• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered At a standstill in early game

I can't seem to get very far, am at a total standstill in chapter 2 and been at it for a good few months. I just have nothing, no steel or planks, no magic power for crafting and no more space left. I need to 'research paladin' and 'have 1 marble manufactory at level 5 or higher'. I can't research anything without the steel. I can't upgrade without more space. I can't get more space, map fights have got too hard. Had hoped to make a fellowship for new players to hang out but no one ever joined. Nothing I try works and now am totally stuck, how do I get out of the rut and make progress again? Thank you in advance for help.

Jake65

Sage
What world and server do you play on?
Maybe someone can look at your city and advise.
The game is a lot about balance, having enough population to support your buildings without loads of idle workers.
Producing enough supplies but not having your main hall storage fill up a few times a day.
Possibly too many culture buildings?
Hope someone can help.

Sir Derf

Adept
Took a peek at your city on Felyndral...

If you need Steel (or Planks), you have three methods... either try to trade with other players Marble for Steel (or Planks), or buy them from the Wholeseller, or build some Steel (or Plank) manufactories. I realize that they are not your boost, and so not your most efficient, but some is better than none.

As for the space issue, you have space; you just have to collect it into useful blocks. You mostly have an efficient layout, long rows of streets with buildings down both sides. You have a dogleg near your lower corner, straighten that out and you can lower your barracks to the bottom corner. you have an unused strip of single squares along the upper left edge of your city; shift everything up and left.

If you haven't found it yet, look at Elvenstats.com and ElvenArchitect.com for tools to help deal with city layout planning.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Had hoped to make a fellowship for new players to hang out but no one ever joined.
Look for a decent fellowship and apply to join. The very beginning of the game is slow. You will get rolling in short time.

My mantra: Build, upgrade, produce.

Only build your boosted products. Then trade for other goods you need.

Vesper Flash

Dreamer
Hi,

I agree with everything said by previous posters. It sounds to me like you're either not trading or for some reason trades are not being accepted very fast in your part of the map. You can get spell fragments for crafting by 'disenchanting' any spells or special buildings you might have picked up along the way. The provinces you're stuck on will get easier to clear as you research more technologies (squad size upgrades).

Also, join a fellowship as the other replies have said. If you're in Felyndral my fellowship has a vacancy, so I can find you in game and invite you if you want. A lot of our members joined when they were fairly new and have grown with us. An adventure is coming soon so it's a great time to join a fellowship, get to know some other players, and start winning some prizes to help you progress. We'd also trade with you so you'd soon get the steel and planks you need.

Vesper.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
If you don't see the trades listed for the combination you want, just list them yourself. If you keep them same tier, people will gobble it up right away. Those are usually the most desirable and taken quickest. There are giant late chapter cities out there with massive inventory in the millions. A lot of them will go through the trader and pluck trades and they don't have to pay a trader fee since they have huge scouted regions. Get rid of any steel/plank factories if you have them. Use the population freed up by them to build more marble factories instead. Invest your population into boosted only factories (you can see what your boosts are in the main hall relics tab).

QFol2

Conjurer
I agree with everything the others have already advised - if you are new to the game, I'd always recommend joining a decent fellowship to learn the ropes properly before setting up your own. Recruiting members is hard enough when you know what you're doing, and there's a lot more to playing the game well than meets the eye!

Start doing the tournaments too every week, even if only a handful of encounters - that will help you build up the relics you need to increase your production of your boosted marble, and give you some materials for creating enchantments, as well as kp and enchantments themselves. 3 provinces completed on 5 days of the tournament (5 stars) will give you the first reward chest if you do decide to stay in your own fellowship (although I wouldn't advise it).