• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features A repeat button for the cyclable-quests

• Thread starter DeletedUser7174
  • Start date

Deleted User - 341074

It would also be nice if we were given a little info from the devs on how the new system was progressing. So far all we know is that they are aware that the current system is a problem for players and are working on a new system. That has been the situation since the FAs were introduced. Surely they must have some idea of what they are going to do by now.
I have a theory:
They had some kinda crappy idea that half fixed it in the works. Then a totally different department (or subcontractor?) gave them the near-perfect system used in the Challenges events and now they can't launch a comparatively crap system for the FA.
Currently deciding if they should call those subs back to implement it in the FA for them, or say "screw it" and give us the half-arsed one they were already working on.

Here's the thing: If I'm wrong (or even just partially correct)then the devs know exactly how long a fix would take:
  • What day did they start work on the Challenges concept?
  • How many days between that day and January 8? (the day Challenges went Live)
That's' the maximum amount of time it will take to fix the FA.
There is simply no logical reason why implementing an existing system would take longer than making one from scratch.

CheesePlant

Seeker
I've just had a thought, how about on PC you click the circle icon within the quest button it expands another bar to the right of it containing just the quest icons, you can then quickly select which FA quest you want.

Deleted User - 341074

I've just had a thought, how about on PC you click the circle icon within the quest button it expands another bar to the right of it containing just the quest icons, you can then quickly select which FA quest you want.
Still inferior to the Challenges system where you just collect everything in your entire city and get credit for it.
This system exists.
They have the code.
They just need to care enough to put it together. Like 1 talented dude on his lunch break.

DeletedUser3097

Please keep this thread on-topic, Folks!

All feedback, ideas and suggestions (including this one) are passed onto the Development Team for their consideration.

What happens with the suggestions that have been made?
The Elvenar Team is reading your ideas and suggestions on a regular basis, and is forwarding the ones with most potential to be taken into consideration. This, however, does not mean that everything that's been forwarded can or will also be implemented. The Elvenar Team gets a lot of suggestions, and always has to make choices about what to implement - on top of any ideas that they already have themselves!

Timneh

Artisan
All feedback, ideas and suggestions (including this one) are passed onto the Development Team for their consideration.

We are all well aware of that but it would be nice if we actually got a little feedback from the devs about what is happening with those ideas and suggestions (if anything). At the end of every announcement it says we look forward to hearing your feedback, well how about they give us a little feedback ? This idea for a repeat button will be forwarded to the devs but i very much doubt we will ever hear anything about it from the devs as to if they like it or will just dismiss it.

Pauly7

Magus
It would also be nice if we were given a little info from the devs on how the new system was progressing. So far all we know is that they are aware that the current system is a problem for players and are working on a new system. That has been the situation since the FAs were introduced. Surely they must have some idea of what they are going to do by now.
I'm recent times the devs have been particularly quiet in all things. They never did talk to us, but it seems to me that there have been hardly any messages sent to us via the mods at all for a long time like we used to get.

These days our only updates are via the new release notes which by their nature are talking about things that have already happened. Most other titbits of information come from other players passing on what has been said on the Beta forum.

Paladestar

Enchanter
I have a theory:
They had some kinda crappy idea that half fixed it in the works. Then a totally different department (or subcontractor?) gave them the near-perfect system used in the Challenges events and now they can't launch a comparatively crap system for the FA.
Currently deciding if they should call those subs back to implement it in the FA for them, or say "screw it" and give us the half-arsed one they were already working on.

Here's the thing: If I'm wrong (or even just partially correct)then the devs know exactly how long a fix would take:
  • What day did they start work on the Challenges concept?
  • How many days between that day and January 8? (the day Challenges went Live)
That's' the maximum amount of time it will take to fix the FA.
There is simply no logical reason why implementing an existing system would take longer than making one from scratch.

It'd really take them next to no time at all. I had a little poke and play around and had my own working prototype solution within in a few hours. Image how fast the actual game devs could do it if they focused on it...

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
It'd really take them next to no time at all. I had a little poke and play around and had my own working prototype solution within in a few hours. Image how fast the actual game devs could do it if they focused on it...
Im pretty sure the devs would love to tackle this also, but arent allowed to because they must do other things first. I blame management (i always do :p )