• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

You knew it was coming....

Kazzandra

Alchemist
There’s
I know this debate it old news now, but my thoughts, as I am here, just briefly...

I honestly don't have any issue with the output changes of the AWs, and I don't really have any problem with the CCs and spell fragment costs. Sorry, I know that sounds controversial. This is partly because I have mellowed massively during my time in the wilderness and I am very much more of the frame of mind that whatever decisions they make, hey let's just go for it and see how we cope and adapt. However, it isn't just that.

Somewhere back there, someone (or some people) talked about how long it would take to upgrade every AW to level 35 and how it was unreasonable how long that might take. I think that line of thought may miss the point slightly. Right at the very start of this, Inno explained how it had become way too easy to upgrade AWs, and how they were always intended to be aspirational things that took lots of time to accomplish. So I would say the idea is that you are meant to pick some of the wonders that match your style and work on those, and know that even they will take some time.

When the AWs were first conceived of, for those that remember back that far, they were tough to upgrade. KP came from your hourly KP timer and it came from tournaments. It was much harder to score big in tournaments. I remember placing first on the server with a tournament score of 5,900. And that wasn't on a difficult week. Back then most fellowships struggled to make 40k for the blueprint. An individual tournament score of 1,500 - 2,000 was considered a good contribution. These days a score of 10k won't even make the top 50. So... if someone had a level 27 Sanctuary, it would take 5 or more weeks to upgrade it because KP was the limiting factor.

These days, people are averaging triple or quadruple the KP from tournaments. There are all sorts of evolving buildings giving out KP. There are KP instants. There are rewards everywhere. KP is no longer a limiting factor. So what they did was put the brakes on everyone by charging spell fragments and CCs. That level 27 Sanctuary can still be upgraded in 4 or 5 weeks. They have just slowed it back down again. Especially with the recent cost reduction, I don't think it's that unreasonable.

Sure, they want people to spend money to buy diamonds to make things easier. That's always going to be the case. But that brings on my next point, which is how freely available diamonds are now. Back in those days I mentioned, the only way to get diamonds was to buy them. Literally. Now, they come in their hundreds from Spire, from mystical objects, from genies, from other rewards. Inno shot themselves in the foot. They should have left diamonds as premium currency and they probably wouldn't need to take these other steps to try to make people use up their supplies.

However... my big issue is the Royal Restoration cost for the the big upgrades at level 16, 21, etc. As I mentioned in my other post, my own game position is like this - I have 49 Royal Restoration spells in hand. I am shortly going to move to a new chapter where I will need 914 of them to upgrade all my evolving buildings, etc to the new chapter. So, for me, I am now never going to upgrade another AW to one of those big levels, and I am never going to build a new one. To me, RRs are just too valuable for upgrading culture buildings.

Now, I realise that for others this may be completely different. Maybe there aren't many people like me that have every evolving building ever released in their city. Maybe many people are happy to just ditch culture buildings and replace them with the next one. However, that is not for me. So, for my personal journey, I am only really disappointed that they made AW upgrades cost RRs. Because in my opinion, this is not what they are for.

I realise that what I say is slightly hypocritical. Obviously I, too, can use all these extra accrued diamonds to purchase more RR spells. So I am not going to condemn Inno's decisions, even on this point. I will just say that this is where I, personally, am disappointed, because this is how it affects my own game adversely.

The one real problem is the imbalance between new and old players, as many others have already mentioned. These new costs only affect you if you haven't yet built and upgraded those wonders. How is this solved? It can't be. Will this put off new players? Maybe, or maybe not. Maybe players will accept they are never going to get that high powered. That's for Inno to reconcile with themselves. Because the future of the game depends on it.

Paul
no way to respond to your opinions without getting editted. Broken forum rules. Yada, yada, yada…

Sorry. No more comment

SkyRider99

Immortal
unless we buy masses amounts of diamonds to get more ‘stuff’ - hey wait, (massive sarcasm alert) could that actually be inno’s dastardly plan all long????
Not at all @Anni-Lizzie. :rolleyes:

1711926816092.png

:D

Kazzandra

Alchemist
If that was Inno's plan @Anni-Lizzie it definitely backfired . I have spent quite a lot of money in the past but when the AW changes hit I decided never to buy anything again. There's no way I can get large amounts of RRs so as soon as I hit that level on an AW I will be stuck for eternity.
I as well, spent a lot of money. However, I am ignorant about how much others have spent. As a result, I don’t know how to calculate how much is enough.

There was a time way back when, I spent less because as a beginner and mid-level player, I didn’t need to spend more. I concluded that “higher-level “ players needed to spend more. They needed more diamonds to expand, to develop, to move forward, as if we were “catching up “ to others I perceived were in a place I wanted to join.

In my head, it was a competitive drive. Moreover, I acknowledged these players were strangers. Why did my perception change? Because they felt less like strangers as I benefited from the content in the forums from their experiences. Furthermore, I experienced a kind of condescending attitude, a prejudice, by those few who put me down because as an early chapter player, they didn’t think my opinions carried validity.

Now, after years of absorbing forum content, I find it interesting so many I listened to, are no longer posting. It is a void. I blame the changes for this mass exodus that I did not see coming. Therefore, while others express the changes aren’t a big deal, adapt and play, I honestly miss both the depth and the girth of what these forums used to provide.

One only has to go to the archives in order to justify my point. Creating chapter 22 after these changes will not affect the overall gameplay experience that both discord and the AW changes have wrought. The discourse was not only divided, but severely lessened, and the comments depreciation hurt the overall experience.

OldHag

Necromancer
I really don't think anyone saw the impact of the changes coming, well anyone at InnoGames that is.
I think of InnoGames the same way I do as phone scammers, so I treat them accordingly. Sometimes I like to play along, other times not so much. All depends on the day of the week and how much coffee I've had.....lol
I'm fairly highly ranked (16) now that so many others who were way ahead of me have quit and all without spending a penny.
Tortoise V The Hare, it's only a matter of time before I'm number one......lol ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Anni-Lizzie

Spellcaster
I’d love to know from the inside just how many numbers playing have dropped. My map is literally half full of coin neighbors. Trades especially for high chapter required goods through the merchant are so slow you loose more through decay before you can actually build up requirements for chapter research. The number of fellowships advertising for members is pretty large. I think the first big wave of exodus was the disgusted group… the next group to leave will the ones that can’t progress because it’s too hard - who wants to play a game that is so two dimensional that it is just harvests and neighborly help. Those that will hang on longer will be the dreamers (that hope things will swing back to sanity), and those that have amazing fellowships full of support. Guess I want to be a dreamer… for now at least.

Anni-Lizzie

Spellcaster
It's not just me then @Anni-Lizzie? My city is near the edge of the World Map, and I've always had about 100 'coin neighbours', aka zombie cities. But recently the number of zombies seems to be increasing. I thought maybe I was imagining it, since I'm not OCD enough to actually keep an accurate count. :cool:
Nope, I don’t share a map with any of my fellowship members, yet they too are reporting the same. Although one recently go moved. My zombie cities escalated after covid and has been rising ever since, but now have taken a huge jump again.

McBratty

Enchanter
Ive definitely noticed a marked drop in the Trader in all my three cities. Also the number of neighbours visiting has dropped off considerably. Previously people who were dissatisfied with the game would just abandon their cities. Now, however we are seeing masses who have actually deleted their cities/account with no intention of returning. With so many of the larger cities leaving the game, it makes it more difficult for those further down the food chain to get the trades they need snapped up. Everyone suffers with this.

OldHag

Necromancer
I've recently noticed a bunch of gold mines to the north and east of my city have appeared, and it's no wonder really as to the east of my map there is absolutely nothing. My trader is mainly empty, ever so slightly annoying.
I can't help but feel they've moved me (as an older player) closer to the edge in the hope I might drop off......lol ;)

Anni-Lizzie

Spellcaster
I've recently noticed a bunch of gold mines to the north and east of my city have appeared, and it's no wonder really as to the east of my map there is absolutely nothing. My trader is mainly empty, ever so slightly annoying.
I can't help but feel they've moved me (as an older player) closer to the edge in the hope I might drop off......lol ;)
Surely not?