• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonder chests raids

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3109

"You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth Cityscape".

Yes, I did write to a member of the fellowship who had taken part in the raid and was told that they would pass the on my concerns to the person in charge of said raids, but there was no guarantee that they would not continue.

DeletedUser

We are not talking about fellowship members or neighbours dropping a few kp as a thank you, I have no problem with that at all. These are incidents where a fellowship actively searchs for random AWs to raid. The information is passed around to the fellowship members who are encouraged to go for chests in those particular AWs.

HI @magicka, my point is raid or no raid, what you put in an Ancient Wonder is what you get out of it. There is no theft involved here. If my fellowship is active in donating to each member's Ancient Wonder,no matter how small the amount, my fellow members will all get compensation relative to what they contributed. Of course if no one is bothered to contribute, they get nothing....and of course 'outsiders' spotting the Ancient Wonder will contribute and get the compensation... it's really very clear cut to me. Do nothing, get nothing. Make an effort, get compensated. Be you from within /without the fellowship doesn't make a difference.
And in the middle of all this, the Ancient Wonder owner wins every time. Just sits back to watch the fighting over who gets to spend first...

Gargon667

Mentor
And now you:
log on, build your city, have the occasional chat and participate in tournament and FA to help out your fellowship...
and on top of it you just got 50 free KP donated to your AWs! Oh no, they pushed some cheap buggers out that only donated 3 KP?

The only one who looses by all the new KP hunters are the old KP hunters lol. Which clearly is nothing you need to worry about! Let them compete over who can donate more to you!

I really don´t understand why you worry so much about your cheap fellows, that can´t be bothered to donate a worthwhile amount and why your FS refuses to put up a swap system, if it bothers you so much. You must be the only one bothered by it... Anyway you have all the tools necessary to prevent it from happening. Use them. Nowadays noone can use excuses that they are mobil only or have no access to messaging, even in the browser version it has become much more simple to donate. If you can´t get your fellows to use the tools, they clearly don´t give a crap. Either live with it or find a FS that does care.

DeletedUser9591

Every (or almost every FS) has players who build their AWs allowing to put KPs to any player (from FS and outside FS).

I would like to ask those who complain about raids/outsiders donating KPs to your fellows: are you sure, that every fellow in your FS shares the same opinion as yours? I do not believe that every player will agree with you. Then I see a bigger problem here, when some players treat other fellows as their property, e.g. their time spent playing, their effort, their AWs, etc... I genuinely dislike this attitude. In a well designed team decisions are made by collective agreement and not because somebody vocal or with self-assigned role (mage, AM) makes unilateral decision and demands others to follow :) same here, are you sure that you are representing every player in your FS? Those who object you are merely saying that there are multiple ways to deal with the raids/outsiders if you wish to do so.

There is no need to intimidate others, including the FS named in this thread and its AM. Will some players complain now that they are of the same size as others, but if other player gets significantly more points in tournaments they simply are cheating, stealing or taking something from them? Similar argument here...

This game does not allow to destroy something, take away, etc. hence argument that somebody is stealing something is false. The player can leave the FS, leave their city and return after while, surpise surprise, this city will be safe and sound (only thing to watch is inno policy re inactivity periods) and not made somebody's farm, what happens in many multiplayer games.

Advocating to lock something within FS (now AWs, then trades, later maybe players locking from leaving FS for few months, especially if they perform well??) will only further fighting about nothing :) If you are tired from this game, just make a break or change FS - it might give you a better experience :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3109

I find the fact that you feel that the persons complaining on this thread could be dictating to their fellowship members as to how to play their game is surprising.
I actually came to this thread due to complaints from fellow members regarding the raids on their AWs, to put our case to the Forum Not everyone in this game has the same opinion as to what type of game play suits them, but I find that I am the one being vilified here, many suggesting that our fellowship is the problem, that we are the weak link for letting the raiders take advantage of us.
So now I am confused, am I being dictatorial or am I being weak.
I am wondering who is "advocating to lock something within an Fs", I just came here to say that I am not happy with outsiders (not fellowship members or neighbours) bombarding my AWs, it's a simple as that. If I prefer that the rewards from my AWs go to fellowship members or neighbours rather than unknown players then that's my prerogative. I am the one being dictated to here by players telling me that they have the right to infiltrate my AWs, drop their kp and take chests that have already been claimed by my fellowship, just because they put in 1 more kp than the fellowship member. Why can't they go and donate to Aws that belong to people who prefer not to participate in kp swaps and just upgrade their AWs themselves, all chests would be available to them then, or does that take away the excitement of the hunt.

DeletedUser3109

And now you:

and on top of it you just got 50 free KP donated to your AWs! Oh no, they pushed some cheap buggers out that only donated 3 KP?

The only one who looses by all the new KP hunters are the old KP hunters lol. Which clearly is nothing you need to worry about! Let them compete over who can donate more to you!

I really don´t understand why you worry so much about your cheap fellows, that can´t be bothered to donate a worthwhile amount and why your FS refuses to put up a swap system, if it bothers you so much.

Gosh I'm glad you aren't a member of my fellowship Gargon with an attitude like that. Do you know me or my fellowship, I think not, and I don't know where you got the idea that my fellowship refuses to put up a swap system as you have stated. I think you must have me confused with someone else.

DeletedUser3109

You claim them when the AW is done. Untill then, it's open to everyone to drop in KP as they see fit.
There's plenty of solutions to the issue you (and apparently others?) are experiencing, yet you keep whinging on.

It's your problem to deal with, nobody else.

Oh my gosh, can you have anything more constructive to say to than "It's your problem, deal with it". If you don't like as you say "my whinging", why do you keep coming back to this thread.
I am allowed to have an opinion am I not, this is an open forum. Just because my game philosophy differs from yours, (Yes, I actually care about my fellowship members) you chose to vilify me.
Have a nice day or night wherever you may be.

Killiak

Artisan
Oh my gosh, can you have anything more constructive to say to than "It's your problem, deal with it". If you don't like as you say "my whinging", why do you keep coming back to this thread.
I am allowed to have an opinion am I not, this is an open forum. Just because my game philosophy differs from yours, (Yes, I actually care about my fellowship members) you chose to vilify me.
Have a nice day or night wherever you may be.

You are allowed to have a whingy opinion, absolutely. Just like I will tell you that your opinion is not based on any rules or in reality whatsoever. Not my problem that you don't like hearing it, but it is how it is. Claiming a victim role, by saying people vilify you when nobody is doing so, is not really helping you win any arguments either. It's actually rather ridiculous.

So I will simply repeat the constructive part of my post that you completely ignored because it doesn't fit your narrative;
There's plenty of solutions to the issue you (and apparently others?) are experiencing,

They have been mentioned several times, and if people want hunters/raiders/KP chasers to stop doing so in their fellowships, that is the way to go about it.
This non-issue has been on this forum several times already, and every time the conclusions is the same and Inno has not changed a thing.

Comprende?

DeletedUser3109

I understand very well Killiak, that you are obviously the type of person that needs to have the last word.
Don't worry, I shan't be back to this thread to bother you again.
As I said before, Have a Nice Day/Evening.;)

DeletedUser9591

I find the fact that you feel that the persons complaining on this thread could be dictating to their fellowship members as to how to play their game is surprising.
I actually came to this thread due to complaints from fellow members regarding the raids on their AWs, to put our case to the Forum Not everyone in this game has the same opinion as to what type of game play suits them, but I find that I am the one being vilified here, many suggesting that our fellowship is the problem, that we are the weak link for letting the raiders take advantage of us.
So now I am confused, am I being dictatorial or am I being weak.
I am wondering who is "advocating to lock something within an Fs", I just came here to say that I am not happy with outsiders (not fellowship members or neighbours) bombarding my AWs, it's a simple as that. If I prefer that the rewards from my AWs go to fellowship members or neighbours rather than unknown players then that's my prerogative. I am the one being dictated to here by players telling me that they have the right to infiltrate my AWs, drop their kp and take chests that have already been claimed by my fellowship, just because they put in 1 more kp than the fellowship member. Why can't they go and donate to Aws that belong to people who prefer not to participate in kp swaps and just upgrade their AWs themselves, all chests would be available to them then, or does that take away the excitement of the hunt.

With all due respect, I do not believe that your case is supported by every member in your FS :) It is very patronising thing to demand others to stay away only because they are not in your FS or imply that something belongs to your FS by definition. My time, my effort, my strategy in this game belongs to me, not to my FS. The AW donation system is build around the fact that every player can contribute.

I've noticed at least couple scenarios when raids are happening in the FS:
a) app only players before upgrades were introduced used to build their AWs themselves and then drop a message in the chat to say they are about to finish their AW and fellows can take the chests. When active KP threads are running in paralel fellows do not contribute the amounts to cover the rewards on offer and if app player leaves their AW for couple days open, the team from the outside might jump in and push out everybody else. Might be frustrating as for the fellows looking for extra KPs their KPs are wasted but it is fair play. This situation can be solved with better comms and withholding decent amount of KPs until chests are claimed, then completing the research without delays.
b) player inside FS, who does some research and leaves their AWs open to anybody, does not even bother to communicate to fellows that they plan to complete the research. Solution - do not contribute any KPs or ask player to drop a message if chests are still available.

KP swap is not an ideal system as well. Like in any team there will be players who will manage to get more and squeeze better pay offs with ultra competitive strategy. Simple comparison: player A who puts 100% research into KP swap will get better rewards than player B who does 50% themselves and puts the rest to the swap. There are many aspects to discuss, but it is up to your team to agree if they wish to do so. Another solution offered was to put equal amount or bit more than reward chest is worth. In non of the above appeals to you and your fellows, I would suspect that the team of more active players raid their own FS as they want to get easy KPs and now somebody else is coming from the outside and collects your easy KPs and maybe are pushing you out as well if you put couple points only. In this scenario, your silent and less active players benefit the most :) It is not a problem, not a theft, not a breach of the rules, but simply the feature of this game :) Only one solution to this situation is to lock AWs within FS, so that fellows could secure the chests with minimum effort and get better pay off :)

Because this topic is causing so many frustrations, it is better to complain about Inno - it is their decision to make the research of AWs almost impossible and it is their fault that they can not create the system where players could use excess runes or broken shards (many many many of them disappear after limit is reached in my city - so currently wasted) and create the system to convert them into KPs for AWs (logic extension of the use of special items) or any other alternative system allowing to make the research less onerous.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I understand very well Killiak, that you are obviously the type of person that needs to have the last word.
Don't worry, I shan't be back to this thread to bother you again.
As I said before, Have a Nice Day/Evening.;)

something with as pot and a kettle ;)

There are to many ways to prevent it and if you do not want to use them don't blame others.
I honesly can't see your point of vieuw, why is it so bad if people drop KP in your wonder?

Are you so extreme red winged that you can't handle anyone making a profit? and that any profit is evil?
Whats the issue?

Alcaro

Necromancer
I laughed a lot reading this thread and at the same time I am amazed how some players are really blind and deaf when solutions to their complaint is offered on a silver platter.
In my FS since we dropped the swap threads and use solely the Wonder Society system, we rarely see a poacher/ hunter/ fisher (lol). Why? Because there is no way on earth of someone to get anything from us - and they know it! We even have an intervention team in case an outsider dares to put more KPs. I think it's more than a half year since absolutely ALL rewards of our wonders stay in our FS.
On the other side, yeah ... I have my own hunting ground, I share information with my guildies, we donate a lot (like 20 KP for a 30 KP reward), we are not cheap a$$h***s :D.
I hope I will not get the argument of generations like someone else got it, cuz I will be forced to admit that actually I am not young anymore but I like to take the best out of this game and I also know how to. I dare to say - just grow up and grow some ba**s too. :D;):D:D

DeletedUser

hello everyone;)! just a quick reminder here: let's remember to share our opinions as best we can without falling into the trap of becoming aggressive in the tone/words of our posts. These are sensitive times, many of us have personal issues in their lives...The Elvenar game, its forum, & its community should remain an escape from pressure, not a jump into boiling water...

BlueBlou

Illusionist
There are different models of donating to AWs of which the kp threads are probably the best known. This is however not the only one. There is also one which I would like to call the low kp contribution one where for a very few kps someone can get a reward chest and the rest is completed by the owner. Both types have its pros and cons and both are workable models. If your fs uses one and my fs uses another one, it does not mean your fs is wrong and mine is right, or visa versa, nor does it mean there is bad communication in any of the two fellowships.

So whats the problem, a single unknown donator is likely not to swing the apple cart so to speak. The players that usually donate just 1 kp in an AW where there is potential that all the chests are not going to be claimed, is not the problem. (Please note that my terminology may also not be your terminology.)
The problem comes when 4 players (or any size group) from a different fs come and complete an AW, exact same contribution, and thereby displacing other players already on the list and grabbing the best rewards for themselves. This indicates a clearly premeditated action by an individual with multi cities or a coordinated action discussed in a fellowship. Probably laughing about their good fortune as well. This kind of action can be seen as stealing or a raid and it puts a blemish on the name of the fellowship these players are from.

Interestingly, I see player(s) commenting on this thread from fellowship(s) that I associate with this kind of activity on both Winyandor and Felyndral.

Has it happened to cities I play? Yes, it has. Will it easily happen again in future? Heck no, and your AM will get a mail from me even if he/she never answers it or rofl.

My plea, assume that you do not know what method or model another fellowship is following. If you want to help another player, it is only courteous to talk to them about it beforehand. You might actually make a friend in the process and then it is the win-win situation all round. Same goes for if you need a certain relic and your fellowship mates are all level 30 AWs, never hurts to ask and make a friend in the process.

DeletedUser4173

Well that there is your problem. Don't blame the system.
Who said I was blaming the system ???? Some people are just not interested in doing the kp thread, that's not say we don't have an active one and generally get all the chests.. Gee people get so worked up here, not necessary to make derogative remarks !!! Is SIMPLY an idea !!

Status
Not open for further replies.