• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Clear Fox' cache in 9 clicks...

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
As some could hesitate how to do it correctly...

You have a short way that only clear the cache itself (Thanks to Angua Whisper) here : Clear Fox' cache fast

OR...

Click the menu icone, click on "Options"
Image02.png

Select the "Privacy tab"
Image03.png

Choose "Use custom settings for history"
Image04.png

Be sure "clear history..." is checked... notice it says "when Firefox closes"... :rolleyes:
Image05.png

Click on "Settings"
Image06.png

Only "Cache" really need to be checked generally...
Note : cookies are generally linked to a session, they are generally of no use when you quit Firefox, you can keep them checked - Active logins will keep you logged from a session to the next but that means someone will access your game without logging in... better checked too - Browsing & Download history only needs to be checked if you don't want your kids to know you weren't spending hours looking at nice cars curves... :rolleyes:
Image07.png

Validate your changes with "OK"
Image08.png

Close the options tab
Image09.png

Close Firefox, the cache is cleared...

You can speed up your browsing by unchecking the cache clearing when you will reload with the same steps except you won't close the browser this time... until next bugged upgrade...

Last edited:

DeletedUser441

Thanks for the info :). Many seem to need it , but I've not had any problems :D. (For a change). This makes no sense to me :confused:. How do some have problems since the update and others do not ? o_O

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
It's not the first time we receive the suggestion to clear the cache... perhaps your cache clearing option is already set on so your cache is cleared each time you close your browser... In that case, you load "fresh" files each time and there isn't any mismatch between old and new versions... imo.

It's also possible that because so many people loaded the same files globally at same time, some received damaged files because of a failing spare router somewhere... But that's a 2 pence theory... That kind of trouble is nearly impossible to find, until the router will definitely burn something important.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3366

Funny, I do it another way:

1) On firefox's menu line click open the 'tools' menu
2) In tools menu choose 'Options'. That bring up another page with a menu on left side. Choose 'Advanced'.
3) find the section 'Cashed web content' and click the button 'Clear Now'
4) done.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
You're right, you can do it too through "advanced"/"network"... but you can't choose what you clear there... and on previous versions, you had to click twice on "clear now" for it to work... But that's an other way... ;)

The advantage of this way is that you don't have to quit/reload Firefox...

Last edited: