• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion The May Celebrations Event

Sir Derf

Adept
Are we seriously having this question again?

Why compare it to the events of a year ago, for a game that has a yearly sequence of events that last different lengths of time and contain different numbers of quests? You are comparing the recent few and extrapolating a trend in isolation, while I am suggesting comparing the current portion of a cycle with the previous portion of the cycle.

It's like business or economics analysis comparing month-to-month performance versus year-over-year (I think that's the right term).

Elvenar has had a multi-year history of annual large and small events. I think the proper analysis of if they are trending with longer or smaller events is to compare the variations of the yearly cycles, and not the variations of the event-to-event sequence.

Pauly7

Magus
Also we had considerable feedback about the Mystical Object rewards during events as players preferred the chance to win diamonds rather than the event currency. So this has not changed for this event and still holds the normal rewards......thought you may like to know!
On this topic - I noticed that my latest Mystical Object choices now have a possibility of two things, both with 50% chance of winning. This suggests to me that all that has happened is that event currency has been removed from the equation. Given that you said the event currency was being removed due to players' preference to win diamonds, should I not now see diamonds as a possible prize?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
On this topic - I noticed that my latest Mystical Object choices now have a possibility of two things, both with 50% chance of winning. This suggests to me that all that has happened is that event currency has been removed from the equation. Given that you said the event currency was being removed due to players' preference to win diamonds, should I not now see diamonds as a possible prize?
Diamonds are always only an option in every other Mystical Object. So one will contain a chance-of-diamonds, the next will not, the next will, etc. Which makes it possible that you are now looking at the one not containing the possible diamonds. Collect that one and you should see diamonds pop up in the next.

Pauly7

Magus
Diamonds are always only an option in every other Mystical Object. So one will contain a chance-of-diamonds, the next will not, the next will, etc. Which makes it possible that you are now looking at the one not containing the possible diamonds. Collect that one and you should see diamonds pop up in the next.
Yes, but specifically the event currency was being removed due to players' preference for diamonds, so I would think that there would now be a diamond option in place of any event currency. As there are only two options to win that suggests that it was calculated with event currency in mind, which was then just straight removed - similar to what happens with pending Mystical Objects at the point an event ends.

My point is that something has been removed, supposedly at people's request, but nothing else has been added.

So the question should be - did players say that they would prefer a better chance of winning some Winter Lampions (or some such) to event currency? I suspect not.

Hekata

Artisan
supposedly at people's request,
Supposedly being the key word. There were a some people advocating against the currency in MO but there were also people who liked it. To be fair there was also a 3rd group advocating for more currency. There was no unanimity on this.
Personally I saw no downside to the currency it those chests since we could stack them. I away delayed opening them until the last days of the event and then if I thought I need more currency I'd try to get it there and if I didn't need more I'd just wait for event to end. I don't see what the bid deal was in waiting the end of the event to open chests.

I suspect the real reason the currency was removed was precisely because of stacking. People would stop opening chest way ahead of an event and potentially then up with a lot more free currency than intended. If I remember correctly, you needed 500 diamonds to buy 100 currency, and you could get 150-200 in the chests.

Pauly7

Magus
To confirm players had asked for the event currency to be removed from the Mystical Object, so that is what we have done. Other than that the rotation is the same, no changes.
And this is what sometimes happens when people wish for change. Inno grants half the wish, but finds a way to downgrade it. It reminds me of the movie Bedazzled.

I feel like I have been generally negative lately. That's not my intention. It's just a product of being in the midst of a really disappointing event.

DeletedUser3571

So I have got to the quest "

Recruit a huge amount of Units or Invest 10 Knowledge Points in any Ancient Wonder
Produce a good amount of Marble, Steel or Planks
And I dropped a 10kp AW instant into my neighbours Elvenar Trade Centre.
Alas, the quest claims that I have not achieved the "invest 10 KP" half of the requirement.
What is the problem here please? Is it a bug?
Not sure if this is the same but in my city it says in "your own" wonder, so it could be for that reason.

m4rt1n

Adept
Perfect @Hekata and yes 50 seeds

So why yesterday did I get 2 emails, one for 50 seeds and the other for a chance to win between 50 and 500 seeds.

Today I got the one that worked, the one for a chance of 50-500 seeds. I assumed there should have been 2 emails as they were different, so two different offers.
mayemail1.jpg
mayemail2.jpg

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
Recently I went into the data usage menu and made sure that everything was ticked, including "Receive e-mails about game events, features and offers as well as news about our other games". Is that what you mean by subscribe?

On a side note I've also given up trying to stop my email server from sending anything from Innogames to junk. I have tried all three of a) marking the emails as "not junk" b) setting the Innogames.de domain as a "safe sender" and I've also manually created an email rule which says "send any email from the Innogames.de domain to the inbox". None of them make any difference. The emails still all go to junk. I'm referring specifically to forum notification emails, but presumably the domain is the same for both. Incidentally I haven't raised this with Inno Support because I figure this is not actually anything to do with their side.

I don't think the above matters though as I've been checking the junk this week to see if anything resembling a newsletter shows up, but alas. I go through the same thing once a year or so and then finally give up.

Pauly7

Magus
I've been trying to work out a mathematical probability and after scratching my head I've decided that it's beyond me. I wonder if anyone is able (and interested enough) to tell me how this is done.

Essentially, what I'm wondering is: With the dreaded Shuffleboard, what is the average number of seeds that it would take to win the daily prize? (@Sir Derf @MinMax Gamer maybe?)

For me this is complex because I know that each chance costs 10 seeds, there is a 1 in 16 chance, followed by a 1 in 15 chance, etc. I would be able to do that by itself, but then at the same time there is an equal probability of hitting the shuffle and then going back to square one. For an extra complication I think there is also a 1 in 16 chance of revealing 10 free seeds.

Anyway, I'm more just interested to know how this is worked out rather than the answer making any real difference to me.

Deleted User - 1759805

I wonder if anyone is able (and interested enough) to tell me how this is done.
This is much easier to do by implementing simulation of the event mechanic and see what the results are. Purely analytical approach would be messy due to existence of special tiles like 2x etc. I have done something like this for the winter event, and adopting it for this event I am getting about 130 seeds per daily. I haven't verified it for this event at all ;) In particular, I don't even know if extra seeds are always just 10, or it can be 10, 20 or 30 (as was the case in Winter).

Regardless, you can think about it intuitively like this: every card ends when you pull a reshuffle prize. As reshuffle prize is random, you can expect to spend 75 seeds to clear a single card (ignoring specials). Now, there is a single daily in each card, and it may randomly happen before or after the reshuffle - on average a 50/50 proposition. Meaning in half the cards you will pull in the daily, and in half you won't. Meaning you will need about 150 seeds to get the daily on average.

In reality it is somewhat better as there are special prizes, so sometimes you will pull 2x daily, get extra currency etc.

Pauly7

Magus
Having just had a look at the fresh set of options it's definitely true that the free event currency does not always appear, so yeah I guess we can't account for that because it is an unknown variable. I suppose the only thing that could be done with that would be to know how many items there are in total and then we can know the average number of free seeds in the equation. (Still no point to figuring that out. This is just for the sake of discussion).

I think I see what you are saying. 150 seeds is the maximum number that it can take to resolve each board. If the reshuffle were destined to be the very last draw then statistically it would take half that number to find the daily, but then half the time the reshuffle appears first, making you take double the number of tries, so we're back up to 150.

My guess was that the number would be a little under 150 (even without free seeds). Average number of draws to pick one particular item is less than 8 I think(?)... But you know much more than me about this stuff @MinMax Gamer!

If I Google hard enough I can find groups of mathematicians coming up with equations to answer similar questions, but they end up way too complicated for someone like me to understand, haha.