• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

valle

Soothsayer
Levelling only military AWs + GA to lvl 30 is 200k+ of KP. Even with the tournaments giving that much it still takes years to get there. In my opinion it's better for the health of the game when you don't have to make a several years plans based on the existing content and not even accounting for the additions we get each half a year.

Or maybe getting an AW to level 30 should be considered an achievment and not something one should expect every player to do in a relative short time.

It's much faster from the app. Same as with the NH, even if you mostly play from the PC it's a good idea to switch to the phone for some of the tasks.

My phone ain't capable of doing it, and I'll not buy a new one to play a game a bit more efficient.

valle

Soothsayer
The thing is, the game used to be much simpler with less things going on. No one got huge tournament scores. We built our cities and waited for things to happen. It was then the decision of the development team to introduce all these things you are talking about, including powerful pets, and also to have events, and other ways to gain resources, going on constantly. The Spire was also introduced. The reason for all this is they want people to be entertained 100% of the time. As soon as they put all these things in place, though, people design whole strategies around it which takes a long time and sometimes people's money. Any point that they then backflip and pull the rug out, is always going to be an emotional thing.

So we are talking about people that have problems to adapt to a changing environment. I guess they also were upset when tournament was introduced as it also made their old strategies 'worthless'. Now I start to see why there are always so much complaining going around on this forum. Anything that changes the game is bad as it forces people to adjust their cities. I actually prefer changes as it would be very boring if my city reached a state of perfection. What else would there be to do then?

Pauly7

Magus
So we are talking about people that have problems to adapt to a changing environment. I guess they also were upset when tournament was introduced as it also made their old strategies 'worthless'. Now I start to see why there are always so much complaining going around on this forum
There's so much more to this, but I don't even want to continue this conversation anymore, as you keep calling it complaining. So my last comment on it is - this is feedback. It's what they want from players. Without player input the right kind of progression could never happen. Then people such as yourself who never "complain" would just end up leaving the game because it would more quickly turn into something you don't like. Either way, if you're not interested in reading about players' feedback then reading the Beta thread is probably not the thing to do.

valle

Soothsayer
My impression is that this thread is for discussing what is happening in the beta, and not to give feedback to the developers. Feedback to the developers is probably best posted on the beta forum. I wouldn't count on what is written here ever comes to the developers attention.

Errandil

Conjurer
So we are talking about people that have problems to adapt to a changing environment. I guess they also were upset when tournament was introduced as it also made their old strategies 'worthless'.
We are talking about the good part of the game economy being built around the tournaments for years, which resulted in heavy time and money investments into this area. And now devs are trying to throw all this out of the window, at the same time making all the investments at best less useful and sometimes actually punishing. On top of that even if you can delete AWs that are now hurting you, it's impossible to remove premium expansions you've spent money on. Willing to adapt and being ok with finding out that a good part of what you've spent time and money on is now useless are a bit different things in my opinion. I can adapt if they just suddenly cut tournament rewards, but I'm totally not ok with Inno suddenly punishing me for my previous actions.

Timneh

Artisan
My impression is that this thread is for discussing what is happening in the beta, and not to give feedback to the developers. Feedback to the developers is probably best posted on the beta forum. I wouldn't count on what is written here ever comes to the developers attention.

If they didn't want feedback from the live servers why did they put out an announcement about the changes and ask for feedback on the live servers ?
Also we have to give feedback on this thread as we are not allowed to talk about things in beta anywhere else on this forum.

C-Nymph

Necromancer

Discussing what is happening in beta is exactly what is being done here. The fact that you don't appreciate other's opinions on it, doesn't make what is being said any less valuable. Feedback is being given, wanted or not, and in this case unfortunately mostly negative feedback, simply because the changes are not really something to celebrate. Whether or not the feedback is communicated back to the devs remains unknown. But either way, it doesn't seem like the devs care what is being said anyway (not even if it's posted on the beta forums), as they seem to do what they want regardless of feedback.

So far the only complaining I've seen was from you, complaining that other players should not voice their opinion the way they did, or at least not in a negative way. We should all be celebrating change of course!
Anyway, I look forward to hearing your real opinion as soon as changes are rolled out to live servers and you'll experience it first hand. Would be interesting to see if you're then still so pro-change as you are now.

valle

Soothsayer
So far the only complaining I've seen was from you, complaining that other players should not voice their opinion the way they did, or at least not in a negative way. We should all be celebrating change of course!

I don't know where you get that from. I've got no problem that people are saying anything. I just don't agree with what some people write here. The same way as I assume you don't agree with most I write.

DeletedUser7526

I don't know where you get that from. I've got no problem that people are saying anything. I just don't agree with what some people write here. The same way as I assume you don't agree with most I write.
Just don’t use adjectives like whinny / complainers. Most of the people know the numbers and analyse them deeply before writing.
I respect Pauly7 as a knowledgeable gamer. And thanks to people like them, a decent version might roll out.
So, first thing I would thank them for what they are doing, and feedback is something the company requests (including yours, and I respect that). If a better version comes out, I owe it to the testers and feedback providers.

CrazyWizard

Shaman

You are partially right and partially wrong,

All CM's worldwide are collecting feedback every week, and discuss those with eachother and the development team.
Your CM is the only connection from players to the dev team.
So to show your voice on live could have an impact.

They are quite aware this is a major change with major impact, now is the international server english like the US server and the Beta server, but how do the german, spanish and eastern block countries respond to these changes?

It is important that people voice there opinion because when things go live, they are in general speaking "finished" and development is closed.
Once this hits live some people will be in for a surprise which might result in a drastic choices.

Emotion is a bitch, for one I for 2 years long had refused to spend a single penny in this game thanks to the change in expanson prices.
I think harvest(harvest set) or easter event(Fire Phoenix) depending who came first was the first time I spend money again in a long long time, recently I spend some money again to buy an expansions when it was discounted and I canme a bit short on diamonds to buy them.

This choice now bites me.
Since this change has the biggest impact on the very active and / or paying customers the impact might be quite severe for the game itself.
People with high tournament scores are more than often paying customers

valle

Soothsayer
Emotion is a bitch, for one I for 2 years long had refused to spend a single penny in this game thanks to the change in expanson prices.
I think harvest(harvest set) or easter event(Fire Phoenix) depending who came first was the first time I spend money again in a long long time, recently I spend some money again to buy an expansions when it was discounted and I canme a bit short on diamonds to buy them.

I guess it depends on how much harder it will get for 1 extra expansion. If it's a tiny amount I really can't see it as a big problem. The only thing I've seen written about it is that Inno figures your performance in Tournament will profit by that expansion but not as much as if they hadn't made it increase the difficulty a bit.

Parhaps they reason like this. The extra difficulty of that expansion will decrease your number of victorious fights by 1. But that extra expansion will let you produce goods enough to cater 2 extra fights. That way that expansion will make it possible for you to do 1 more step than without it. So you will still benefit from the expansion, but not as much as without the increased difficulty.

DeletedUser7526

I guess it depends on how much harder it will get for 1 extra expansion. If it's a tiny amount I really can't see it as a big problem. The only thing I've seen written about it is that Inno figures your performance in Tournament will profit by that expansion but not as much as if they hadn't made it increase the difficulty a bit.

Parhaps they reason like this. The extra difficulty of that expansion will decrease your number of victorious fights by 1. But that extra expansion will let you produce goods enough to cater 2 extra fights. That way that expansion will make it possible for you to do 1 more step than without it. So you will still benefit from the expansion, but not as much as without the increased difficulty.
Not true. There is real analysis. And real numbers. I request you to study them first before making a statement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7526

Almost every time there is a new event or a new feature or a changed feature you mostly see complaining on this forum. Often by the same people.
Probably only few people calculate the exact efficiency (per tile value through and through: population, culture, supplies, population+culture for supplies and space for population for population+culture for supplies etc) . And provide feedback.
It was a very strategic game once. And those things mattered.

valle

Soothsayer

In none of the links you gave me it said anything about how much difficulty increased by adding one premium expansion.

But from one link it said this about difficulty levels.
" province 30 = last boss in spire map 3 "

I normally have no problems beating that boss so given that I figure tournament will be doable longer than province 30.

CrazyWizard

Shaman

1 expansion or 1 wonderlevels on it's own obviously doesnt make that much of a difference.

But you rarily see 1 of both, expansion ad a modest number but 30 times a modest number is a pretty large number.
Similar with wonderlevels, these add only a tiny bit, but 700 times a tiny bit is an awefull lot.

Then when you multiply those modest and tony numbers that become a big number it becomes a whole new situation, no longer is something a modest or a tiny change.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
In none of the links you gave me it said anything about how much difficulty increased by adding one premium expansion.

I normally have no problems beating that boss so given that I figure tournament will be doable longer than province 30.

Ditto (in S&D), it takes the right AWs, the right boost buildings, and the right units. Win easy all three rounds from the final Spire boss. All my Magic Residences, and WS, plus my spire sets and some junk around, and in my book (WINYANDOR if you wanna check.) For my beta little chapter IV account its easier so far. So I figure that it will punish bigger accounts with expansions and high leveled AWs...

Timneh

Artisan
I guess it depends on how much harder it will get for 1 extra expansion. If it's a tiny amount I really can't see it as a big problem

The question is why are they punishing players that support the game by buying diamonds at all? Making things harder for the people that help to keep this game going is counterproductive, you upset them and they might stop buying diamonds, if Innos income drops by a large enough amount the game can not be funded and those devs that came up with the idea of making things harder for the players that keep the game afloat might find themselves out of a job. One premium expansion might not make a big difference but globally there are a lot of players that have all premium expansions and all res and workshops are premium and all AWs at high levels paid for with diamonds, those players are going to notice a big difference.
Seeing as you think that all feedback about this change should only be on the Beta forum i suggest if you have not done so already you should go and read the Beta forum feedback thread about it.

DeletedUser7526

Here are some basic numbers. For last spire boss, I have to use 7.5 squads/slot. That’s 37.5 squads total. And note here that the opponents are 215% roughly to your SS. So many beta people faced unwinnable situations. Say going 5 rounds, in a few such provinces, I faced 6 defeats. That’s 37.5x6 = 225 squads (bye bye )
(Another equivalent scenario : 12 such victories with 50% troop loss)

Spire is fine as it’s limited. Tourney is unlimited, in the sense any player can at least get a good run for the kp once in awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maillie

Spellcaster
I have a Chapter 16 city in beta and I can tell you that this is NOT a good thing for many higher level fellowships. The ones that are thinking that this is so much easier haven't played it yet. Anyone thinking it's faster hasn't played it yet.

Currently in my Winyandor city, which is in the same chapter, I have nearly 4000 points. If my fellowship needs it on Saturday (doesn't look like it, but it has happened before) I can push well into the 50th provinces, or beyond, if I need to. In my beta city I have finished one round and my score is 996. The tournament "should be" easier there, it's a much smaller city and has a lot fewer AW's. By the 26th province I was dumping troops into it and gave up.

In the first round in the new fighting it starts out very simply, about equivalent to early Round 1 now. This does not last long and has a very steep incline in difficulty, at least for my level.

You have no clue what troops are going to be needed from one fight to the next. This throws the "faster" element right out the door. There are no more easy fights with only 1 or maybe 2 enemies, ALL fights have mixtures of 5 enemies. There goes the "easier" element.

Catering isn't something I do, other than when seeing a nasty lineup of enemies that I know will chomp on too many troops, so there is a possibility that someone from the catering world might think that it's better. I can't argue that point one way or the other. I do know that when there were 4 fights per province I could send in troops to 3 of them and cater a 4th if need be. That option is gone now, you are either fighting or catering the province.