• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Battle Assistance Please

• Thread starter DeletedUser2254
  • Start date

DeletedUser2254

I don't play a lot of online games, and so playing Elvenar has been a learning curve for me, and for the most part I have figured a lot out on my own. However Battles elude me. I know how to check the opponents health, damage, how far they can move, and the damage they will do. I understand that when I enter the battle there is a grid, and my army pieces can only move certain ways like chess, what I don't get, and I apologize if this is a simple or dumb question, but how do I strike? I can move my guys on the game board, and then what? Is there a button or something I click on for my army to strike? Am I missing something? I have been depending on autobattle, but want to learn how to fight as well.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Each of your troops has a 'range', melee can strike any adjacent hexagone (or 2 hexagone far for heavy melee), archers (light ranged units) can strike at 4 of distance, etc
So you first have to be at the right distance of your opponents to be able to strike them. When this is done, hoovering your pointer, it will became a bow with a red arrow (then just click on it)
You can find their ranges, possible steps, if they can strike back and other infos in their info screen (i)

And do not use autofight because the most usefull strategy is to wait the opponent to let the faster ones come first (letting the slowr behind) so you can concentrate your strikes on them one by one (if there is no long range in the opponents' field). Autofight just run like a stupid kamikaze ;)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 106219

Each unit has Range. When an enemy is within the range of that particular unit you can click on the enemy to attack it. You can attack after moving, or you can attack without moving, but you can't attack and then move. You can also choose not to attack by ending the unit's turn (by clicking on the current unit).

After moving a unit if there is an enemy in range you will be given the chance to attack; if there is no enemy in range the game will move on to the next unit.

DeletedUser2254

Thank you so much for replying you guys. I will try that. I figured I was just missing a small piece of the puzzle. Any other tips on battling?

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Search the players' guides subforum, there are some guides about the battles that aren't so bad :p but 'grosso-modo' :
-try to oppose units regarding their bonus and malus (if you have advanced ones)
-try to kill long ranged as soon as possible with mages (who must stay rear) or dogs (that must run like hell) while your melee will 'buffer'/block the opponents fast units... if you have elves, use your sorceress as long range to kill first cannoneers and mages/sorceress
Depending of the battlefield layout, you should consider to keep your dogs rear until they can pass the opponents melee safely or cancel the fight and replace them with mages.
In doubt, stay on your starting blocks so the opponents will come one by one if they have different speeds that will allow you to concentrate your strikes and eventually strike each opponent first that will weaken them before their turn... before each move, hoover your pointer on enemies to see where they will be able to go at their turn to stay out of reach and hit them first...

Last edited:

DeletedUser219

There is a good, beginner-friendly guide to the combat system here. It should give you a very good start on completeing your Provinces. If you have questions, add them to that thread, or put them here, or start a new thread and someone will answer.