• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Contact Support Carnival “OR” quest 74 doesn’t accept the other option

FieryArien

Necromancer
EDIT: based on new info in this thread the issue doesn’t seem to be with the “OR” functionality, but with change of game mechanics. Now the upgrade needs to be started (and finished) when the quest is active. In the past (even in this event!!!) The upgrade only needed to be finished when the quest was active. It’s pretty significant and unannounced change, so I still consider it a bug. Unfortunately I don’t see a way to change the subject of the thread to reflect the change of content.

Original (now obsolete) report:
App version 1.73.0

Scenario:
- Opened quest named “Carnival Distraction” which asks us to “Research 2 technologies OR Upgrade 2 building to level 12 or higher”.
- Set up two upgrades (Armory 26->27 and another Armory 25->26).
- Activated a technology. -> The quest was marked as 1/2 done.
- Finished one upgrade.
- Finished the other upgrade.

Expected result:
Quest accepts the two upgrades and is marked as finished.

Observed result:
The quest is still stuck at 1/2 progress, it wasn’t finished when my second upgrade finished. I restarted the app, but it’s still the same. Apparently it waits for activation of the second technology. :-(

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
I started 2 upgrades ready for that quest but they did not count when they finished. Support said that only upgrades started AFTER you get the quest will count. I have started upgrades in readiness for these kind of quests before and they have counted.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Wow, thanks for this info, I’ll try again the upgrades. Speeding two Armory upgrades would be way way way cheaper than using a lot of Portal profits to research the second technology.

However, you are right, support didn’t tell you the truth. (In preparations for an earlier quest during this event I even disconnected two residences to pause their upgrades and reconnected them again after the corresponding quest came up. The quest registered the upgrades without any problems and was finished properly.)

EDIT: It worked! Thank you so much @Timneh, you saved me about 80% worth of Portal profits, because my storage was depleted by previous research and the next research asked for a lot.
I’ll update my original report above with new info.

Last edited:

cwgiii

Shaman
I have had the same situation during this event, with upgrades started before the quest became available (I routinely choose to upgrade large structures like advanced AWs during events like this, and not upgrade them anytime other than for event quests). It has been key for me, in the past to start these upgrades far in advance and time them to complete strategically. If this strategy is no longer going to be acceptable during events, then Inno needs to announce such.or make the quest explicitly state what, exactly, is required. At this point, for this event, my strategy is totally nerfed. Not sure there is anything that Inno can do for me to correct the issue, within this event.

Timneh

Artisan
It will be good if we get some official word on the situation but the way i understand it at the moment is that the upgrades should still count towards quests and it is a bug that is causing them not to count. I don't know if it is upgrades that were started before the 1.74 upgrade or ones that were started before the upgrade buildings quest was given that are not counting towards quests.
The question i would like an answer to is will there be some kind of compensation for the players that have lost out because of this bug ? I got no reply from support when i asked if i could have the quest completed for me as i had fulfilled the requirement.

EDIT. I have just had a reply from support and they said because i had already upgraded 2 other buildings to finish the quest they could not do anything about it but they did complete a upgrade workshop repeating storyline quest i had open for me.

Last edited: