• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.39

DeletedUser3032

Most players will be better off with the new system. This is an undeniable fact. I understand that people have their opinion , their beliefs, and there expectations, but the hard cold facts are that the overwhelming majority of players do less than 25 NH per day.

This obviously means that getting the equivalent of 30 NH is a gain.

If people were doing under 25 it would make sense to up the goods received from doing NH to encourage players to do more. Not decrease them. Those players who do under 25 will stop now and do none. There is no incentive to those who do under 25 to go and do 30. I'm pretty sure those players only do their entire NH visits when they are needing goods. It's just a pain in the butt doing it daily. Even inactive accounts + those without the AWs were included in the stats of how many visits players do each day, which is bull.

Stats are here and it's obvious everyone minus 1 or 2 will get less reward from these changes. I dunno why anyone can defend Inno for it. Even mods. You have a voice and can make your point directly to the CM. Your opinion probably equates to the 20 active members on here ;/

DeletedUser3720

Most players will be better off with the new system. This is an undeniable fact. I understand that people have their opinion , their beliefs, and there expectations, but the hard cold facts are that the overwhelming majority of players do less than 25 NH per day.

Shamy, I cannot believe that a moderator would write this. Are you saying that you think active players should be restricted, because "most players do less than 25 NH"? Please, seriously? Because if you ARE serious, this obviously means that you should re-check your post and then stop being part of the internet at all :p

Timneh

Artisan

Just because most of the players are too lazy to go and visit their neighbours and only do FS is not a good excuse to punish the ones that are active enough to help neighbours as well as FS. Like has already been suggested Inno should have looked at the reasons WHY they do not visit and looked for a reason to make them want to do more NH, instead they have given them a reason to do even less, can they not see that ? Are they really that blind ? @Shamy please be honest here, take off your mods hat and be a normal player like the rest of us for one second and truthfully say if you think that it is fair to punish the active and reward the less active.
You gave a reason for why this change has been made and i do think that it makes some sense though the numbers you used have since been shown to be very doubtful and could not be reached under normal gameplay. If a change needed to be made that is fair enough but Inno have gone about this completely wrong.
Go to the team and ask them how many players WITH the BS/CL did less than 25 NH visits a day and see if the result is the same. If like some of us suspect they used the whole player base then of course it will look like the majority of players do less than 25 visits. There will be tens of thousands of newer players that don't have 30 neighbours yet, did they count the cities that have been abandoned after only the tutorial was done but are still less than 30 days without login because there are probably hundreds of thousands of those. If they used all those in thier calculations then yes of course they are right but if they discount all those cities i think the result might be different. If Inno could not be bothered to work out the possible future value of an AW i doubt they would have bothered to gather only the relevant data needed to get a true value of NH visits.

DeletedUser4528

I think there gets to a point in a discussion where there is nothing left to be said that will make a difference anymore. Statements have been made, and I have tried to put those across in a way that makes sense and is easy to understand.

I fully understand that some people have been spanking the system and reaping in the rewards, and now they are upset that this loophole has been closed.
This does not detract from this being a decision made, about one tiny part of a game, and if it has caused such a detrimental effect on your game, then this bears out that the rewards were wholly disproportional.

I know that this argument will roll on, but I have no further input that can be beneficial to the conversation.

DeletedUser3185

I only have level 3 lighthouse, but it's just not worth the space anymore. The thing is, do I replace it with another AW which in turn will become useless with new updates ?? On a positive note, I saved myself an hour today by not visiting neighbours that are inactive:)

DeletedUser3239

I only have level 3 lighthouse, but it's just not worth the space anymore. The thing is, do I replace it with another AW which in turn will become useless with new updates ?? On a positive note, I saved myself an hour today by not visiting neighbours that are inactive:)
My Lighthouse is also low lvl. and i was going to upgrade it more but now i will just sell it.

DeletedUser3032

I think there gets to a point in a discussion where there is nothing left to be said that will make a difference anymore. Statements have been made, and I have tried to put those across in a way that makes sense and is easy to understand.

I fully understand that some people have been spanking the system and reaping in the rewards, and now they are upset that this loophole has been closed.
This does not detract from this being a decision made, about one tiny part of a game, and if it has caused such a detrimental effect on your game, then this bears out that the rewards were wholly disproportional.

I know that this argument will roll on, but I have no further input that can be beneficial to the conversation.

Get Muffy here instead of doing the work for them. Better still get a dev here. I cannot wait for the next monthly video with more BS in it.

We can see why they have done it. It makes those very few who only do 25 to do 5 more which would increase visits by 5 a day, but in reality they will not do the extra just for 100 resources instead of 2k resources. If they wanted the resources they would have done every single city before, but they never, hence less than 25.

What about the other 1000's of players who do them all? Even those players who have not unlocked or built the AW yet? There was probably 1000's planning on building it. Throwing all their broken rune shards at it.

Inno have set the standard now.

All Ancient Wonders which have not been 'unbalanced' yet should be AVOIDED and not built. The outcome looks very bleak for these and Inno as a company if it carries on with making it's own changes.

The development team have admitted already the game is all their ideas.

Has everyone seen this??? :) God I laughed watching it. Came out with a bunch of rubbish.

Watch from the start until 1:15.
Look closely at the post it notes. Fun, Feedback, Growth, Team Spirit... it goes on.. LOL
Funny clips between the rubbish
1:00 - What makes a good game designer? - Team work, creativity and openness to ideas from colleagues. {GIVE THIS MAN A GOLD STAR. Nothing from the community}

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3097

Please keep your posts respectful to everyone, including the moderation team. Any posts which fail to do this will be removed and may incur warning points.

Please help us keeping harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully, do not insult anyone and remain polite. Aggressive, vulgar and provocative language will not be tolerated.​

Thank you for your cooperation.

Deleted User - 384643

No, Shamy. Most players who put down a Crystal Lighthouse/Bell Spire, and put in the thousands of KP to upgrade it to a decent level, will definitely do more than 25 NH per day, because else: why bother using precious room & KP for it in the first place?

Inno making a calculation based on how much EVERY player gives NH and saying that it's less than 25 a day... well, I can certainly believe that! If you include the many inactives and players without CL/BS, which they probably did, then the average amount of NH given is probably less than 5 a day!

The true "undeniable fact" is that despite the so-called "huge" rewards in goods, the amount of players who bother putting down a CL/BS and investing thousands of KP in it, is actually pretty small.

And why would that be, if the amount of goods you can get for it is so "HUGE".

Well, for one, even after the benefits of the CL/BS were boosted with the last AW upgrade, it still take a lot of upgrading and a lot of scouted provinces before the amount of goods gained with each NH is actually worth the effort. Secondly, giving NH is such a mind-numbing boring task that only a small group of players wants to give it to anyone besides their fellowship members (and most players don't even bother giving their fellowship members NH).

"Spanking the system and reaping the rewards"?!
I am one of the swiftly decreasing number of players who not only makes the effort to give their fellowship members NH, but also all their (active) neighbors. And I started doing this long before I was able to put down a Crystal Lighthouse. I did this because I like helping other players, especially the smaller ones.
That what made the Crystal Lighthouse such a perfect AW for me; finally a reward from the game (aside from the gold, which is pretty much useless) for all those hours of NH I put in.

Well, Shamy, here's another "undeniable fact" for you: Elvenar needs players like me who help out the new players with NH and trades, so they'll actually stick around and perhaps start buying diamonds.

But from all the many things the Elvenar devs could do to actually improve this game, what is it that they decide to do instead: "let's mess up the one thing that actually stimulates & rewards people into helping others!"

A change they first try to defend as an "improvement", and when that is pointed out to be obvious BS, they pivot and say that it's to stop players from taking too much "advantage" of their CL/BS?! And gain 250K goods with it?! Who are these mythical players you talk of? Because there can't be more than a dozen at the most who are actually fanatic enough to spend more than 4 hours a day doing nothing else but giving NH. And, frankly, anyone who actually wants to spend their time doing that much NH deserves every single unit of good they gain. Because aside from helping themselves, they are also helping many other players who are pleasantly surprised that there are still some who actually bother giving out NH to others.

If the Elvenar devs were really serious about closing loopholes that leads to unfair advantages, how about doing something about cheaters and their push accounts instead of punishing people who are actually helping others!

Timneh

Artisan
If the Elvenar devs were really serious about closing loopholes that leads to unfair advantages, how about doing something about cheaters and their push accounts instead of punishing people who are actually helping others!

The fact of the matter is there is no loophole, players were using the AW for the purpose it was designed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3032

No, Shamy. Most players who put down a Crystal Lighthouse/Bell Spire, and put in the thousands of KP to upgrade it to a decent level, will definitely do more than 25 NH per day, because else: why bother using precious room & KP for it in the first place?

Inno making a calculation based on how much EVERY player gives NH and saying that it's less than 25 a day... well, I can certainly believe that! If you include the many inactives and players without CL/BS, which they probably did, then the average amount of NH given is probably less than 5 a day!

The true "undeniable fact" is that despite the so-called "huge" rewards in goods, the amount of players who bother putting down a CL/BS and investing thousands of KP in it, is actually pretty small.

And why would that be, if the amount of goods you can get for it is so "HUGE".

Well, for one, even after the benefits of the CL/BS were boosted with the last AW upgrade, it still take a lot of upgrading and a lot of scouted provinces before the amount of goods gained with each NH is actually worth the effort. Secondly, giving NH is such a mind-numbing boring task that only a small group of players wants to give it to anyone besides their fellowship members (and most players don't even bother giving their fellowship members NH).

"Spanking the system and reaping the rewards"?!
I am one of the swiftly decreasing number of players who not only makes the effort to give their fellowship members NH, but also all their (active) neighbors. And I started doing this long before I was able to put down a Crystal Lighthouse. I did this because I like helping other players, especially the smaller ones.
That what made the Crystal Lighthouse such a perfect AW for me; finally a reward from the game (aside from the gold, which is pretty much useless) for all those hours of NH I put in.

Well, Shamy, here's another "undeniable fact" for you: Elvenar needs players like me who help out the new players with NH and trades, so they'll actually stick around and perhaps start buying diamonds.

But from all the many things the Elvenar devs could do to actually improve this game, what is it that they decide to do instead: "let's mess up the one thing that actually stimulates & rewards people into helping others!"

A change they first try to defend as an "improvement", and when that is pointed out to be obvious BS, they pivot and say that it's to stop players from taking too much "advantage" of their CL/BS?! And gain 250K goods with it?! Who are these mythical players you talk of? Because there can't be more than a dozen at the most who are actually fanatic enough to spend more than 4 hours a day doing nothing else but giving NH. And, frankly, anyone who actually wants to spend their time doing that much NH deserves every single unit of good they gain. Because aside from helping themselves, they are also helping many other players who are pleasantly surprised that there are still some who actually bother giving out NH to others.

Well said.

All this negativity is already showing up on google. Well done Elvenar team! The only new users which will be coming here in any numbers now will be mobile users which wont come on here. Bad show!!

DeletedUser4904

Hey all ,first post i decided to write after watching this parade.So to get it straight,
1.multi accounts on same server are forbidden by rules but inno throwing a kite
2..AWs became "crap"
3.Game's rewards as NH visits ,recent fs adventure rewards ,event buildings you delete after a month or two,were "crap" already
4.If someone speaks the truth get warning
Did i miss anything ? probably a lot

DeletedUser3097

Hey all ,first post i decided to write after watching this parade.So to get it straight,
1.multi accounts on same server are forbidden by rules
Multi accounts are allowed on the same server but not if they are created for the sole purpose of supplying one city with goods/ knowledge points. See the game rules:
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?pages/game_rules/

2..AWs became "crap"
As a player, I have kept my AWs. Other people have different opinions.

3.Game's rewards as NH visits ,recent fs adventure rewards ,event buildings you delete after a month or two,were "crap" already
Again a matter of opinion- you have to decide what is useful for your own city.

4.If someone speaks the truth get warning
Incorrect- people who break forum rules get warnings. A forum is a place to express opinions but you are not allowed to be disrespectful.

Timneh

Artisan

.OK lets try again and see if this post gets deleted.
@Shamy you are accusing players of spanking the system and exploiting a loophole, there is no loophole and players are not spanking the system they are playing the game and using the BS/CL the way it was designed to be used. If Inno did not want it to be used in the way players have been using it then why was it buffed the way it was several months ago. Inno wanted players to build and upgrade the AWs so accusing them of spanking the system and exploiting a loophole is insulting and not a very good attitude for a mod.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4904

Multi accounts are allowed on the same server but not if they are created for the sole purpose of supplying one city with goods/ knowledge points. See the game rules:
hmm ok ,so you check regularly for these kind of accounts and close them i guess,after all these years or ?

As a player, I have kept my AWs. Other people have different opinions.
Indeed i have another opinion but that changed recently after messing with them.

Again a matter of opinion- you have to decide what is useful for your own city.
I decided and still decide but then i must delete my decisions and lose them forever for no purpose at all.I judge the system faiplay here which can change easily in favor of players for once !

Incorrect- people who break forum rules get warnings. A forum is a place to express opinions but you are not allowed to be disrespectful.
i'm sorry if i was disrespectful, but i don't think anyone was earlier too.It's Frustration cause this game getting worse by the minute !

DeletedUser3032

I think the way Shamy has constructed the sentence and the phrases chosen are wrong and should be reworded. It makes out that the AWs have been exploited. This is not exploiting. It's playing the game the way it was intended to be played. Exploits are those which are currently turned a blind eye to, the multi-accounting, pushing their main account. That is an exploit. People are getting away with doing that in broad daylight and the worst part is the CMs and mods know who is doing it!

DeletedUser441

Get Muffy here instead of doing the work for them. Better still get a dev here. I cannot wait for the next monthly video with more BS in it.

We can see why they have done it. It makes those very few who only do 25 to do 5 more which would increase visits by 5 a day, but in reality they will not do the extra just for 100 resources instead of 2k resources. If they wanted the resources they would have done every single city before, but they never, hence less than 25.

What about the other 1000's of players who do them all? Even those players who have not unlocked or built the AW yet? There was probably 1000's planning on building it. Throwing all their broken rune shards at it.

Inno have set the standard now.

All Ancient Wonders which have not been 'unbalanced' yet should be AVOIDED and not built. The outcome looks very bleak for these and Inno as a company if it carries on with making it's own changes.

The development team have admitted already the game is all their ideas.

Has everyone seen this??? :) God I laughed watching it. Came out with a bunch of rubbish.

Watch from the start until 1:15.
Look closely at the post it notes. Fun, Feedback, Growth, Team Spirit... it goes on.. LOL
Funny clips between the rubbish
1:00 - What makes a good game designer? - Team work, creativity and openness to ideas from colleagues. {GIVE THIS MAN A GOLD STAR. Nothing from the community}

Ulrike suggests we use our brains. :D Now , if I sell off my non boosted manufactories and replace them with boosted ones , I'll be gaining more goods than I "lost" in the change (43k). It's just a lot of hassle , but I know that with those amounts coming in I can stay in the top 40 in tournaments.(without spending :p:eek:;)) I really hope people continue trading , otherwise I'm up a creek without a paddle. I think I'll wait till the Event finishes first.

Killiak

Artisan

On the beta forum, Marindor was talking about how this change also reflects Inno's desire to get people to do NH for the sake of NH itself, and not for the reward. So a change is implemented that rewards people for clicking 3 people at a minimum... And none of you see the problem with this? None of the devs or mods? No? My god.

And let me inform you that the point of the whole matter is not so much that you "gain" something from this change. The point is that the AW was useful and decent for investing KP's into it. You could always get a few exra resources when so needed. The point is that the AW's were changed to make them more useful. And now the devs pretty much neuter one AW for the sake of the mobile app, apparently without thinking if the changed AW is actually worth the effort of building it.

This comes across as very ad-hoc decision making, with extremely poor communication of the proces. Not to mention hardly including your player base.
You could have easily avoided half the uproar and all the drama. Yet you all keep sticking your head in the sand despite all the advice you are getting.

All the criticism you get is richly deserved.