• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ask Timon and Rike! (Questions we'd like answered in the next Q&A)

Jackluyt

Shaman
Q. What about a Hotkey to illuminate Builders Hut when visiting?

One of the Facebook Group members asked this one!
Builders Hut is difficult to spot - particularly when the owner has hidden it away.
Hot about a hotkey that makes all the Buildings start flashing?

And for that matter - how about one for the Ancient Wonders too?
Golden Abyss is tiny and like a chameleon - it gets lost easily!
:)

19883981_10209563664789098_8011535023822144617_n.jpg

Platinum Leaf is a growing Facebook group with 3800 members, and hundreds of Files and videos of Elvenar-related material.
You are welcome to join!!

cwgiii

Shaman
A lot of the time the builders hut is hidden because the player does not want help on it.
Very true. I wish it was as easy to hide the Main Hall.

There have been several discussion threads suggesting options to have the city owner select/prioritize/force compliance on the order of help desired. Would be a win-win, in my opinion (give the receiver what they specifically need, and expedites the process for the giver).

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
Very true. I wish it was as easy to hide the Main Hall.

There have been several discussion threads suggesting options to have the city owner select/prioritize/force compliance the order of help desired. Would be a win-win, in my opinion (give the receiver what they specifically need, and expedites the process for the giver).

You get a big +1 from me on that. I have a neighbour that never does anything except MH.

DeletedUser3032

Question for the Moderators: Do Timon and Rike or their production team ever see these questions?

A lot of people are putting in a lot of effort to produce them in a lucid fashion.
They are not featuring in the Q&A - so far...

Unicorns take priority! We should all know that by now. FML!

Jackluyt

Shaman
Q. Missing step in the Tutorial!

Hey Timon and Rike!
Our Facebook group just had a discussion about visits to neighbors - and you would be surprised how common it is that players think you just have to Visit and then click Done.
No one told them they have to click on a building - and it sometimes takes them months to find out!!
I once booted a player from a fellowship for not visiting - fortunately I found out that he HAD visited but did not know about clicking!!
So I was able to take him back...

How about making this a little more clear in the Tutorial?
Thanks!

Timneh

Artisan
When are we going to get the increased storage amount for broken shards that we were promised ?

When the tournament rewards were changed we were told we would be able to store more in the release notes from Muf-Muf but so far nothing has changed. It can't be so big a change that it takes months to implement.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Just a reminder that you can post questions that you would like Timon and Rike to answer in the next Q&A session here!

DeletedUser441

This needs repeating .
When is the storage capacity for broken rune shards going to be be increased ? Offering them as rewards in the tournament is pointless when a player has the maximum 10. I've lost out on a lot already :(. If they consider that we should always have an AW ready to fill the rune wheel they are very much mistaken. I have all my AWs built and I'm struggling to get one to a rune shard wheel level . When I do , I usually have enough rune shards to fill the wheel on most AWs , so have to wait for the next to reach the rune wheel level. Hundreds of hours per level , many more rune shard pieces lost :(.

Please don't stop offering them as rewards ; just vastly increase the storage capacity . Pretty please :).

Jackluyt

Shaman
One-minute Boosters are pathetic

Hi Timon!

Almost everyone in our large Facebook group agrees that one minute, three minute and seven minute boosters are worth nothing at all. If the average player needs to speed up the upgrading a building or a scout or whatever, we are talking HOURS, not minutes.

I do realize you don't want to give inappropriately heavy prizes to the beginners.

Have you considered this issue and do you have a way to improve it?
For an advanced player, being given a tiny booster is like being offered a massive packet of peanuts at a party - and being told you can only take one!

Could you not make the boosters percentage?
That would be fair to all players!

My scouting takes over 2 days - a 10 or 20 or 50 percentage reduction would be meaningful - and appreciated!

Thanks!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser441

Could we have % reductions as rewards ? That way everyones gains are fair , no matter which level you are. Please increase them though , as a 1 minute boost for a high level build is next to useless.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Player Movement - repeat question

Hi Timon!

There is no doubt that the Player Movement system is vastly improved over the way it used to be - and it is slowly improving even more.

But equally there is no doubt that your design team are still falling far short of their stated objective - which is to move all the inactives outward slowly, and drift the active players towards the center of the board.

I know that you are aware of this and are working on a more efficient system.

Could you tell you when we can expect this system to REALLY work - so lots and lots of totally inactive cities around us can be seen to be moving away, and replaced by fresh, better players - not the influx of 'newbies', as at present - who soon become inactive just like the ones they are replacing?

It would make the game SO much more interesting if active players could all work together - which is not happening...

Thanks!!.

Timneh

Artisan
Why did you tell players a few months ago to build and upgrade all AW's and then make a change to the bellspire/crystal lighthouse that reduces it's effect by a massive amount and makes it not worth the space it takes up any more. Also why do you NEVER give players a proper explanation for the changes that you make ?

Last edited:

DeletedUser4494

I am a relative Newbie, and in one of my worlds I was placed where no one was playing around me, well almost no one, so it was very difficult to get started, since I had so few neighbors to give me help, but my visits to all the abandoned towns gave me coins which helped some. Now my little world is undergoing change with new players opening up and I am hopeful they will begin to visit with me so we can help each other out.
But to YOU who are so BIG now and don't want us newbies around you, shame on you, you also started small & more experienced players with larger Cities helped you to begin, so now it is your chance to pay it forward, helping the New people around you, Not complaining and only wanting Big Cities close to you...
I am enjoying the game, Thank you Game Makers :)

Jackluyt

Shaman
But to YOU who are so BIG now and don't want us newbies around you, shame on you, you also started small & more experienced players with larger Cities helped you to begin, so now it is your chance to pay it forward, helping the New people around you, Not complaining and only wanting Big Cities close to you...

I think you should re-read what I wrote Don.
I have no problem with being surrounded by newbies and helping them - I do it every day with love in my heart. I take all their trades, and write each one a welcoming letter and offer my assistance any time if they have a question. I also invite them to join our growing Facebook group where they can share our hundreds of Elvenar info-tips and videos.

My post refers to a 'promise' made by the Developers - that totally inactive cities would gradually slide outwards to the periphery of the World Map, and active players out in the Wilderness would gradually drift inwards towards the center - where they would have more active neighbors for trades and visits.
This is not happening!

All that is happening at present is stripping of tiny inactive cities once a month - and instead of moving active players in, they are filling the spaces with newcomers - who have a 90% chance of becoming just as inactive as the ones they replaced.

This is not what the design team told us what was going to happen.

That was what I was asking...

DeletedUser3542

instead of moving active players in, they are filling the spaces with newcomers - who have a 90% chance of becoming just as inactive as the ones they replaced.
Exactly, i agree with you Jack, they did the same thing in my area, took out the dead and replaced them with more who seem to have just died off right from the start..( i think they forgot to water them when they planted them or something :p) i know there are a lot of active players waiting and hoping to be moved to an active area but are left stranded while new players are moved in instead.. BTW thanks for all you do Jack yer a star.