have nothing against someone posting a new thread with a structured concept of how diamonds could be awarded in-game.

~ Valerius

P.S.: You just want cfpedro (or even someone else) to make use of the template don't you? :D Just kidding of course. :p

Deleted User - 13667

The point is there are lots of people who do not scan the forums for information first before posting anything.

I agree that there are other posts out there providing possible details how and what type of quests could garner diamonds as a reward.

However, this post in particular went off with zero details except a demand of quests to reward diamonds. No other suggestion in the OP whatsoever and yet, has somehow managed to gather sympathizers who cannot explain how "great" the idea was in the OP. And lots of irrelevant posts making all sorts of suggestions with no actual method to move this thread forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rimella

Adventurer
I am dreaming of a Diamond maker, or the possibility of earning diamond as a reward for a stretch of time as a regular Elvenar player (ie 1 diamond a week for every week of 7 daily logins)....

Deleted User - 13667

this is similar to one of the suggestions made in other threads in this forum.

DeletedUser1295

... I agree that there are other posts out there providing possible details how and what type of quests could garner diamonds as a reward. ...

this is similar to one of the suggestions made in other threads in this forum.

@s5carrot: Could you please provide the links for the relevant posts/suggestions you are referring to in your posts that I quoted here? :)

DeletedUser1295

I have moved this thread to the Questions and Help section of our forum, since this section seems more appropriate for an obvious reason:
the initital post simply being a general question ;)

Although I feel that the initial question has been answered I will not close this thread yet.
However: I strongly suggest, that all forum members wanting to contribute to the initial question now start contributing their ideas/suggestions in either a solid new suggestion in the Ideas and Suggestions section OR in this existing thread: Diamonds

Important Note:
For the very last time I kindly request that ALL posters in this thread stick to the forum rules!!
All forum moderators have been very lenient till now, but even our patience has a limit :p
So from now on make sure your answer is:
• on-topic - constructive - polite •

Any posts that do not abide to these simple rules will be deleted and may lead to restricting those who do not stick to the forum rules.

DeletedUser1224

I posted asking for diamonds for regular players and my thread has been linked to this thread - it shouldn't have been because the issues are different and all you've done dear moderator is helped to water something down to a free-for-all where nothing concrete may emerge. Moderators shouldn't be allowed to merge posts without prior consultation. I've read through 3 pages of stuff - personal attacks against the poor soul that started the post ...and I have found that I don't need Valerian to help me sleep any more!

Don't even think about a lengthy reply my way - I'm not interested. :rolleyes: If you don't like what I have to say here - just ignore it ... think of me as a homeless person on the street having a rant - just walk on by.

As a paying player I had access to more expansions ... some extra funky culture items and ... more importantly - extra builders.

All I'm saying is not everyone can afford diamonds - but they should be given an opportunity to get some goodies for being regular loyal players ... because without them - you would have no game - without the game you would have no premium players ...hence no income for development or living costs. Life's a circle - you should always give something to the greater good - unless you're a mean spirited, greedy person of course. :)

Whether you've played without diamonds etc isn't the issue in my particular post.

Rimella's idea is a good one:

I am dreaming of a Diamond maker, or the possibility of earning diamond as a reward for a stretch of time as a regular Elvenar player (ie 1 diamond a week for every week of 7 daily logins)....

It's a small amount but it will give people that can't afford to buy diamonds a little something back.

I like Rimella's idea and would like it put forward for action.

If you support it please say so - if you don't support it - keep your reply brief and don't muddy the waters of this post please - I'm not interested in contributing to your thesis or having the issue sidetracked through pointless deliberation.

+1 here Rimella

Moderators - please would you put Rimella's post as a new thread and rescue it before it drowns in this pointless mire?

Wolf

DeletedUser1316

Hi W0lf -

I think you've misread my post in your thread. Nothing from this thread was merged into your thread. This was simply a discussion that took place a few weeks ago.

The idea I merged into your idea was a similar duplicate idea that was also in the ideas section. ;) Please do message me if you have a question regarding that. I will try to work out what I can. :)

Rimella

Adventurer
Oh my goodness - I had forgotten the forum and I got an email alert about this...
Thank you Wolf, for supporting my dream of having some kind of reward for the regular player.
:)

DeletedUser1224

Hi W0lf -

I think you've misread my post in your thread. Nothing from this thread was merged into your thread. This was simply a discussion that took place a few weeks ago.

The idea I merged into your idea was a similar duplicate idea that was also in the ideas section. ;) Please do message me if you have a question regarding that. I will try to work out what I can. :)

What I would like is for you to action the suggestion by Rimella as stated above and get off the merry-go-round. You guys would make good politicians - all talk, no action. ;)

DeletedUser1224

Oh my goodness - I had forgotten the forum and I got an email alert about this...
Thank you Wolf, for supporting my dream of having some kind of reward for the regular player.
:)

You're welcome Rimella. :)

Please let me know if they do set this forward for action, so I can support the move? Or please set it in motion yourself and let me know? I didn't want to post it for you as you should have the credit for the idea.

Perhaps a moderator or an employee of Inno could help you progress this to the next stage?

Deleted User - 13667

if you want to propose an idea, have the necessary information. Not just post It must be free because you felt bored. That is called lamenting. Totally unconstructive. You will need to read the first post.

Deleted User - 13667

@s5carrot: Could you please provide the links for the relevant posts/suggestions you are referring to in your posts that I quoted here? :)

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/diamond-incentives.2189/page-2#post-14927
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/missions.2111/#post-14186

Compare this thread with the link to the others. Which is simply just asking for freebies? The "poor soul " having to take this mud slinging from demanding to get free or the fool trying to point out that the world is round:rolleyes: getting trolled at by others