• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient wonders

Stephen1

Spellcaster
Rune Shards won by completing a world map province (random shard for a unlocked wonder), some tournament encounters and as possible prizes during events. The broken shards can be acquired when a shard breaks on the rune wheel phase of wonders, from buildings (such as the sleepy titan (found in this event's prizes) or Ferris wheel Galore) or as rewards from tournament encounters.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I am a newbie. just unlocked the ancient wonders. Any tips on how to get rune shards or broken shards? thanks ( ̄▽ ̄)~*
As a newbie also consider reading the Elvenar wiki for a bunch of hints and tips. It is the little button at bottom right of your game screen.

There is also an external site called ElvenGems that has a ton of info.

Keep the questions and posts coming.

cwgiii

Shaman
Another method that I used very early on (even before I created my fellowship) was to look at the AWs that my neighbors had (newbies as well), choose the particular AW that I wanted to focus on, and then do the math to see how many KP I needed to contribute in order to acquire that particular rune shard. I do not personally consider this "chest snipping" because I was contributing a larger number of KP that just 1 or 2 to get the chest. Both parties benefit in the way I was proceeding.

Note: This generally does not work with more advanced neighbors or with neighbors in a strong fellowship, but it did work for me before "the great migration", when I was surrounded by neighbors that had advanced enough to have AWs but had basically quit the game. These days (post great migration), you may be able to find active neighbors that are willing to swap KP just like Fellows would with KP swap threads. Communication is always a good thing, and it can help build relationships to help with trades, etc.

Again, early on, it is key to focus on a single AW, or possibly 2. You can choose based on so many different play strategies. I choose to play as a non-military negotiator, so I focused strictly on goods production enhancement, Others focus on military enhancement, etc.

Also be aware, that there are eventually negative consequences to over building AWs (and upgrading them to higher levels). This will impact tournament and spire difficulty.

Choose wisely.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Broken shards can sometimes be crafted in MA as well. I have stopped doing my map because each event requires you to complete so many provinces so I only do my map when the event requires it these days. However, I am never short on runes because I do a ton of tourney. I have completed entire rune wheels without owning any runes for the wonder I am working on by breaking the runes of other wonders and forging them into the rune I need. Now that they are gonna allow runes to be used for wonder research, it’s even more valuable to hit tourneys hard.

cwgiii

Shaman
Build a wonder you have lots of runes for, after it is built sell it and then you need to fill the rune circle again which gives you broken shards to create a new rune on a wonder of your choice.

I do this for the AWs that I have no intention of keeping/advancing (hence the deletion afterwards).

For the AWs that I do wish to keep/advance, I upgrade them to the next 5th level (one of the rune circle levels, with fully filled KP), then I wait until I need runes for a different AW that I want (but may not have sufficient runes for). You can then forge the correct runes from the broken shards of the others as you rapidly fill the rune circle of the stand by AWs. Essentially the same process to a slightly different end.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I haven't seen that before. Where and how does one perform that? Is it a mobile app thingy?
Broken shards are universal. They can be used to forge completed rune of any wonder and guaranteed to fit into the rune wheel. I have a crap wonder building frenzy before I put down my FA farms while I have lots of space to work with in order to clear rune wheels of crappy wonders I have no intention of keeping. During normal scheduled play, I generally use Tome for this process as it is the smallest and oldest so one generally accumulates large quantities of runes for it. I don’t get stuck in rune phase so every 5th wonder level is a quick two-for-one.

rock stream

Scholar
You should now keep in mind that those old crappy shards will be able to be converted to 10/15 kp soon.