• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ask Timon and Rike! (Questions we'd like answered in the next Q&A)

DeletedUser3032

Those new players filling in the gaps are mostly 1 day old accounts which have been abandoned straight away because they don't like the game.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Q 1. Crystal Lighthouse and Bell Spire Changes

Hi Timon and Rike!

You have changed the structure of these Ancient Wonders - so one now gets goods only when one opens a Treasure Chest. Seeing there are are only three chests a day, it follows that people who visit more often than thirty times a day will be losing out - and people like myself who visit 240 times on some days are going to lose really badly!

Here is a suggestion - could you consider it please?

1. Give us extra chests - lets say one every twenty visits, after the basic three that we have at the moment - then the more one visits, the more goods one gets.
Which will encourage people to visit!

2. Could you consider giving some Mystery Chests, every now and then, as a surprise?
To add spice to the game!
1% chance of a Blueprint - but most people would just get goods or Instants.
Perhaps even an occasional Booby Prize!

Q 2. Instants in Treasure Chests

Could you please cut down the number of Relics in the chests?
Most advanced players have too many Relics!
Could we rather have Instants please?
Do you plan to do this?

Thanks!!

Pauly7

Magus
Dear Timon and Rike,

I have not addressed you before, but I assume that you are developers of this game.

My post addresses the change that has just been implemented regarding the Bell Spire / Crystal Lighthouse. I am disappointed in the following ways:

• No official statement has been issued to announce this. We, as users of this forum, plus beta users, were aware, but the vast majority of the playing populace will wake up today to find that most of the benefit has been stripped from their ancient wonder, unannounced.
  • There has been a statement issued by Marindor within the forum which contains explanations that are completely untrue. It tries to argue that the vast majority of players will actually benefit from this, whereas I have no doubt that every active owner of this ancient wonder (which are the only people that really need to be addressed), will be receiving probably less than a tenth of the goods, on average. The statement has the audacity to say that some players will receive a "tiny bit less."
  • This has been the most hotly discussed topic on this forum over the last week and there has been no extra comment from Innogames to either back up the statement or address anyone's concerns.
  • Finally... and it is the least important of my concerns... is the disappointment about the effect that this will have on me personally, reducing the daily amount of goods received from 10,620 to 1,764 and the feeling that I have now wasted KP in upgrading my Bell Spire.

I am, by no means, one of your biggest customers, yet a customer I am. I, for one, will refuse to purchase another diamond on this game until a) a proper statement with the true explanation has been received by every owner of this ancient wonder and b) some or all of the questions and concerns have been answered and that the notion of compromise or compensation has at least been discussed. In saying this now I am also urging others to take the same stance.

This is now an issue of trust needing to be restored.

Regards,
Paul

DeletedUser3097

No official statement has been issued to announce this. We, as users of this forum, plus beta users, were aware, but the vast majority of the playing populace will wake up today to find that most of the benefit has been stripped from their ancient wonder, unannounced.

Release Notes version 1.39
This was posted the day before the update.

1.39.png
The in-game announcement was posted just after the update.

Pauly7

Magus
This is the release notes, which just contains a throw away comment about "ancient wonder rebalancing".

I am talking about a proper statement about this ancient wonder to all owners of it, explaining proper reasoning for it. Make no mistake, this is a massive change to this game and will have the biggest detrimental impact of any change there has been since I have been playing.

DeletedUser219

I have just thought of another question i would like the developers to answer.
Why do you not listen to what the players say in the forums and you treat them with contempt. You *** need to remember that without players you have no game and without a game you have no jobs.
Loose translation into polite language:
Dear Timon and Rike,

Why do you not recognise that I, a self-centred player with nowhere near the invollvement or commitment you have in the game, clearly know much more about your plans and intent for the game than you do? I buy Diamonds, so I should have a much greater say in where this game is going. And I expect to be personally notified any time you make a change.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2452

Dear Timon and Rike

Regarding the current change in Great Bell and Lighthouse
Release notes say "We changed the mechanic for this ancient wonder. For the vast majority of players, you will end up having more rewards than you used to. For some players, you may get a tiny bit less."

My questions are
(a) For majority player get more reward ? who are they ??
(b) for some players, u mey get a tiny bit less.... But I lost 70 to 90% of goods from visiting. There are tons of player like me. What do Inno classified as ..not "majority" , not "some player", WHO ARE US ??:eek:
(c) Is that any explanation to declare player already get 3 chests ( average within the first 6 visits ) which is equivalent to 30 Visits ( b4 change) continue to visit other player ( fellowship and hoods )

Timneh

Artisan
Loose translation into polite language:
Dear Timon and Rike,

Why do you not recognise that I, a self-centred player with nowhere near the invollvement or commitment you have in the game, clearly know much more about your plans and intent for the game than you do? I buy Diamonds, so I should have a much greater say in where this game is going. And I expect to be personally notified any time you make a change.

When i require you to translate for me i will ask you to. Thank you.

DeletedUser4788

Workshop production overflow :eek:
My problem is "NOT having enough" it is having too much especially on Fellowship Adventures and quests
Once you reach your MAX the workshop James up and you cannot produce any ITEMS :(

It would be nice to still make ITEMS without collecting supplies to still continue working on Fellowship Adventures and quests, perhaps a way of spending some supplies Similar to buying knowledge points,
I'm aware Continuously upgrading main building and training troops uses up supplies
but the supply chain still gets jammed up at times
and this becomes extremely frustrating

m4rt1n

Adept
Workshop production overflow :eek:
My problem is "NOT having enough" it is having too much especially on Fellowship Adventures and quests
Once you reach your MAX the workshop James up and you cannot produce any ITEMS :(

It would be nice to still make ITEMS without collecting supplies to still continue working on Fellowship Adventures and quests, perhaps a way of spending some supplies Similar to buying knowledge points,
I'm aware Continuously upgrading main building and training troops uses up supplies
but the supply chain still gets jammed up at times
and this becomes extremely frustrating

I use supplies in the wholesaler to get a few goods if they fill up. :)

DeletedUser3811

INNOGAMES and Elvenar,

As much as I enjoy playing Elvenar, there are some changes that need addressed in how we play the game.

MY PAST: I am a gamer and have been a gamer since 1994, long before your organization came into existence. I have been playing various INNOGAMES games for quite a few years now (since the beginning). In ALL your games you make the same mistakes. You do NOT listen to your gamers. I left INNOGAMES for a couple years and was only lured back because of the type of game Elvenar was supposed to be (building your city). The only thing you have improved on over the years is that you now correct your bugs a tad faster.

Yes, you have a successful business, but all you are doing is picking up new gamers to replace the disgruntled ones. Eventually you will lose your players to not being more responsive to them. Yes, you MIGHT lure them back for the "next game" (like you did me) but the end result will be the same (experienced players leaving your game). No, I'm not ready to give up on Elvenar although if the FS's I am in keep losing gamers due to your uncaring attitude, I will be amongst them when I reach their stage of frustration and this time, I WON'T come back to another of your games. Enough is enough. Start listening to your customers or you won't have any!!!!

MY PRESENT: I am a daily player unless I am out-of-town or dealing with situations that require limited play (REAL LIFE issues like hospitalizations, work, and a vacation away from home, etcetera). I have been playing Elvenar since April or May 2017, not sure when in there. I am already in Chapter 7 of the research tree for one server and chapter 6 for the other 3 servers.

Following are some of the grievances I have or have heard from other gamers in regards to the way the game is currently progressing:

1. The rewards suck. Something that is over and above the normal game play (tournaments, events, adventures, and etcetera) needs to have rewards that are worthwhile to spend our hard earned goods and supplies on. They should be above and beyond what we can create, buy, build, etc. during normal game play. It wouldn’t hurt if they were smaller since our space is limited!!!

2. Events, Tournaments, Adventures (any extras) beyond normal game play are over-the-top when they do not give the players an opportunity to regain their supplies and goods so they can continue participating in any of the extras as well as their normal game. My supplies and goods on one server won't even allow me to do any further participation beyond 5 t-provinces in the tournament at the current time. My 3rd level goods won't allow me to even cater at this point and still play my normal game.

3. Players at the end of the research tree need more Chapters to continue their game play. No, just the current Chapter being developed will NOT be enough to keep the players happy for very long. New Chapters need to be developed on a regular basis to keep player interest. Twice a year is inefficient and unfair.

4. Players need more expansions not only for goods and/or supplies, but extra buildings or they have to start deleting items they built in order to participate in #2 above which ruins their normal game play.

5. The mobile app is great and the planned upcoming changes will help, but It has a lot of issues that need to be incorporated still in order for a gamer to fully participate in the game. When “Real Life” issues come up participation in the game comes to a halt for the following:

a. Game mail. Chat is there, but it isn’t good enough due to the inability for it to sustain important information that is lost when a FS is consistently active. There has been many times what I typed before going to bed is gone in the morning (in just 9 hours) on the browser, let alone on the mobile app.

b. Ability to participate in any of #2 above.

c. Ability to use spells or make new spells in the Magic Academy.

d. Ability to add KPS to your own or any other gamers AW’s when you don't have one or your AW is full or upgrading so KP's are lost when you are stuck in the research tree.

e. When doing visits (both FS and neighbors), you cannot see what their preference is for buffing.

f. On the map, you cannot tell if the province is easy, medium, hard, or very hard.

Something to possibly consider for addressing issues like I have listed is a customer advocate (someone to speak to the company on the client’s behalf).

We lost a member to our FS today on one of the servers due to the inability to expand his city. He cannot advance any further nor do much else because he has no more room. To his goodbye post others have responded as well some of the grievances listed above. He is not the only one at the end of the Research Tree waiting on a new Chapter and out of the ability to add extra provinces. Others are complaining of the same problem. This could well be an avalanche in our FS. Wake up ELVENAR!!! If there is enough of a delay, you will lose (not only your "PAYING customers" but your customers who cannot afford to pay anymore to buy whatever they need due to cost). How many customers are you willing to lose as you already do on a regular basis??? The customer was leaving the game had been with Elvenar for 3 years and put up with your lack of care for what the gamers needed for far too long before he made the decision to leave the game.

As far as I have advanced in the short time I have been playing Elvenar, I will be joining those who are stuck sometime in the not too distant future as I only have 4 more chapters to go after finishing Orcs. I have managed to get each Chapter done in 3-5 weeks so at the most I am looking at being stuck anywhere from the first of March to the first of July (anywhere from 10 months to 14 months from the time I started the game on 4 servers) unless the time to complete each Chapter changes!!!

Consider me a disgruntled gamer if you wish, but these are things a business should be concerned about if they want to be around for a while.

To the players on this forum, I would appreciate feedback from you in regards to this post. I am but one voice and believe that additional voices need to be included in the grievances that INNOGAMES and Elvenar need to address.

Moderation edit: removed bold mark-up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
Dear Timon and Rike,

Like some players complained about being unable to grow or explore because of the Orcs they do not have yet would it be possible to have the Orcs on the market where you could exchange them for tools or gold or whatever, That would save a lot of frustration from some players who are stuck in the game.

DeletedUser3468

I am in a predicament...I am stuck in research because I need increase my capacity for granite because I can't activate my copper mine without more granite...My capacity is 11,100 and I need 20,000 and 25,000...I don't have enough diamonds to advance so I'm stuck...I can't upgrade my granite mines as I need copper...How can I get more diamonds as I can't afford to buy them...Thank you for reading and have a great day...

P.S: Does this mean my journey in this game is over?

DeletedUser3468

Q. Why not more Diamond prizes on the Fanpage?

Hi!
Why not give more Diamond prizes on the Fanpage?
Look at this one you posted?:
19260608_1377845695637991_1311734146987846308_n.jpg

It is a nice idea - asking people to say which Halflings field crop they would prefer.
So why not chuck in a few packages of 50 Diamonds?
It cost nothing to give them away
It creates massive goodwill from the players towards the designers
It get people used to recieving and using Diamonds - so they are more likely to continue using the shop.

It would be a win-win situation for all!

:)

I totally agree...I am totally stuck in research because I can't activate my copper mine without more diamonds...I can't move on in the game so looks like I will have to leave :-(

Deleted User - 106219

I am in a predicament...I am stuck in research because I need increase my capacity for granite because I can't activate my copper mine without more granite...My capacity is 11,100 and I need 20,000 and 25,000...I don't have enough diamonds to advance so I'm stuck...I can't upgrade my granite mines as I need copper...How can I get more diamonds as I can't afford to buy them...Thank you for reading and have a great day...

P.S: Does this mean my journey in this game is over?
Upgrade your Dwarven Portal to increase storage capacity. The first upgrade (from level 1 to level 2) does not require Copper and is necessary to research Dwarven Steel Manufactory (and after that Copper Foundry).

In the future always check what you need to upgrade your portal, and what you get from the upgrade, else you will get stuck again once you reach the next chapter.

Jackluyt

Shaman
There will be a Live Q & A session tomorrow at 5 p.m. CET (German time) = 4 p.m. Gmt = 11 a.m. EST.

You can sign up to be notified when it begins, on the Elvenar page: https://www.facebook.com/elvenar

If you have questions to which you would like answers, you can post them on the Forums in this thread, and the Forum Moderator will pass your questions to them.

There are still quite a few in this thread that still need answering!!
:)

27972315_10211119071033282_1780455557047960756_n.jpg