• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

a 4th world?

DeletedUser8632

IMO it would be super nice of Inno to address existing issues within existing worlds rather than creating new problems in new worlds. I have noticed entire fellowships that are inactive. We are all surrounded by inactive cities. Two of my biggest gripes have been the lack of communication for app players and the lack of enough active traders. Why is it possible to create a spire (that is mostly hated and/or ignored), endless events, new worlds and everything except the kitchen sink... but mail for app players is somehow beyond their ability? So... are they looking for space for new players? How about deleting inactive? I'm not that clever but gees it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out!

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

The only reason I can see the reasonably justifies another world is that it would make the high-rollers happy. The same people who abuse the system in ways we have been repeatedly warned not to discuss but at the same time apparently spend enough money to justify a frankly otherwise pointless move like this. But I don't know whats going on at Inno, maybe they are desperately trying to meet targets for investors.

As this is not really an idea or a suggestion (or maybe you are suggesting that we should not have another world on EN?) this thread has been moved to General Discussion.

Yes, I believe it is very much a suggestion NOT to open another world on EN and fix persistent issues instead.

Edit: I just checked my provinces - and this is the result:
Total: 112 Neighbours.
Neighbours at a higher chapter than me: 4. In words: Four. And I am in Orcs, so basically in the middle of the game.
Neighbours between Chapter 4 to Chapter 8: 10
Neighbours between Chapter 2 to Chapter 4: 6
Neighbours in Chapter 1 who gave up after placing a residence and a workshop: 92. NINETY-TWO!

Inno, how do you expect me to do any trades in this? By all means, open another world because frankly it can't get much worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4149

Three, it mitigates the new trend of trying to milk us from every single penny we have, so I for one would welcome a 4th world in order to have another WW farm
ok, fair enough. you're welcome to have your opinion just i am to have mine.

but i think it's worth mentioning that you would like a 4th world as a place to earn more diamonds and not as a place to spend more. for those who do spend more diamonds on a 4th world, they should realize that if a 4th world is successful, it will only encourage them to create 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th worlds to water down all of the previous worlds even further just like they did to the american server. that can very likely make previous customers less satisfied w/ the worlds they are already spent diamonds and money on.

also many players have quit because the game demanded too much of their time already. when players feel like they need a 4th city to remain competitive in the already existing worlds, that can easily encourage more people to quit the game entirely in every world and that would diminish every players' gaming experience.

m4rt1n

Adept
I play in one world currently and asked support to remove my small cities from the other worlds.

If a player has time to play in other worlds then that is great, but in my own opinion diamond farming from other worlds although within the game rules leads to the downfall of the game. New players are forever playing catchup, end up in empty neighbourhoods and leave, so Inno lose potential new players daily.

The business plan is so narrow sighted by the company currently with pressure from the investors, that they are all going down the plug hole.

I would give advice to change that around right here, but now feel my free advice is worth a fee. :)

DeletedUser6357

I'm already tired of the game and even the diamonds I make are not fun. Diamond farms are fun and inspiring at the beginning. After taking the cheap expansions, the next step is 500 diamonds. They gather more slowly and get bored. At the moment, I am more pleased with the KP - for my AW, than the diamonds.
There is a time when it is more profitable to change ordinary residences to magical ones than to pay for a new expansion. But delaying the new chapter makes this pointless - why buy a magical residence today that needs to be upgraded with more diamonds in the new chapter? Our FS fails to draw a blue print from the tournament.
Fourth Gaming World - As a diamond farm, it's probably only good for maniacs.

DeletedUser9209

I've been wondering how it works if you play in different worlds. Is there a thread someplace about it? I only play in Arendyll at the moment. Thanks.

DeletedUser6357

There is no connection between the worlds, besides diamonds - if you win diamonds in one world, you can spend them in another world.

Lelanya

Mentor
Hi Elfclaw.
When you log out, there is options for various realms. The button for Arendyll is in green, while Winyandor and Felyndral are in red, on desktop or laptop. You can select either of those two to start a new city, if you want to try a new race, or just want a city built with more game knowledge.

Wynn is a developed realm. Fel has various issues, with unconsolidated neighborhoods with many dead or intermittent players, and also a HUGE glut of tier3 on its markets. I see regular, tier for tier trades, that are NOT my boosted, about once a month. I see constant requests for tier1 or tier2, in exchange for tier3. But my neighbours and fellows snatch up my trades.

Otherwise, you can also switch servers, by looking for the flag in the very top. But you will have to open an account from scratch. Good luck

Issues are different for mobile. I think it is less clear which realms you have opened, but the flags are easy to find on log out.

DeletedUser9209

Thanks for your help Lelanya. I quite fancy the idea of having another city as a human - I am currently an elf - so I might start one and just play it on my laptop (so I can clearly see when I'm switching). I've no intention of abandoning my elf city as I'm in a good fellowship :)

DeletedUser1874

that can very likely make previous customers less satisfied w/ the worlds they are already spent diamonds and money on.
I know nothing about the US servers, but I fail to see how that'd work. Players quit because of Inno's short-sightedness and increasingly aggressive business model, which I don't think a 4th world would contribute to. I also think that if there are players that spend diamonds on multiple worlds they'd have to be an overwhelming minority. Investing in one world is expensive enough as it is.

also many players have quit because the game demanded too much of their time already. when players feel like they need a 4th city to remain competitive in the already existing worlds, that can easily encourage more people to quit the game entirely in every world and that would diminish every players' gaming experience.
I managed to score #1 and #2 places in the tourney against players who mysteriously had all AWs to level 30 even before I built my diamond farms, so I don't think that has to to with the fear of remaining competitive. Being milked less for premium features and events, more like.
As to people quitting the game entirely, perhaps it won't be such a bad thing in the long run. Perhaps it'll make Inno realize its mistakes and correct them. We also don't have data on players actually quitting, so this is of course entirely in the realm of speculation, though personally, I don't see people quitting either W1 or W2, despite the presence of players who've been inactive for years now, I have a fair share of those in my vicinity.

There is a time when it is more profitable to change ordinary residences to magical ones than to pay for a new expansion. But delaying the new chapter makes this pointless - why buy a magical residence today that needs to be upgraded with more diamonds in the new chapter? Our FS fails to draw a blue print from the tournament.
The same could be said for event buildings - we have RR for that. That being said, premium stuff such as those requiring BPs to upgrade are not necessary to effectively compete in the tourney. I myself haven't spent a dime on my WW farms, and many of the people in our FSs haven't either, yet we make it to 10 with no issues. Plus, that's a premium feature, the BP is given for free as a reward. I don't mind premium features in freemium games. What one should be concerned about is when events require investment and use FOMO and other exploitative tactics to that end.

Fourth Gaming World - As a diamond farm, it's probably only good for maniacs.
So now I'm a maniac? How very quaint.

DeletedUser6357

So now I'm a maniac? How very quaint.
Every diamond farm takes effort / time to set up.
The constant presence of 40-50 WW in a typical farm requires full participation and completion of all tasks in three consecutive events.
This is for the previous game when there were 4 events a year.
Events are more common now, and in addition to most efforts / times of the year, other actions are needed to expand your farm area. Otherwise the WW will be in your warehouse useless.

DeletedUser1874

Every diamond farm takes effort / time to set up.
The constant presence of 40-50 WW in a typical farm requires full participation and completion of all tasks in three consecutive events.
This is for the previous game when there were 4 events a year.
Events are more common now, and in addition to most efforts / times of the year, other actions are needed to expand your farm area. Otherwise the WW will be in your warehouse useless.
It does take a little bit of extra effort, yes, though your numbers are rather inflated, and that extra effort provides me with enough diamonds to make it worth in the main world. Without them, I'd have to make more of an effort in my main world - or reach for the credit card, which I'm not keen on doing given the direction the game is taking. But that wasn't quite the point. The point was that calling people maniacs because of their playstyle is downright uncouth.

DeletedUser4149

I managed to score #1 and #2 places in the tourney against players who mysteriously had all AWs to level 30 even before I built my diamond farms, so I don't think that has to to with the fear of remaining competitive.
that's great for you. i was proud of myself when i did the same thing while i was in the dwarves chapter.
but i don't think that because you scored well in 2 tournaments that you can say that having more cities for wishing well farms won't adjust the level of competition in tournaments. obviously, you're using wishing well farms and have magic workshops (which you made very clear in the zodiac thread) to give yourself a competitive advantage. which is legal and a smart move but it will encourage everyone else to do the same and i don't think many of us want to run a 4th or even a 3rd city.

so far, only 1 comment was in favor of a 4th world while every other post wasn't.
i think the comment that is in favor of a 4th world is actually hurting its case by saying that it wants a 4th world to farm more diamonds and not as a place to spend them.
i'm sure the game makers won't want to create a 4th world just so that people can have an alternative to earning currency that they sell to sustain their business.

DeletedUser1874

that's great for you. i was proud of myself when i did the same thing while i was in the dwarves chapter.
but i don't think that because you scored well in 2 tournaments that you can say that having more cities for wishing well farms won't adjust the level of competition in tournaments. obviously, you're using wishing well farms and have magic workshops (which you made very clear in the zodiac thread) to give yourself a competitive advantage. which is legal and a smart move but it will encourage everyone else to do the same and i don't think many of us want to run a 4th or even a 3rd city.

so far, only 1 comment was in favor of a 4th world while every other post wasn't.
i think the comment that is in favor of a 4th world is actually hurting its case by saying that it wants a 4th world to farm more diamonds and not as a place to spend them.
i'm sure the game makers won't want to create a 4th world just so that people can have an alternative to earning currency that they sell to sustain their business.
That's hardly my fault though, is it? If Inno didn't pursue such an aggressive monetization scheme, I wouldn't have felt the need for diamond farms. The rest followed. I'll also reiterate that my competitive advantage comes from effort, because diamond farms is something you have to invest time and resources in, they don't just magically fall on your lap, so I see nothing wrong with it all, and I honestly don't care whether there are people who hate those who choose to hate premium players. Just a suggestion: perhaps their hate would yield better result if it was channelled against cheaters instead of people who, I repeat, are the main source of revenue for a game you free players are enjoying for free.
As to a 4th world happening or not, that's also entirely out of our hands. That's on Inno. Players not wanting one won't stop it from happening if that's what they want.

DeletedUser4149

As to a 4th world happening or not, that's also entirely out of our hands
i disagree. i think it would say a lot to the game makers if they saw how many people are not in favor of it.
PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS IDEA and let Inno know how we feel before they create it.
the need us to make their game work, just as we need them to make this game.

DeletedUser1874

i disagree. i think it would say a lot to the game makers if they saw how many people are not in favor of it.
PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS IDEA and let Inno know how we feel before they create it.
the need us to make their game work, just as we need them to make this game.
If the feedback threads about the last few events are of any indication, that doesn't seem to be the case. They need their game to work like their shareholders want to, i.e. to be profitable. And if they think a 4th world will bring them profits, it'll happen, regardless of whatever feedback they might receive. Do I need to remind you the quantity of issues that still remain unaddressed because there wouldn't be profit behind them? A rather extensive list has been posted not long ago by another user:
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/game-development-considerations-and-questions.10701/

DeletedUser4149

If the feedback threads about the last few events are of any indication, that doesn't seem to be the case. They need their game to work like their shareholders want to, i.e. to be profitable
i don't believe in giving up that easily. i do believe that the voice of us players is important to them as well as their shareholders. they need us too.
take, for example, this post that i made 10 months ago in the thread "news from beta"
the things i would most like to see are randomized quests.
maybe 200 possible quests w/ only 100 given to us so that we can decline or accept whichever we want and have to choose which ones were worth doing? that would make it hard to prepare for each quest and we wouldn't be 100% certain that we will even get any particular quest in the first place. they could mix in plenty of old, generic quests too.
i would also like to see 2 options to complete quests.
now i know that this wasn't the most original idea and that they could have easily came up w/ it by themselves but posts like this could have encouraged them to follow through w/ an idea that they were considering. now we do have randomized quests and some have multiple options to be completed.

OUR FEEDBACK DOES MATTER.
please don't forget this and please show your support for any ideas you would like the game makers to consider.
indifference won't accomplish anything.

DeletedUser1874

i don't believe in giving up that easily. i do believe that the voice of us players is important to them as well as their shareholders. they need us too.
take, for example, this post that i made 10 months ago in the thread "news from beta"

now i know that this wasn't the most original idea and that they could have easily came up w/ it by themselves but posts like this could have encouraged them to follow through w/ an idea that they were considering. now we do have randomized quests and some have multiple options to be completed.

OUR FEEDBACK DOES MATTER.
please don't forget this and please show your support for any ideas you would like the game makers to consider.
indifference won't accomplish anything.
Oh, I'm far from indifferent, and just because I lately don't agree with the design choices it doesn't mean I'm not giving them feedback - it doesn't have to be positive feedback, of course. And yes, they might listen to us if the feedback is overwhelming, just like they did with the announced change to Magic Workshops counting as 2 instead of one (which goes to prove my statement about feedback not needing to be positive in order to be constructive). I'm simply not holding my breath over it. First-hand inside knowledge of corporate culture made me vastly disillusioned and pessimistic.

DeletedUser9408

I think another new world would be a very bad idea. A better thing to do would be to clear all the abandoned cities from the current worlds so that we may get more players that we can trade with, half the space on the maps is still empty as it is, another new world will mean even less new players on the existing worlds.

Excellent idea. Let's clear any cities that have been abandoned for like what, a year? If a player hasn't been active in a year, yoink !

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
They want to make money - I understand.
But the real money is in merchandising.
Disney's known this for years - every movie they make is a 2 hour commercial for dolls, toys, action figures, Halloween costumes, kids bedding, etc.
Neopets knew this too.
At their peak they had stuffed toys and little action figures in every Walmart, Target and Toys R Us.
I never spent a cent online and yet I bought a little blue Aisha (cat like creature that was a popular pet) that I still have even though I don't play that game anymore.
Even people who never played the game bought stuff for their grandkids.
Merchandising broadens your customer base way beyond user population on any given server.