• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Chat - messages being repeated, commands not working

• Thread starter DeletedUser5405
  • Start date

DeletedUser5405

Problem 1 - messages posted in chat are often listed multiple times. Consequently the chat window fills up very quickly, there's just a string of repeated messages, irritating and hard to keep track of conversations because you have to scroll up so far.

Problem 2 - why aren't the commands (/who and /whisper, for example) no longer work. Why is this? They were really useful!

I've found these problems on the en and zz servers.

Screenshot 2018-07-02 13.14.29.jpeg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    352.3 KB · Views: 93
  • image.png
    image.png
    352.3 KB · Views: 92

Annah

Alchemist
same with us in Arrendyl.... noticed the 100 fixed messages on chat had finally gone ... only to be replaced by this :/

DeletedUser5976

I see different messages on the app and on the PC and what I write in the app just disappears next time I log in, in the app.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lelanya

Mentor
Here is the issue. Certain commands like who and whisper were imported accidentally from Forge of Empires and are not considered necessary for chat to function.
I have been asking (fairly relentlessly) on the News from Beta thread but news has been pretty thin on the ground. I feel the /who command is an important feature that adds to our sense of community!
I have not seen the repeat thing tho

DeletedUser5976

Can we please get an announcement whether the disappearance of chat functionality like /who is a bug or if it's intentional? And if as Lelanya commented, Inno does not consider it important to the game, the least they could do is, tell that to us themselves instead of us trying to glean information from beta forums.

These forums are meant for us to discuss the game, submit ideas and get information on the developments in the game (as the in game news is used so infrequently as to be totally useless). So why not use it to also inform us properly?

DeletedUser6835

who is main admin here.i was today upgrade main hall from level 5 to level 6 and nothing happend

DeletedUser5976

was today upgrade main hall from level 5 to level 6 and nothing happend
Hmm, did you research the Main Hall upgrade of chapter 2 in your tech tree? The upgrade button should read "Research" if you haven't.

For more attention to your questions, you might want to create a thread of your own. This one is about the chat malfunctioning.

DeletedUser2699

opened the game and each message in the chat was a double up. Refreshed the game and double ups were gone. Wondering if, typical of PC world "have you turned it off and on again" applies. It certainly should not apply when I had just restarted my computer :(!
It will be very disappointing if the missing / commands are not a bug and have simply been removed, as they have been there through a number of version updates without comment, having been in place for as long as I have played the game as far as I remember and I am no newbie.
If they have been deliberately removed, it would be interesting to know who thought that was a good idea, because NO players I know think it is a good idea.

DeletedUser3097

Problem 2 - why aren't the commands (/who and /whisper, for example) no longer work. Why is this? They were really useful!

@Lelanya, @cwgiii, @LadyHavva, @Mifrantoio

Please read the quote below which answers your concerns:

The fact that /who and other chat commands don't work is known, and we have already forwarded the concern and have requested it to be made available in the new chat. Right now it isn't, and we do not yet know exactly when we will have those features.

Is anyone still having problems with messages being shown repeatedly?

DeletedUser5976

Not repeatedly, but on the app my chat is very flaky. It sometimes is completely empty. If I force close the app and start again, it might display the chat correctly until the next time I open the app. When I write something in the app my name stays grey as if it hasn't been sent, but on the PC I can see what I typed in the app.

And now suddenly it works again.

DeletedUser5976

My fellows chat 24/7. It's not easy to keep up with the chat normally, so can't be that. We shall see if it will stabilize. I'm home now and can use PC so I can at least chat.

DeletedUser2699

Chat double up issue seems to have been resolved and chat seems more stable on the PC. :)
I can't comment on the mobile version atm as I don't use it for chat.

m4rt1n

Adept
Chat seems fine on PC but on mobile it is very temperamental for me anyway on iOS.

DeletedUser2699

@Lelanya, @cwgiii, @LadyHavva, @Mifrantoio

Please read the quote below which answers your concerns:

Is anyone still having problems with messages being shown repeatedly?
What I don't understand is how you take out the code to do something and then it seems to take ages for the, obviously same, code to be put back in. It is not as if the / commands are new, they were there already. Did some dill just throw the code away???