• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonder chests raids

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSoul

Seeker
A BIG groan and moan regarding the new game 'pandemic' of gang raids on AWs, & no apologies if it's been previously stated. It's now so easy to see and access everyone's active AW builds, those Crazy FSs who've long had an evolutionary philosophy based on parasitism must have whooped with ecstatic joy - who needs a true battle aspect in the game when you can hand them the loot on a platter? This game is/WAS?! unique in that it dispensed with the thuggery and raiding seen in so many 'building' games, and actively promoted belonging to a Fellowship, belonging to a TEAM, to support each other and grow. An important part of that support is/was contributing to and sharing in AW chest rewards. I suspect now that even the most robust (and most aren't) KP exchange systems may be under threat when targetted by the growing number of parasitic FSs. Maybe it doesn't bother anyone else, but to me it is a 'crack' in the philosophical origins of the game.

DeletedUser3571

I don't see how others targeting you from outside your fellowship can ever compete with a proper kp swap system. Those you call raiders will only target you if they can see a profit (they can get more back then they put in), there shouldn't be any chest worth while if a swap system is going on.
Raiders will also tend to leave it to last minute so they wont be knocked off the chest themselves (from other raiders or the targets fs members), so if you want to give all the chest to your fellowship without your fellows putting in lots of kp then you might want to save adding the last 10% of the kp until you can put it all in at once, leaving the raiders no time.

Pauly7

Magus
Oh this is coming up again... it's been a little while.

To add my voice to what @pompeywolf and @Killiak have both said, your fellowship should, by now, have set up an effective KP swapping system... especially if this sort of thing still bothers you. If you do this no one can "raid" your bonus KPs because you will already have locked them in to your fellowship with the donors having donated much more than the rewards are worth.

Just for information, I don't get involved in any systematic targeting of other people's Wonders. This is mostly because I don't want to be antagonistic. However... and it's a big however... part of this game is about being able to freely donate to any Ancient Wonders that a player wants to. The recipient should see it as a bonus and be thankful. After all, these teams will only get involved where an AW has not had its rewards spoken for - they are helping you.

Pauly7

Magus
This game is/WAS?! unique in that it dispensed with the thuggery and raiding seen in so many 'building' games, and actively promoted belonging to a Fellowship, belonging to a TEAM, to support each other and grow.
Now I read back, I think this statement deserves a mention too. Talking about being part of a team that is supporting you and helping you grow is quite a contradictory statement if you are filling up your own Ancient Wonders with KPs and this team have not even donated enough to take the bonuses.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I don't understand something though:

Player A: Has 800/850 pts in his AW. All 800 points donated by Player A, who has no FS.
Fellowship X finds that AW.
Player B, C, D, E, F, G & H take the chests filling up the remaining 50 pts.
Fellowship X adds the prizes from the chests gained from those 50 pts invested at Player A's AW to their AW Society's overall bank.
Player A wins 50 pts out of the blue.

Elvenar Server releases rewards to Fellowship X upon that AW competition. Who is losing here? I never get the nature of these complaints. Everybody wins.

Many FS like ours respect swap-threads, so as @Killiak said, it is the FS problem.

However, again, who loses here?

DeletedUser3109

Now I read back, I think this statement deserves a mention too. Talking about being part of a team that is supporting you and helping you grow is quite a contradictory statement if you are filling up your own Ancient Wonders with KPs and this team have not even donated enough to take the bonuses.
I'd love to live in a real world where gangs would raid you non-stop, and compete with other gangs to... give you valuable stuff for free? Oh noes, can't have that, this has to be stopped! /s
I don't understand something though:

Player A: Has 800/850 pts in his AW. All 800 points donated by Player A, who has no FS.
Fellowship X finds that AW.
Player B, C, D, E, F, G & H take the chests filling up the remaining 50 pts.
Fellowship X adds the prizes from the chests gained from those 50 pts invested at Player A's AW to their AW Society's overall bank.
Player A wins 50 pts out of the blue.

Elvenar Server releases rewards to Fellowship X upon that AW competition. Who is losing here? I never get the nature of these complaints. Everybody wins.

Many FS like ours respect swap-threads, so as @Killiak said, it is the FS problem.

However, again, who loses here?
This is not about Player A who has no fellowship. This is about raider gangs who are targeting nearly completed AWs, and snatching chests already taken by fellowship members. They put in just enough kp to complete the level so that they themselves can not be bumped from the chest list. That to me is THEFT.

Pauly7

Magus
This is not about Player A who has no fellowship. This is about raider gangs who are targeting nearly completed AWs, and snatching chests already taken by fellowship members. They put in just enough kp to complete the level so that they themselves can not be bumped from the chest list. That to me is THEFT.
I don't know what the point of responding is when people just keep angrily saying the same things over and over even though the easy way to keep all your rewards has been discussed in this thread and every other one where it comes up.

Timneh

Artisan

If the FS members put in the same number of KP that they will get out the raiders would not target the AWs because to "steal" those chests the raiders would need to put in more than they will get out. I doubt they will target AWs where they will lose out.

DeletedUser3109

I guess a statement like that must come from a HUNTER. Can you please point out to me anywhere in the game rules that says AW hunting is allowed.
Obviously we have a very different outlook on the game.

DeletedUser4173

I agree, the new AW button and AW list it opens need to be removed as a matter of urgency.
I agree, the new AW button and AW list it opens need to be removed as a matter of urgency.
Hilarious Paladestar, one of the biggest AW raiders with 1kp, I actually believe there is some "program" that lets peeps know where to target (has been discussed), there is not enough time in the day to search all AW's. or some peeps are spending an inordinate amount of their gameplay simply looking for chests in AW's !!! why often it is the top players who do this, bored with the game ??? lol.. You can not get every person in an FS to use the kp thread so often peeps are filling their own AW's mostly.. Just seems oh bang someone outsider comes in at just the right moment ?!!!! I understand if people are looking for shards, but the 1kp thing does my head in too.. Nedslove is not doing a sob story, just stating how she feels !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.