• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Barracks

Ven-Draya

Novice
This might seem a bit weird but I'm thinking of scraping one of my 2 barracks. The reason being is I have a Dwarven Bulwark which acts as a barracks (at a barracks lvl of about 25) and it produces light melee every 3 hours simply by existing. If I scrap a barracks I loose a little bit of troop training (80, but I get 32 back on my next DB upgrade) but I get more population and a lower culture requirement. I also currently have times where I have 3 building sitting inactive because I struggle to make enough resources to train troops AND create goods. What do people think I should do, keep the barracks or scrap it?

Sir Derf

Adept
In the grand scheme of things, if you built it, you can rebuild it. It's only Coins, Supplies, Goods, etc...

Having said that, if you have the ability to teleport the building, consider doing that instead of selling. Teleport spells are random rewards from Spire Chests, and allow most buildings to be removed from your map and placed into your inventory, thus allowing the building to return without having to respend the resources to rebuild it later.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
This might seem a bit weird but I'm thinking of scraping one of my 2 barracks. The reason being is I have a Dwarven Bulwark which acts as a barracks (at a barracks lvl of about 25) and it produces light melee every 3 hours simply by existing. If I scrap a barracks I loose a little bit of troop training (80, but I get 32 back on my next DB upgrade) but I get more population and a lower culture requirement. I also currently have times where I have 3 building sitting inactive because I struggle to make enough resources to train troops AND create goods. What do people think I should do, keep the barracks or scrap it?
You have a lot of "out-dated" culture buildings. Elvenstats says you're in chapter 7 but you have culture buildings as far back as chapter 5 and even chapter 2. You want to keep updating those with newer ones you win from latest events so they produce better yields. Buildings are chaptered when you claim them, not when you put it down btw. So most current event will give you chapter 7 items. To find out what chapter a building is, you can just use the popup from hovering over the building and it's the icon in the top right corner. On mobile, you can click the building and go to the info tab. If you replace those older buildings, you will have more pop and culture to work with most likely since the higher the chapter, the more of everything it gives.

I wouldn't remove an armory if you only have 2. Like @Ruprecht said, you will need to train Orcs next chapter.