• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Cateringcost-Squadsize tournament

forictori

Adventurer
shamy apologized for giving the wrong info at first, so he dident insist he was correct.
he changed his info .. its in this thread u just had to read it.

No intention of making an offensive remark towards Shamy, apologies if sounded like one. Thanks for sorting it our Shamy.

Best regards

DeletedUser4528

OK guys and Gals. Its definitive answer time . Just what effect does completing or ignoring the optional squad size upgrades have.

Regular scouting / progression on the world map .

There is no effect on the opposition of any kind, they will remain the same.
Having completed the optional squad size increase you will now have more troops to combat these encounters making them easier to complete .
There is no effect on the Goods needed to barter, and this amount will remain the same .

In Summary, there are no effects whatsoever on the Encounters, other than you have more men to fight with.

Tournaments

Completing the optional squad size upgrades will have the following effect

The enemy will increase in number, in direct relation to your increase in number.
The goods needed to barter will also increase, in relation to the squad size increase.

The fights on the Tournaments will therefore retain the same difficulty, you will just be using more men, and will cost more in goods if you barter.

So the choice is yours as a player to make, which path to choose.

Increase your squad size to make encounters easier -or-
Not Increase your squad size to make the tournament cheaper to barter, and use less men in the fights .

forictori

Adventurer
Agree with Shamy, developers do changes every time. Who knows what they are planning on the next update.

DeletedUser4852

Hmmm. So I'm a low level player. I researched my first optional squad side upgrade recently- mostly to make surrounding provinces easier to complete for the Halloween event. But if I wanted to be a big tourney fighter, at what point do I stop researching the optionals? Or is the correct answer just 'never research any?'

DeletedUser1197

The effect of Squadsize on tournaments
TourneysRequirements.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4816

Hmmm. So I'm a low level player. I researched my first optional squad side upgrade recently- mostly to make surrounding provinces easier to complete for the Halloween event. But if I wanted to be a big tourney fighter, at what point do I stop researching the optionals? Or is the correct answer just 'never research any?'

i think the ones till chapter4 arent that big so wont do much damage at the end, but i would stop researching them after chapter4 .. so in chapter 5 and further .. dont research the optional ones.

DeletedUser1829

So the choice is yours as a player to make, which path to choose.

Increase your squad size to make encounters easier -or-
Not Increase your squad size to make the tournament cheaper to barter, and use less men in the fights .

Thanks Shamy for the information it confirms what many people had worked out but it is still nice to have a definitive answer. Sadly it is unclear that it is a choice in the game. Hopefully some in-game clarification so it is an informed choice will appear in the future. ;)