• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Chat - messages being repeated, commands not working

• Thread starter DeletedUser5405
  • Start date

m4rt1n

Adept
What I don't understand is how you take out the code to do something and then it seems to take ages for the, obviously same, code to be put back in. It is not as if the / commands are new, they were there already. Did some dill just throw the code away???

I'm no expert but coding doesn't work like that, I'd say it works more like a Banana, it starts green, a little inedible, them becomes a delicious yellow, but eventually if left it becomes a darker brown, still edible and usable (you could coat it with chocolate) then eventually it becomes black, rotten and needs replacing.

DeletedUser2699

Hmmm chat double up just reappeared and seems to come when there are connection problems and the chat refreshes but does not clear the existing view. The game says there is a connection issue and instant updates will be an issue. Everything else in the game is fine with no apparent actual connection issues.

I'm no expert but coding doesn't work like that, I'd say it works more like a Banana, it starts green, a little inedible, them becomes a delicious yellow, but eventually if left it becomes a darker brown, still edible and usable (you could coat it with chocolate) then eventually it becomes black, rotten and needs replacing.
Well, good coding these days is pretty modular, so taking it away then putting it back should not be that difficult as we are not talking about code which is years old and way out of date for goodness sake.
Although I do like your analogy in general :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Duru Beibella

Alchemist
chat is still posting multiple times ….. keep also getting same message of connection issue - click "OK" or "retry" …..anyone else seeing these messages multiple times a day? I've posted below and apologies if this has already been posted by other players

chat repeats.PNG
connection issue.PNG

cwgiii

Shaman
I am seeing the connection type errors more often on mobile (I use both PC and mobile versions in conjunction).

I find the errors seem to be related to performance issues with the site. As things slow down, I tend to push buttons too quickly (I guess). Then, these errors start appearing. If I slow down, and let the system catch up, these messages seem to abate.

I do prefer these messages compared to the old way of the game crashing, kicking me out, and having to reboot the game entirely.

Patience really is a virtue with this game. And Inno has some work to do as well (IMHO).

Duru Beibella

Alchemist
I am seeing the connection type errors more often on mobile (I use both PC and mobile versions in conjunction).

I find the errors seem to be related to performance issues with the site. As things slow down, I tend to push buttons too quickly (I guess). Then, these errors start appearing. If I slow down, and let the system catch up, these messages seem to abate.

I do prefer these messages compared to the old way of the game crashing, kicking me out, and having to reboot the game entirely.

Patience really is a virtue with this game. And Inno has some work to do as well (IMHO).

I'm playing via laptop ….. oh and I still get the blank page with the exclamation mark in the middle of the page. constantly having to refresh the page, restart the game ….. kinda draining the joy out of playing at the moment :(

Lelanya

Mentor
chat is still posting multiple times ….. keep also getting same message of connection issue - click "OK" or "retry" …..anyone else seeing these messages multiple times a day? I've posted below and apologies if this has already been posted by other players

View attachment 2944 View attachment 2945
I see the connection issue one occasionally. Not this week tho

Aisling1

Conjurer
Is the chat repeating everything I post 3 times a bug.. or just an echo?
Also, are the commands "/who" etc. now out of date, and if so, is there a replacement?

DeletedUser3097

For information about the chat commands, please see
That said, we have seen that the /who functionality that allows you to see who's online, is the most-missed one of the two, and we are happy to announce that we will be implementing that in the new chat. Please do realize that it won't be happening immediately, as we find having the chat bug-free is more important than re-introducing this feature. We do still have a couple of open bugs related to the new chat, such as messages showing multiple times, or in some cases not at all. But, if all goes to plan, we are looking at restoring the /who command in the coming weeks to few months.

For information about the bug fix, please read:
Chat - Fixed several issues with the chat, including potential causes for multiple messages sent at once.

(Click on the ↑ at the top of the quote for the full post)

Sent to archive. :)