• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Carnival quests

Susie49

Soothsayer
Does anyone know please if the carnival quests where there are two options are mix’n’match?

Eg if the options are to scout 2 provinces or upgrade 2 buildings can you do one of each? Similarly if the options are solve encounters or buy KP?

Timneh

Artisan
As Viskyar has said it has always been you need to do one or the other, not a mix of both. It might also be helpful to add that the one you start first will be the only one that counts to the quest, so if you buy 1 KP before you solve an encounter only buying more KP will complete the quest

DeletedUser5976

The first one you start is the one you see the progress of, but if you complete the other one first it still counts. At least that's what I remember from one of the answers of Lizzie.

DeletedUser3571

Lady is right, the display will be whichever is nearer to completion. it should change to the other if you get that one nearer to completion.

FieryArien

Necromancer
As Viskyar has said it has always been you need to do one or the other, not a mix of both. It might also be helpful to add that the one you start first will be the only one that counts to the quest, so if you buy 1 KP before you solve an encounter only buying more KP will complete the quest
The first one you start is the one you see the progress of, but if you complete the other one first it still counts. At least that's what I remember from one of the answers of Lizzie.
Coincidently, here’s confirmation of how it works (at least in this event): There was a quest to “solve encounters OR buy knowledge points”.
- I completed three encounters, then changed my mind and started buying KPs.
- After buying the proper amount of KPs the quest was correctly finished.
- The progress didn’t update until I bought more KPs than I previously completed encounters.

FieryArien

Necromancer
EDIT: No, the problem isn’t with “OR”. There is a new bug with upgrades not being registered properly. When I tried two upgrades again, the quest correctly finished: Carnival “OR” quest 74 doesn’t accept the other option

Dammit, quest number 74 “Research 2 technologies OR Upgrade 2 building to level 12 or higher” does NOT WORK properly.

Scenario:
I set up two upgrades (Armory 26->27 and another Armory 25->26) and in meantime during regular game play (it wasn’t even done on purpose!) I activated one technology. The quest is stuck at 1/2 progress, it wasn’t finished when my two upgrades finished. I restarted the app, but it’s still the same.

Conclusion: people who are wary of these “OR” quests (like @Timneh above) are totally right! I’ll be cautious too; this experience costs me. :-(

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
I started 2 residence upgrades ready for that same quest because i knew it was the next one and i knew they would take over 18 hours to complete. I got to the quest 7 hours before the upgrades finished but they did not count towards the quest when they finished. I sent a ticket to support and was told that only upgrades started AFTER i got the quest would count towards it. I have started building upgrades before getting the quest to upgrade buildings in almost every event so far and they have always counted to the quest when they completed.
Has anyone started building upgradesbefore they got the quest to upgrade them and had them count towards the quest in this carnival event ?

DeletedUser3571

yes i started nearly all my upgrades before the quests was available.

and they all counted

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser704

yes !!! 3 building upgrades to +12 have not initiated

Timneh

Artisan
And hope they apologized for giving you wrong information. That's really annoying and confusing.

No, i just got the standard reply of please be patient while they investigate and work on it. I never even got a reply when i asked if they would complete the quest for me because i had done the 2 upgrades.

DeletedUser4695

The same thing just happened to me I got the quest to upgrade 2 buildings to level 12 or higher or unlock 2 tech, I upgraded my workshop and planks to level 14 and did not register for my points, I had to redo both again and it was accepted, I lost population, time, goods, coins and candies, I am very angry and insulted.

DeletedUser3097

No, i just got the standard reply of please be patient while they investigate and work on it. I never even got a reply when i asked if they would complete the quest for me because i had done the 2 upgrades.

I lost population, time, goods, coins and candies, I am very angry and insulted.

Please accept our apologies for this unfortunate bug which affected the Quests. As always, please contact Support if anything like this happens so we can take a closer look at it.