• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Chapter 21 - The Vallorian Legend

SkyRider99

Immortal
I will go as far as saying currently ch21 is impossible to complete unless you have a high level Dragon Abbey and huge amount of free spells or huge reserves of diamonds.
Do I hear Inno designers and devs saying, 'Mission accomplished.' ?

1694230728000.png

:cool:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Mana amounts required are insane compared to other resources in Portal productions, I thought when looking they had misplaced a decimal point. I am having to use 100's of spells with a level 31 Dragon Abbey and several chapter upgraded mana buildings.

Making the required Rude Obligations is wiping me out of Mana constantly and I started the chapter with over 40 million of it.
I will go as far as saying currently ch21 is impossible to complete unless you have a high level Dragon Abbey and huge amount of free spells or huge reserves of diamonds.
Noticed this too. I ran out of Mana and was utterly shocked!
At first I noticed the required Mana needed for the tech tree was a little over the top, but then I needed to start making the Rude oblations and this is just insane! I can maybe start 1 production of Rude oblations per day without wasting spells, if I’m lucky… This will mean this chapter will take forever to complete!
I was really liking this chapter so far but now not so much anymore…
Please tell us this is a design mistake and it will be fixed!

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys! It is a Mana Heavy Chapter with the Research alone costing 34,100,000 Mana (as a whole) so I would definitely begin to stack up!! And of course that's not me taking Guest Race Resources or Upgrades into account.

The best I can do here is pass the feedback along! :confused:

Kind Regards

Herodite

OldHag

Necromancer
I was also well stocked on Mana going into this chapter, I had over 90mil saved. I'm down to 24mil and have started putting away a few evolving buildings to add manta rays and lava eggs, I still have to make 1290 rude oblations @930k for 22...that's mucho mana gonna be needed....lol
I'm actually enjoying the chapter and I'll soldier on. I'm bloody glad I didn't spend/waste any of my Mana in the Cauldron improving spell effects.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
Finding Mana buildings in inventory and used a Mana Tome 15 day expiring building I found in Sorceries and EE spells on them as I have a level 16 Lighthouse of good neighbourhood so may improve my situation a little.

Killiak

Artisan
A high-level Dragon Abbey is already needed in earlier chapters. 118 M Mana does not seem a lot for a whole chapter, or am I wrong?

Code:
Research + Buildings:
Chapter 15: Elvenar        2.75 million mana
Chapter 16: Embassies      2.73 million mana
Chapter 17: Traders       15.50 million mana
Chapter 18: Team Spirit   11.20 million mana
Chapter 19: Revenge          N/A
Chapter 20: Music            N/A
Chapter 21: Vallorian     34.10 million mana

Production:
Chapter 15: Elvenar         
Chapter 16: Embassies      
Chapter 17: Traders          N/A             (Elvenarin can be pp'd)
Chapter 18: Team Spirit  ~40   million mana  (info from min-max website)
Chapter 19: Revenge       36.3 million mana    
Chapter 20: Music         10.5 million mana (harmony grove upgrades, bars can  be PP'd after all)     
Chapter 21: Vallorian     87.3 million mana ( ~82 if you get 23 per oblation production)

I couldn't find the production info from Elvenar and Embassies anymore, but part of those could be PP'd anyway. Their demands were undoubtedly much lower. The production numbers are a bit rough, because of all the boosts and what not, but close enough.
I haven't looked at quests, since some demand Mana, some give a little bit of Mana, but it doesn't come nowhere near the (multi-)millions.

So the closest we have is Team Spirit at roughly 50 million mana, whilst Vallorian takes over DOUBLE of that at 113 ~ 118 million.

Conclusion; Yes, you are wrong.

@Killiak I am merely the enthusiastic messenger :D

I know you are, but the cynic in me says that your letters go straight to the bin.

m4rt1n

Adept
To add here once I unlock my basic factory boost upgrade each one then needs another 2400k mana to upgrade. I have 6 of them so for me an extra 14.4 million mana to find on top, plus possibly other upgrades I am yet to check out.

Sir Derf

Adept
A couple of my thoughts...

Dragon Abbey does not improve its Mana reward by Chapter. Game progress with increasing demands for Mana effectively means decreasing usefulness of Dragon Abbey.

Mana decay rate does not increase by Chapter.

Lava Egg, Chapter 18, 108.1 Mana/sq/hr Lava Egg, Chapter 21, 210.9 Mana/sq/hr, 195.1%
Watchful Winter Owl, Stage 10, Chapter 18, 109.4 Mana/sq/hr Watchful Winter Owl, Stage 10, Chapter 21, 213.3 Mana/sq/hr, 195.0%
Manta Ray, Chapter 18, 111.1 Mana/sq/hr Manta Ray, Chapter 21, 218.8 Mana/sq/hr, 196.9%
Somnial Pool, Chapter 18, 121.5 Mana/sq/hr Somnial Pool, Chapter 21, 236.1 Mana/sq/hr, 194.3%

Mana producing buildings increased their output efficiencies by nearly double from Chapter 18 to Chapter 21.
Mana requirements increased their request by slightly over double from Chapter 18 to Chapter 21.

OldHag

Necromancer
The Dragon Abbey at level 31 gives 140% Mage Units Damage, which is more valuable then the amount of mana it gives, in my opinion.

m4rt1n

Adept
The Dragon Abbey at level 31 gives 140% Mage Units Damage, which is more valuable then the amount of mana it gives, in my opinion.

Dragon Abbey gives Mana to any amount if you have the spells, by far the best source of Mana in the game, nothing else even comes close.

I get more Mana per spell cast than all but 2 Mana producing buildings I have over 24 hours, 35k per spell.

m4rt1n

Adept
A couple of my thoughts...

Dragon Abbey does not improve its Mana reward by Chapter. Game progress with increasing demands for Mana effectively means decreasing usefulness of Dragon Abbey.

Mana decay rate does not increase by Chapter.

Lava Egg, Chapter 18, 108.1 Mana/sq/hr Lava Egg, Chapter 21, 210.9 Mana/sq/hr, 195.1%
Watchful Winter Owl, Stage 10, Chapter 18, 109.4 Mana/sq/hr Watchful Winter Owl, Stage 10, Chapter 21, 213.3 Mana/sq/hr, 195.0%
Manta Ray, Chapter 18, 111.1 Mana/sq/hr Manta Ray, Chapter 21, 218.8 Mana/sq/hr, 196.9%
Somnial Pool, Chapter 18, 121.5 Mana/sq/hr Somnial Pool, Chapter 21, 236.1 Mana/sq/hr, 194.3%

Mana producing buildings increased their output efficiencies by nearly double from Chapter 18 to Chapter 21.
Mana requirements increased their request by slightly over double from Chapter 18 to Chapter 21.

OK, try ch21 without a Dragon Abbey, but thanks for the insight. :)

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm not saying it doesn't help. I am saying that, as you have observed, you need to use it more to progress through Chapter 21 than 18, while the Mana-producing buildings are roughly as powerful in Chapter 21 as they were in Chapter 18.