• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

a 4th world?

DeletedUser4149

looks like they started an 8th world on the US server.
anyone want them to create a 4th world here?
anyone else think it's a terrible idea?
do we need less activity in our already existing 3 worlds?
p4.jpg

DeletedUser4149

i noticed a decline in new players to join our fellowship
a decline in activity in my neighborhood
and a decline in activity among my current fellows when they created the 3rd world here
if anyone else feels the same, we'd better let 'em know now before it's too late

Timneh

Artisan
I think another new world would be a very bad idea. A better thing to do would be to clear all the abandoned cities from the current worlds so that we may get more players that we can trade with, half the space on the maps is still empty as it is, another new world will mean even less new players on the existing worlds.

Hekata

Artisan
I agree you both @yo momma love me @Timneh It's a bad idea. My FS is struggling to get new members and we even take total newbies. My main city is in what we could conciser a good neighbourhood and that means it's full of cities and only about a 1/4 of them are active. And my smaller city is in a neighbourhood so empty that I have 5 neighbours and nothing but coin fields as far as I can see. And it's been like that for more than 6 months and it still hasn't been moved. So yes, maybe first fixing the problems with this one before making a 4th one. Plus the players of Felyndral have been complaining of having a lack of people to trade with as it is, especially when they reach sentient goods and that means the whole map is available for trading. They say they have trades waiting for days. When I post a sentient trade it's picked up withing minutes. I think half an hour was the longest I have ever waited. So I guess that world has also to be filled and have high-level players before thinking of another one.

m4rt1n

Adept
Yes, lower the worlds, give actives a choice of the move, and reduce not increase the worlds, a new world means that fellowship recruitment becomes even harder than present.
I currently have scouted around the 500 province mark and have about 25 active neighbours at most. I do builders help on all new neighbours and then it becomes unavailable after 2 rounds of help and never becomes available again. Surely if a player builds nothing in a year, they are not playing even if they have a big city in ch10+.

My overall opinion is to reduce the worlds and merge them. Remove everyone who has not touched the world in 12 months and 90% space will appear everywhere.

Last edited:

cwgiii

Shaman
My overall opinion is to reduce the worlds and merge them. Remove everyone who has not touched the world in 12 months and 90% space will appear everywhere.

I actually think you have something there. Move the actives to the new world, if there must be one. Leave the
inactives in the graveyard. If someone returns to the game later, give them the option to join the living in the new world.

DeletedUser8230

Well im in Felyndral and in Elementals and all my sentient trades get picked up within minutes, im the only one in my FS with sentient goods.
And i also produce platinum which seems in abundance on Felyndral as there never seems to be trades demanding it.
All i do is post 100 extra platinum per trade (or a 1000 if its over 10000 i need) and it works out ok.:)

An 11000 platinum for 10000 tree gum trade was picked up this morning within a minute of me posting it.

No to a fourth world.

Take a look at the ranking boards in all 3 worlds and you can see that over half the players are dead cities.
Theres about 130,000 players on all 3 worlds, i would be suprised if theres more than 30,000 actually playing. Theres 8.6k registered forum members and only 240+ posts in the forum competition....whats that tell you?

DeletedUser3097

As this is not really an idea or a suggestion (or maybe you are suggesting that we should not have another world on EN?) this thread has been moved to General Discussion.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Remove all the inactives, move 3rd world into 1st and 2nd.

Now that would be constructive and usefull
Although I agree, I don't think it's a viable option, since there will be players who have cities on both worlds and they then cannot be merged to be in the same world. However, removing all inactives in all worlds (including players who have been inactive >100 days, even thought they've once in their active player life spent money on diamonds) would be an enormous improvement. This would then free up space for new active players, thereby discarding/eliminating a need to create a 4th world.

alsael

Enchanter
I also play another game called vikings.There are kingdoms there(like worlds here) in which you can build cities.Up to now,you could buy an item to move your town freely within your kingdom.Resently, they introduced an item where you can move between kingdoms.
Do a similar thing here.Introduce items(we can but it using diamonds,or can be earned in events) that can do the same thing(moving withing worlds,or/and between worlds)

DeletedUser8632

I'm not exactly seeing the point of having more than 2 worlds available for each player. Seriously, Inno, you struggle to curb certain abuse of game mechanics while at the same time you shove the means to abuse game mechanics in our face. Make up your mind. Gazillions of wishing wells, push accounts etc are mostly a problem because they are possible to be abused across worlds. And you want us to have more of them?

DeletedUser4149

tesla333great point about wishing wells. people who want to compete for high overall rankings will be at a disadvantage if they don't have a city full of wishing wells in each of the other worlds making diamonds for their main city. starting a city in a 4th world will create more work and leave less time for those players to enjoy things outside of this game. many of us spend too much time here as it is. i already feel disadvantaged because i don't have a 3rd city.
Hekata also has a good point about how some players, especially those in newer worlds, already don't have enough trading partners.

DeletedUser1874

I'm not exactly seeing the point of having more than 2 worlds available for each player. Seriously, Inno, you struggle to curb certain abuse of game mechanics while at the same time you shove the means to abuse game mechanics in our face. Make up your mind. Gazillions of wishing wells, push accounts etc are mostly a problem because they are possible to be abused across worlds. And you want us to have more of them?
WW farms and push accounts are two very different things. For one, the former are legitimate whereas the latter are not (in theory at least, we all know how it's a de facto tolerated practice). Two, anyone can set up WW farms for free, and it takes quite a bit of effort to bring them to acceptable production level through progression and participation in events on many cities at once. Three, it mitigates the new trend of trying to milk us from every single penny we have, so I for one would welcome a 4th world in order to have another WW farm, and I most certainly wouldn't feel as if I were using push accounts.
Also, not only are WW farm accounts legitimate, but they're not "dead accounts". I'm able to provide trades and significant tourney participations in my WW farms despite the huge numbers of WWs (which, let's remember, produce goods, coins and supplies more than they do diamonds, so it's not like a WW farm will be gimped compared to a normal city, especially if ran by a competent player who already knows the game well).

DeletedUser6357

I accidentally came across this today.
Is it just it or are there many more?
Winyandor

upload_2019-9-19_16-59-51.png

I have completed constructions and I have countless provinces - only a dozen people in this range play, and occasionally.
Half a year ago, they played at least three times as much.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
IMO it would be super nice of Inno to address existing issues within existing worlds rather than creating new problems in new worlds. I have noticed entire fellowships that are inactive. We are all surrounded by inactive cities. Two of my biggest gripes have been the lack of communication for app players and the lack of enough active traders. Why is it possible to create a spire (that is mostly hated and/or ignored), endless events, new worlds and everything except the kitchen sink... but mail for app players is somehow beyond their ability? So... are they looking for space for new players? How about deleting inactive? I'm not that clever but gees it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out!