• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Chapter progress awards of diamonds

DeletedUser441

If diamonds are now awarded for each chapter of research completed shouldn't players be given all the diamonds that they missed out on for previous chapters completed ? ! I certainly think so. Why should we be penalised when new players have the advantage of gaining diamonds every time they advance a chapter of research ?

DeletedUser3542

During march of the nerds.. er Herds event i think it was, you recieve 200 diamonds for opening each chest after dwarves
I read somewhere that you also recieve 200 diamonds for completing the last quest in each chapter after dwarves, but this part i'm not sure about.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
You get 200 diamonds for the AW quest and Advanced scout quest for every guest race now, 400 in total. It started back in July/August I believe. That's what I earned at the end of Dwarves last month.

DeletedUser

I knew already that diamonds were rewarded in those chapters, but Brienne did not indicate what chapters he was speaking of. I thought perhaps I had missed an update stating that they were being rewarded at lower chapters now. :p

DeletedUser441

I've been awarded 200 diamonds for researching AWs of the Woodelves and 200 for Advanced Scouts at the start of the Sorcerers and Dragons chapter. My complaint is that all the awards of diamonds prior to this are not available to me. In effect new players have a distinct advantage over me and others that have already completed researches/chapters where diamonds are now awarded. This is really unfair. :( Come on Inno , give us what we're owed. :mad:
Nobody can say that is an unreasonable request ! o_O
Note to Moderating team.
Please forward this to the relevant people and let us know asap. (It will have a bearing on my continuing this game).
This should have been considered when they changed the awards.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
@Brienne when inno announced this change they stated specifically that the change would NOT be backdated sadly. I wish I could find the announcement but remember at the time the complaints and the answer.

Also from my view, the price of diamonds has more than doubled in my 10 months playing the game so see it as higher level players got much better deals earlier on and it is a bit of compensation but saying that, I would need to pass the next 4 chapters to afford ONE espansion. :(

DeletedUser441

Thanks for the info'. I must have missed that. :( Now I'm really fed up. There's no way I'll ever be able to afford diamonds and now know that I'll never get a fair deal with this "game". Time to rethink my priorities.

Timneh

Artisan
Iw was the same when they removed one of the things from the tech tree (can't remember what it was now) it cost 40KP to research and then they just removed it but they never refunded the 40 KP and all new players never had to use them so had an advantage over everyone else. You will never get a fair deal from Inno when they change things imo.

DeletedUser3781

Brienne, diamonds are shared between cities on one account so if you really needed those diamonds you can start another city just to earn some for your main city ;)
I know it's not a great solution, but at least something...

DeletedUser441

Could a Moderator please clarify . Is Trufsonia's statement true ? Not that I'll be opening another city just to get diamonds. Too much to do.

DeletedUser

Yes, it is true. On the US server I have five cities in my account. When I purchase diamonds, it is on my account, not the city I was in when I made the purchase. Otherwise, why bother? I'm not going to make separate payments for each city. If you're gone for x amount of time, players sometimes get emails offering diamonds upon their return. Those diamonds are in your account and are shared between your cities as well.

Seems like this would seriously lend itself to abuse

The new city is in your account that already exists. It's the same as if you started the game in Arendyll as a Human, then decide you don't want to be Human, so you start an Elven city in Felyndral, build it up, then decide you actually do want to build up that Human city, and start playing that one again. Any diamonds that show on your header as available to you in Felyndral are there in the old city in Arendyll because it's one account, it's not like you made two separate accounts intending to push one with the other. You can't share diamonds between accounts anyway...

cwgiii

Shaman
I'm not sure what kind of abuse do you mean. Do you think earning diamonds in one city but spending in the other is abuse?

Yes, I would.
Based on the game rules, I would interpret this as "Pushing".

But then again, as has been pointed out in many other threads, Inno seems to refuse to enforce (or even fully define) its own rules.

DeletedUser3781

I wonder. Rules say
Operating a “push-account” is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (resources, Knowledge Points etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player. It is forbidden to create trades in any form (goods, Knowledge Points etc.) that involve multiple worlds.
But here, there is no transfer. It's just designed as one diamond pool between all your cities.

cwgiii

Shaman
But here, there is no transfer. It's just designed as one diamond pool between all your cities.

So, under the "pool" model, I could create 100 different cities all to provide diamonds into the pool and use them all to advance one main city. In my mind, that is pushing diamonds to a single main city. This to me is the same as providing KPs from those 100 small cities to the main city, or goods, or NH, etc.

Again, it all depends on the definition of a "Push" account. If Inno would provide a clear definition, it would really help. Until then, the argument over semantics will continue indefinitely. Just my opinion.

cwgiii

Shaman
Why not, then, allow troops to "pool" from one city to another, or even event structures / regular structures. I am actually in favor of trading these items on the open market (doubt that will ever happen). But "pooling" them across cities created by the same player just seems blatantly against the posted rules (as I read them).

DeletedUser3781

So, under the "pool" model, I could create 100 different cities all to provide diamonds into the pool and use them all to advance one main city. In my mind, that is pushing diamonds to a single main city.
You couldn't, because you would need 100 worlds to do this, and we only have three on EN server. Also, you would need to play each of those cities to fairies to get diamonds, so it's a lot of time and effort.
As I see it, we get those diamonds as kind of reward for being a long time player, and we're free to do with them whatever we want.
Why not, then, allow troops to "pool" from one city to another, or even event structures / regular structures.
I think diamonds are pooled to make life easier for the paying customers.

Deleted User - 106219

Also, you would need to play each of those cities to fairies to get diamonds, so it's a lot of time and effort.
To Dwarves, actually. The chest for Dwarves is the first one that gives diamonds. But it's still a very long time to get some free Diamonds, and there are only so many worlds, thus only so many free diamonds. Considering the prices of Expansions...
Why not, then, allow troops to "pool" from one city to another, or even event structures / regular structures. I am actually in favor of trading these items on the open market (doubt that will ever happen). But "pooling" them across cities created by the same player just seems blatantly against the posted rules (as I read them).
One account can't have 2 cities in the same world, and the ONLY resource shared between worlds is diamonds. And even that is limited by the fact that you need a separate account for each server. So you can't get free diamonds here and use them on the US server (or vice versa).