• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Autofight bug

• Thread starter Deleted User - 106219
  • Start date

Deleted User - 106219

I tried finishing a tournament battle by using Autofight. Here's the result:
Defeat1.png

Total annihilation despite the fact that Elder Treants are supposed to be good against both Light Melee and Heavy Ranged.

I then tried manual fighting. Here's the battlefield:
Defeat2.png

And here's the end result:
Defeat3.png
I probably could have done better, but that doesn't matter.

No matter how I look at it I should have won this battle, therefor I can only assume that I have encountered some weird Autofight bug.

DeletedUser

As far as I know the autofight has not been updated for new units, perhaps this causes it to do stupid things in all battles...?

Deleted User - 106219

Supposedly the autofight AI is constantly getting updates to help make it more useful with the new units. But the real issue is that the AI simply does not know what to do when there's only a single way to reach the enemy and that way is blocked by an enemy unit. It's not that bad when it is Paladins since they have a range of 2, but Treants are screwed.

In addition, there's a serious big with enemy damage. You can read the report in this thread (on the Beta forum), but I saw the exact same bug here on the International Server. Thanks to the Enchantress' debuff my units were taking more damage from enemy Heavy Ranged than they were supposed to, which no doubt contributed to the loss.

DeletedUser

I just don't fight anymore, this is the kind of thing that makes me happy I don't.. :/

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
The big difference between human play and autofight is that YOU can wait the ennemy to come to you and mostly hit him first and choose where and choose which squad will fight which foe and will avoid which one... You can anticipate next ennemy move, autofight can't do that...
Negotiating is more wise than autofighting if you don't want to fight. ;)

DeletedUser

As above, with a choke point, I suspect autofight runs in, where you would stand back and have them come one at a time, with 3+ hitting them where they can't get past each other.

DeletedUser1345

It's the terrain - autofight mode is rather single-minded, and tends to get jammed up when the terrain is tight.
Then even weaker enemies can pick-off your troops from a protected distance.

Autofight works a lot better when the battlefield is wide open and your troops can just charge straight in.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
This is not a bug, but the system can use some improvements in this regard - that is true. Still, not a bug.

Deleted User - 13667

This has been the setting since the beginning. Would be good if there is a reduction in loss rate..

Autofight = suicide fight.

DeletedUser

All fights are suicide now ^^
Not strictly true for me, yes they're suicide on the world map as I've gone too far, but I'm not having too many problems now in tournaments, I can win fights up to 4*. Mykans guide has helped tremendously with that.

In Arendyll, where I'm on woodelves, I can do the first 8 encounters up to 4* (elf)
In Winyandor, where I've just gone into fairies, I can do the first 4 encounters up to 4* (human)

I think elves do better than humans as the troops seem to do more damage, after 4* the losses become too large for me, I'm balancing supplies for troops against supplies for everything else going on.

oh and I'm an auto-fighter, I only fight if I've lost at least 2 x 5 squads, I hate fighting, don't want to fight but do want the kp and/or relics so I auto-fight 95% of the time.