• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Behind the Scenes: Upcoming changes for Tournaments

sunrae

Soothsayer
Not in my neighbourhood there isn't and since the change there are a LOT more zero star trades appearing. There are two there now, one is offering 400 marble and demanding 600 silk the other is offering 40 steel and demanding 150 marble
I agree there are a lot more zero star trades, but slowly things around my cities are improving. Also I used to put out 2 - 3 pages of trades daily now I am varying the amounts more and putting out 5 - 7 pages daily. All 2 star all same tier and I do think that is helping.
Well, personally, I think they need to re-assess the so called 'player movement' they say they are doing. I've been keeping track of all my neighbors when doing my daily neighborly help and the only movement out of my area is by players who are completely deleted from the game do to inactivity and the only players who have been added into my area are new Chapter 1 starter cities. They need to get a better rotation to make sure all areas of the map benefit from this movement. Having active neighbors would help trading as the number of active players who have tier 2 or tier 3 goods to trade are quite small.
I posted on this the other day, and totally agree. We really do need this process speeded up.

DeletedUser3097

March Episode of Innogames- 2:35 has information about the Tournaments rebalancing

DeletedUser1829

has information about the Tournaments rebalancing

I think they used the word improvement, I think re-balancing is more accurate as there doesn't have to be improvements for balance:p. While I can't say the balance is off (can't say its right either) there are definitely going to be some strong reactions to the changes mainly because different people place a different value on different rewards.

DeletedUser3097

Yes read that as Tournament changes and Ancient Wonder rebalancing- possibly the terms can be interchanged though! :p

DeletedUser1685

I don't play Elvenar for combat. At all. I really hate doing combat. My mind will not change on this, ever. I signed up for Elvenar because it was advertised as a city builder game. Tournaments are a waste of time for me, they were before, but more so now. I do them to help the clan out, but I'll be significantly reducing the effort I put into tournaments, and stop doing them entirely once I explain my reasons to my clan.

DeletedUser3165

Before the changes, the tournaments were an excellent way to advance especially for me as a new player. Now, after the changes, the tournaments are a waste of effort and resources. The costs are way out of line with the reduced rewards.

Extremely disappointed with this change. Am seriously reconsidering involvement with this game as there seems to be a continuation of changes making the game worse. The change to the wholesaler hurt a lot again especially for me as a new player. Now making the tournaments too expensive with little reward. Not the right direction to be going.

Killiak

Artisan
Higher losses for a (much) lower reward whilst implementing an AI that makes crappy decisions for the player.

Yeah, way to mess up a nice thing Inno. It simply BAFFLES me how you keep going forward with updates whilst people are telling you that the update stinks.

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
Sorry for weird english but trying my best here :)

I must agree with was said in the last two posts. I was doing the tournament for the KP. Now they are scarce. Yes we have only 4 encounters per province now but the losses are huge compare to what was before. So our fellowship decided that it was not worth the effort because of the poor rewards.
Too bad because we can not fight for provinces because INNO decided that some of us had explored too far and now fighting in the tournament his not worth it anymore.

When I started playing this game FS did not even existed but little by little elements where added to create a more cohesive and fun world to play in . But I must say that this tournament update is not one of them!

Timneh

Artisan
Higher losses for a (much) lower reward whilst implementing an AI that makes crappy decisions for the player.

Yeah, way to mess up a nice thing Inno. It simply BAFFLES me how you keep going forward with updates whilst people are telling you that the update stinks.

I totally agree. I only did tourneys to get the KP and relics for my boosted goods and a few provinces in my non boosted to help out my fs but now the cost for me (i only cater as i do not like to fight) is too high for the rewards. Spells i can get from NH and MA (producing spells is why we have the MA) and i already have loads of spells as i never need them.
Inno will just keep rolling out the updates as the devs have a clear idea of how they want the game to go and nothing is going to change the way they think about it.
When they change things they say it is because the thing that has been changed was "damaging the game" the way it was. I personally think that what they should say is we changed it because it was letting you play a different way to the way we want you to play.

DeletedUser1345

Everything in this game, including the revisions to the tournament, is designed to induce those who spend real money here to keep spending it.
As it is in the world, in all things, in all places, at all times.
No amount of pointing-out the "flaws" will alter that method of operating.
No voice is heard except the voice of the cash register.
Understand this, and suddenly most everything that occurs in the world, including in Elvenar, makes sense.
;)

Deleted User - 13667

Other than the cash register, you need to know the developers have not much of a talent to really improve the game since they hardly play at all.
Not knowing what is needed is the crux

DeletedUser2262

How do you know that?

Because every time we see a screenshot of the them play testing or showcasing a feature, their cities have stats that are unachievable through normal in-game play.

Also, we can infer that conclusion from the fact that they make changes that even a novice player can see are brain-dead!

I've personally worked around the deficiencies in the newly introduced tournament "improvements" by changing the way I play. Switched from mostly-combat to mostly-catering (the tournament combat changes are indisputably awful), and now do 15 provinces to round 3 at most. From province 10 onwards, the rewards are similar (but still not equal) to what they used to be. It's not as good as before, but it's a lot better than the garbage rewards you get for doing 6 (provinces) times 6 (rounds).

Btw, it's often the "devs" that get singled out for criticism with these sorts of things, but keep in mind that they're largely being given direction by a game designer or two at the top. Timon is the lead game designer for Elvenar afaik, and his mediocre capabilities are what's got us to where we are with this game. Let's direct criticism to where it's actually deserved.

Deleted User - 106219

Let me add that the devs seem to be using premium stuff (Magic Residences, Magic Workshops, etc.) that most people can't afford. That makes things easier for them. And then there's the fact that they can use debug tools that allow them to reduce production time to mere seconds (such as completing any production in an Orc Rally Point in a few seconds) so they don't have to experience the frustration of having to wait a very long time for a small amount of guest race goods.

Killiak

Artisan
Auto-fight; lose 5 squads
Manual ; lose 1,5 squads

I am still waiting for you to explain your usage of the word "Improvement" when referring to the AI.

Deleted User - 13667

How do you know that?

How not to notice? Gamers have something in mind you lack. Gameplay is highly valued, much much more than just graphics. Updates to fix bugs not keep claiming it would ork in the end when to date it has not.

A fine example of this would the MA and AW. The former to date still very much lacks use while the latter demands runes that cant be fulfilled. Both would seem useful if you money to burn.

The battle system still is terrible with a non-working turntable. If you had actually played 5 v 8 in the battle encounters, you would have noticed it is very badly done up.

A game that supposedly does not encourage battles is insisting every keep sending troops to their doom. :rolleyes:

Games for gamers by gamers are generally more fun, less buggy and able to keep players interested. having to spend time to load slowly and reload is not

KermitsDad

Alchemist
How do you know that?

Because if they actually played the game then they would know that repeatedly declining quests and then confirming every decline just to get to the quest that you actually want to do is so very, very tedious.

If they did actually play the game this stupidity would have been fixed with something like a drop down menu allowing you to instantly choose any of these quests and this would have been done eons ago.

DeletedUser1829

Because if they actually played the game then they would know that repeatedly declining quests and then confirming every decline just to get to the quest that you actually want to do is so very, very tedious.

If they did actually play the game this stupidity would have been fixed with something like a drop down menu allowing you to instantly choose any of these quests and this would have been done eons ago.

They did fix this but the players wanted it. :p

There is 1001 improvements/bug fixes/new features the game can make but when you can only make say 5 per month then you gotta prioritize the most important stuff.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Players will always use the game in ways designers did not forsee, the quest thing is a part of it, the clicking is a mechanism to discourage you from abusing it. The goals of players and designers arent always the same.

for example: we want it all easy, cheap and free, they want to earn money to pay there wages, so there has to be a tradeoff.

As for all the other stuff I agree, it seems there are a buch of incompetent people playing with the buttons, and no proper manager to supervise them and steer them in the correct direction. they combine brilliant idea's with extremely poor implentations.
And some brilliant ideas end up in total screwups, like the new AI that screwed up the entire battle system.
Months of work, down the drain because of 1 failing component, a job well done

Last edited: