• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Chapter progress awards of diamonds

cwgiii

Shaman
You couldn't, because you would need 100 worlds to do this, and we only have three on EN server.

So, if I create 1 city on each of the three servers, I can pool diamonds across those three worlds/cities. But, if I create 3 cities on the same world, I cannot pool those diamonds?? If this is the case, I don't get that inconstancy since Inno has pointedly explained that it is perfectly alright to "explore the different races" by creating multiple cities on the same world. Why would I not, then, be able to "pool" diamonds across any of my cities (as many as I wish to create).

Also, you would need to play each of those cities to fairies to get diamonds, so it's a lot of time and effort.
I know (from other forum threads) that there are folks that do this already for "pushing" reasons of KPs and goods (a few blatantly admit to this, probably just to make a point). This policy will just incentivize them more. Again, IMHO.

I think diamonds are pooled to make life easier for the paying customers.
In a way, I can see this logic. It is becoming more and more obvious to me that Inno does cater (bend/interpret/change rules and play structure) to benefit the paying customer. BTW, I do believe that this is totally within their right. However, in a way this does seem to be counter-intuitive as it will actually reduce the need to buy diamonds over time (granted, a minuscule amount compared to those that are already being purchased, but a reduction nonetheless).

I have always looked at any diamonds that I receive as pure gravy. My point is that this policy just seems so contrary to the spirit of the game/rules as a whole.

cwgiii

Shaman
One account can't have 2 cities in the same world, and the ONLY resource shared between worlds is diamonds. And even that is limited by the fact that you need a separate account for each server. So you can't get free diamonds here and use them on the US server (or vice versa).

I am really confused now. So, you can "pool" across different accounts? If each world REQUIRES a different account, then this must be the case to be able to pool across those three individual cities (one on each server that supposedly requires a different account). I was assuming that the system would allow you to create different cities on the same account as long as each city was on a different server, and that was the way the system kept track of the "pool". So, if the system can keep track across different accounts (on different worlds), then why would I not be able to do the same across my theoretical different accounts on the same server. Again, inconsistent logic.

Just for information purposes, I really don't know how all this different world/accounts stuff works because I just have the one city on the one world/server of Arenndyll

Deleted User - 106219

I am really confused now. So, you can "pool" across different accounts? If each world REQUIRES a different account, then this must be the case to be able to pool across those three individual cities (one on each server that supposedly requires a different account). I was assuming that the system would allow you to create different cities on the same account as long as each city was on a different server, and that was the way the system kept track of the "pool". So, if the system can keep track across different accounts (on different worlds), then why would I not be able to do the same across my theoretical different accounts on the same server. Again, inconsistent logic.

Just for information purposes, I really don't know how all this different world/accounts stuff works because I just have the one city on the one world/server of Arenndyll
I tihnk you are confusing the terms.
1) There are multiple servers, for example the International Server (en0.elvenar.com) the US server (us.elvenar.com), Beta (zz.elvenar.com), etc. To play on a particular server you need an account for it - you can't use your account from International on Beta, or your account from Beta on the US server, etc.
2) On each server there are one or more Worlds. For exmaple, on Beta there is only one world. Here, on the International, there are (currently) three worlds: Arendyll, Winyandor and Felyndral. More might be added later.
3) Each account can create one city in each world. You say you have a city in Arendyll. You can create a city on Winyandor and another city on Felyndral. These three cities will share the diamonds, since diamonds are for the whole account, but they will not be able to interact in any way, since they are in different worlds.
4) If you want to have a second city in Arendyll you will need to create a second account. That account will not share anything with your first, and any diamonds from the second account cannot be given to the first one.

DeletedUser

Log-in screen here:

GDO Screen.png

I have two cities on this Country server. I can share my diamonds between those two cities. When I start a city in Winyandor (likely when the Winter Event starts), that city will share in whatever diamonds I may have.

When you arrive at the main page, you see this:
flag tag.png

Click that flag button and you'll get a drop-down list of all of the Country servers.

Country server list.png

These are all distinct and have no interaction between them at all. You can have an account on as many of those servers as you wish. Most of them have only Arendyll available, but the US server has seven available 'worlds'. My US server log-in:

American.png

If a player wants a city in each 'world' they can, and since it is all on one account, there are no rules being broken by sharing diamonds.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwgiii

Shaman
Thanks Shadowblack and Golddust Odin for the clarifications.

If a player wants a city in each 'world' they can, and since it is all on one account, there are no rules being broken by sharing diamonds.

I still stand by my original point though. It might not be breaking the rules. The system allows it. It does make it easier on the paying players. It takes effort to accomplish. But, it is an obvious inconsistency to allow pooling of diamonds and not allow pooling of other resources.

DeletedUser4528

Thanks Shadowblack and Golddust Odin for the clarifications.

I still stand by my original point though. It might not be breaking the rules. The system allows it. It does make it easier on the paying players. It takes effort to accomplish. But, it is an obvious inconsistency to allow pooling of diamonds and not allow pooling of other resources.

Diamonds are the premium currency in the game, as as such come with premium benefits that are not available elsewhere. What you mention here is just one of the small benefits that premium currency allows within the game.

DeletedUser441

So all I need to do is open another city and build it past Dwarves to gain more diamonds. :eek: No thanks ! I'd prefer the game makers to be fair and give all the players what they should have been given. Two years and a lot of money (for me) spent on one account is enough effort . Looking at the fellowship tournament awards I see that the devs' are in panto for Christmas , playing Scrooge.
Beware the ghost of Christmas future !