• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other 12 Point poll. No winners/no losers. Suggestions and changes

What would you like to see? Pick as many as you like.

• Total voters

DeletedUser3032

1. Many players are cheating, it is not just isolated on EN servers.
2. Hot subject, currently work is being done on removing inactive accounts but there are still many 1000's of players who are inactive at every stage of the game research, which the removal system does not cater for. Thus loads of inactive accounts, diamond players and those passed chapter 3.
3. Rules are rules and should be enforced. However, they are very vaguely written, so players who cheat knowingly or not get a way from being punished. Players get the benefit of the doubt regardless of how obvious it is. Example pushing accounts.
4. Many fan sites have asked this before so I'm told. They have bigger followings than the official communities for the game. It makes sense to me.
5. Always a favourite of the live video sessions, but is it relevant? There are a countless amount of questions being asked before they start and during the live feed, but very few if any get answered.
6. Goes hand in hand with number 5. Maybe developers every so often can give direct feedback on the hot ideas/suggestions on the forums.
7. It costs a lot of money to run game servers, browser game or not. But wouldn't it be more financially beneficial to have lower prices throughout the year, possibly reducing the amount of 100% days. A lot of people miss these because they appear randomly dependent on several factors so I'm told, and not everyone comes online every day. £74.99 for the largest diamond pack is extremely expensive. A lower price will potentially produce more frequent and steady sales around the year, and not just when the bonus ones come up.
8. Copying, massive bug bear for most. Especially when posting links to content to help users. Must be an easy solution for this. You need to post a link to explain to them how to copy in the first place :)
9. One big server, with x2/3 building and production speeds. This is done in many games to allow the slightly impatient players to advance through the game quicker. One account only though, as you'd be full within days from everyone currently playing in other worlds. Do not want 100k unique players with 5 accounts each on it.
10. Everyone loves cats unless you are a cat, in which case you should move to China.
11. Sort of a global chat. 20x20 provinces for example. One improvement would be with trading. Example,

Player A wants 2k marble for 2k planks
Player A speaks to Player B who is 20 cities a way.
Player B checks his trade window.
Player B sees that Player C 20 cities a way has 2k marble for 2k planks.
Player B buys 2k marble for 2k planks from Player C.
Player B sells Player A 2k marble for 2k planks.
Player A has the marble, Player B has the planks back and Player C is a happy bunny because the marble is picked up and now has planks.

This would especially help big players who are trading huge amounts instead of splitting things up into small pieces.

12. Mini-game: Could be anything. Example, a unique item which needs to be constantly traded amongst players. It has an initial fee of 50k coins and increases each time it's listed for sale. When the item is sold you do not get your fee back initially. If it stops for more than 10 minutes without being listed and bought in the trader, each player it has passed through does not get their fee back from the purchase. Then it starts again the following day. If it reaches 200 unique players then there is a reward given to each player who took part, including the fee they paid for the unique item. Every 20 players after 200 the reward goes up until a maximum has been reached or X time has elapsed. Mini-game restarts following day. Rewards do not have to be stupidly high. It would just keep people active for a bit longer to see if the unique item pops up for trade in their neighbourhood or fellowship. Then if the developers are good, each day a map could be produced with some statistics to show where it went on the map and how quickly it got moved on. Would be easy to get 25 players from same FS to do it quickly, the problem will come when it needs to be picked up by someone in the neighbourhood of the 25th person holding it lol. Unique item disappears at the end of losing the game. OR if the item is still being passed around when the time has elapsed, then that player holding it has to restart it the following day. If they do not post the unique item to restart by X time the following day, it restarts automatically with 1/2 the time limit allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3337

1. Disgusting!
2. Current criteria to remove or not remove simply suxthedux.
3. Rules should never be vague!
4. This forum lacks a magical feeling, it feels like zombiezone sometimes, low energy, just like the game.
5. I saw an interesting gif about an unicorn this week.
6. Buffie don't you have the strange feeling some sacked dev from BB started working for Inno?
7. I agree
8. Just another way of them to enforce some kind of censor
9. Would at least give me the feeling that the game is alive.
10. Cats are the most beautiful, precious, lovely, warm and naughty creatures on this planet!
11. Global chat ... can be a good and a bad thingy.

*PURRSSSS*

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
2. Inactive players would be very deceived if after spending 2 months in a hospital in coma, their 2-years-work city has vanished in the air... for legal reasons, Inno can't remove premium cities because a deal is a deal, even if you don't use anymore what you bought... the car shop can't take back your car if you stop using it for a month... virtual bought are legally equal to real ones.

But... inactive players could be pushed to the border...

DeletedUser3032

Understand that to a degree. But Inno reserves the right to remove anyone. I'm pretty sure that your not even entitled to refunds either. I'd be pee'd off if I spent money and account has been removed. So keeping their city somewhere in the clouds is the way to go about it.

DeletedUser3337

I have played another Inno game for 2 years, Grepolis.
They removed any inactive player after 30 days even if they had invested money.

sunrae

Soothsayer
1. Many players are cheating, it is not just isolated on EN servers.
Hi, I have played for nearly 2 years and I have not encountered obvious cheating, maybe I'm just lucky in my worlds or maybe I do not have the expertise to detect it. I am sure that it goes on of course as there are people in all walks of life who think nothing of cheating. I think if anyone knows a particular player is cheating they should be reported and the powers that be should ban them from playing either for a limited time or for all time. I agree this requires a simple set of rules everyone is aware of, maybe on the front page of the forum, and the forum should be brought to the attention of new players when they sign up. I had no idea there was a forum for a very long time after I started:confused:

9. One big server, with x2/3 building and production speeds. This is done in many games to allow the slightly impatient players to advance through the game quicker. One account only though, as you'd be full within days from everyone currently playing in other worlds. Do not want 100k unique players with 5 accounts each on it.
I play 5 cities. I opened up each new city at a time when the game was particularly slow at the stage I was at. I do not agree that we should only be allowed one city each. Each of my cities is played slightly differently from the other having learned from mistakes and also wishing to experiment with various ways of playing. Perhaps I have misunderstood you in this? I do believe more players would leave the game if only allowed to play one city.

DeletedUser3032

Hi, I have played for nearly 2 years and I have not encountered obvious cheating, maybe I'm just lucky in my worlds or maybe I do not have the expertise to detect it. I am sure that it goes on of course as there are people in all walks of life who think nothing of cheating. I think if anyone knows a particular player is cheating they should be reported and the powers that be should ban them from playing either for a limited time or for all time. I agree this requires a simple set of rules everyone is aware of, maybe on the front page of the forum, and the forum should be brought to the attention of new players when they sign up. I had no idea there was a forum for a very long time after I started:confused:

You have to look for it tbh. There is a thread here but it's been closed (dunno why) :)

There's players with loads of wonders, 99% of the KP getting ploughed into them are from their alt accounts. They send resources to them from their main, do the tournaments cheaply and pass the KP to their main account wonders. Someone who got checked out and had their AWs calculated worked out over 50,000kp had been put into their wonders. Their alt accounts are very basic, no wonders themselves so cannot have any KP returned. Think one person had 5/6 alt accounts. So there is no chance of competing fairly against them.

I play 5 cities. I opened up each new city at a time when the game was particularly slow at the stage I was at. I do not agree that we should only be allowed one city each. Each of my cities is played slightly differently from the other having learned from mistakes and also wishing to experiment with various ways of playing. Perhaps I have misunderstood you in this? I do believe more players would leave the game if only allowed to play one city.

It would be a one off server. Having more than 1 account would just make it just like all the other servers. Keep it unique with 1 account per player and it would give everyone a chance to have an account who play on servers already. It would be the biggest server for several reasons. 1 it's quicker, 2 there will be much more people in it, 4 more trades, 5 more fellowships and 6 a hell of a lot less inactive accounts. Servers have player limits so they would need to keep this in mind. With the server limit in EN servers set at 100k and I believe US is 110k, you could expect a lot of those on their own to create an account on this server, then you have players from 20+ other servers joining. So unless they can get something daft like 500k (probably dooable) it would be full within 2/3 days if the user limit was set low like EN+US servers.

Loads of people play more than 1 world at present and some have multiple accounts in the same worlds. If they go inactive, the chances are they are not playing any of the worlds they are in. So 1 person = 2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 inactive in 1 or more worlds. 10 accounts could mean 100 inactive players. With the purge of inactive accounts in Winyandor, we have had 20-30k players removed. This could be just 2000-3000 unique players if you know what I mean.

[I hope this is not a penalty offence :)]

Last edited by a moderator: