• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Gamers' Values (cheating)

forictori

Adventurer
Hello SummerMaya,
I am really sorry that my comment shocked you and you felt humiliated, I was just trying to emphasize the importance of players who spend, it seemed to me that some people are undermining their meaning here. Please do not consider to quit this game, it is for everyone paying or not it doesn't matter, just enjoy it.
I will answer you that this gamer (myself) isn't banned and will not be because he isn't doing anything wrong. What people talking here (his affairs) is just some kinda distorted understanding and it is not any wrong doing.

I am sincere and apologize to you. Have fun and see ya around.

DeletedUser4240

@forictori
Apology accepted.::)
I reacted too hard and too fast ... but your words really sounded bad in that moment.
There is no reason to ban someone just because I felt offended
See ya
P.S.I hope the topic"gamer's values" also got it's positive connotation with our latest posts:)

Timneh

Artisan
I would still like some official clarification on what Inno class as cheating so i am going to try and approach it in a different way.
If i was to start another city and get that city to a level where i could start donating KP to my own AWs in my main city and then start to invest only 1 KP per day into the tech tree in my small city and put all other KPs into my main cities AWs would Inno see this as pushing ? Support say that as long as a city is being advanced then it would not be classed as a push account. By investing that 1 KP per day my small city would be getting advanced. In my opinion it would be a push account as all but 1 KP per day are being donated to AWs in another city that is owned by me. So, Innogames IS THIS PUSHING ?

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
We will not give out the exact definition of what is deemed to be a pushing account, as that would immensely hurt our ability to enforce that rule. We will share that we use what we call a 'common sense approach' to dealing with these kind of issues, meaning that we will use common sense before banning an account for breaking a rule. If you feel you are nearing the borders of what's within the rules, you should probably not go further and rather go in the other direction, provided your goal is to not break the rules.

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
4 years ago or so while playing FOE ( another Inno game) there was a crackdown on illegal accounts and pushing of Great Buildings ( same as AW in here). Mind you that you where allowed to have only 1 account per world. If 2 members of the same family where playing the game they had to inform support. If they failed to do that one of the account ( if found) would be banned.

If you where found guilty of pushing an account your account was banned and the GB that received the kp where taken away from the player's city. And a lot of players had there GB taken out.

At the time we where told that a pushed account was ( is) an account that puts more kp in a GB than in the tech tree. For the propose of the game was to climb the tech tree and make your village grow.

In Elvenar you can have more than 1 account per world. There is the root of the problem and I can't see how this can be undone.

Sorry for weird english :rolleyes:

Timneh

Artisan
We will not give out the exact definition of what is deemed to be a pushing account, as that would immensely hurt our ability to enforce that rule. We will share that we use what we call a 'common sense approach' to dealing with these kind of issues, meaning that we will use common sense before banning an account for breaking a rule. If you feel you are nearing the borders of what's within the rules, you should probably not go further and rather go in the other direction, provided your goal is to not break the rules.

I can see where you are trying to go with that but it doesn't really make much sense. If Inno will not release the exact definition of what they deem to be a push account then how is it possible for players to know what they can or can't do ? It's a bit like the authorities telling you that you can drive along a certain road but that road has a speed limit on it but they won't tell you what that speed limit is.
Just for the record i only have one account and i have no plans to start another at any time.

Deleted User - 384643

4 years ago or so while playing FOE ( another Inno game) there was a crackdown on illegal accounts and pushing of Great Buildings ( same as AW in here). Mind you that you where allowed to have only 1 account per world. If 2 members of the same family where playing the game they had to inform support. If they failed to do that one of the account ( if found) would be banned.

If you where found guilty of pushing an account your account was banned and the GB that received the kp where taken away from the player's city. And a lot of players had there GB taken out.

At the time we where told that a pushed account was ( is) an account that puts more kp in a GB than in the tech tree. For the propose of the game was to climb the tech tree and make your village grow.

In Elvenar you can have more than 1 account per world. There is the root of the problem and I can't see how this can be undone.

Sorry for weird english :rolleyes:

They should apply the same rule with Elvenar. Only 1 account per world, and permission needed from support if you have a family member playing from the same computer/IP address. There are other Elvenar worlds you can play if you want to try a different race, so pretty much the only reason for having multiple accounts in the same world is to push your main city.

Enough of this vague "no cheating" rule without actually punishing account pushers.

DeletedUser441

The wording needs to be improved. Unbalanced means not equal. If A donates 100 kp to B , then B donates 99 kp to A , that is unbalanced !

DeletedUser3182

I don't understand much of what's being argued here, it seems many of the comments are going round in ever decreasing circles merely to remake a point that's been done to death. Is having more than one account cheating? Or is it the nature of the way in which someone plays the two accounts cheating? Why should the many players who have two accounts in one world be considered cheating? If they play fairly and with no intent to deceive others, is it cheating?

Maybe I should try to understand pushing - which apparently means putting KPs into an AW merely to advance in ranking - did I get that right. I didn't even know that putting KPs into an AW had an effect on rankings. How is that beneficial, what exactly does it gain except a higher score and maybe in-game kudos? I'm not a player who chases rankings, I just don't see the personal benefit, though I have no issues with those whose play style is to be top dog. I play to enjoy the game, though recently some aspects have lessened that pleasure.

However, I also don't see why all multiple cities should be banned, merely because some players are manipulating the game to get higher in the game rankings - which just seems a pointless exercise in futility. It would be like (to borrow another's analogy) banning all cars which go over 30mph, because some reckless drivers go over the limits imposed for a particular stretch of road.

We had a chat recently about paying to play and one of the members stated that in their opinion if you pay it's like cheating, because you are buying your way through the game. My stance and response is 'without paying players, there is no game'?

I would disagree koekaker - black isn't necessarily black. I would argue that black is merely an absence of light, a lack of colour or hue, absorption of visible light, did you know the ancient Greeks had the same word for blue and black; which of the many shades of black would you determine to be that which 'adequate' people consider black. Clarify what your definition of 'adequate' people is, do you mean normal, sane, balanced or just those who agree with your point of view. I could quite easily claim I'm more than adequately qualified to argue about the qualities of blackness. I'm not sure, though, how it relates to setting up multiple accounts to play more than one city.

Just as there is no 'one black', there is never one side which is the right one - however, much one wishes that all concur with one's contention.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3337

This thread is clearly not about playing 2 accounts in one world in a fair way.
Players who do this, should not feel judged or attacked or whatever emotion they are feeling.

It is not meant to provoke anyone into a heated discussion either, as that will only cause censor again or even closure. (already 2 threads closed)

This thread is based on > putting 639 KP into an AW in 2 days<
With an example response on this fact:
Quote: "I have a main account and another small one.
I set up the small one to put kp's into my main city's AW's otherwise I'd never get them developed.
This is considered cheating? Well then cheat be I! I'm not hurting anyone, and I'm only helping my own main game to grow at a little faster pace."

Discussion is about values, how this can/could/may- be unfair for the gameplay in general.
About (vague) rules and how Inno handles it.

DeletedUser4240

Hi everyone,
I also see that this topic is going to be a never ending story. To have more than one account(city) is not allowed. Clear enough for me.
But if I want to have more cities for some reason,why wouldn't I BUY 6 expansions MH and BH(first for 450 diamonds,second for 750.....etc)....and have all conditions to found my second, legally earned, new city....or third....or tenth, which are connected under my account?Then I can push whatever I want between my cities.
Everyone got first 6 expansions,MH and BH for free. Next one you have to buy or earn somehow.Players who got n x 6 expansions(working space and KP factory) for nothing, are cheaters.
This solution could be a "win/win" situation.
- Noone is cheating anymore.(whether he/she likes it or not)
-Everyone can chose to spend his/hers money on a new city, or not, but under the same conditions...
-INNO gain additional money for it's efforts;as someone said:"You don't wanna work for free, do you ?? Well the game creators don't either!"
The idea of a player with more than one city(not account)under the same account is not so new for INNO.
Another question is how to make it work.For that, we have INNO :)
INNO team can not change the players, but they can change the mechanisms of the game, for the benefit all of us.
Sorry for lousy English, but I think you understand what I am trying to say..
Love you all, as always,
SummerMaya

Lelanya

Mentor
Hi everyone,
I also see that this topic is going to be a never ending story. To have more than one account(city) is not allowed. Clear enough for me.
But if I want to have more cities for some reason,why wouldn't I BUY 6 expansions MH and BH(first for 450 diamonds,second for 750.....etc)....and have all conditions to found my second, legally earned, new city....or third....or tenth, which are connected under my account?Then I can push whatever I want between my cities.
Everyone got first 6 expansions,MH and BH for free. Next one you have to buy or earn somehow.Players who got n x 6 expansions(working space and KP factory) for nothing, are cheaters.
This solution could be a "win/win" situation.
- Noone is cheating anymore.(whether he/she likes it or not)
-Everyone can chose to spend his/hers money on a new city, or not, but under the same conditions...
-INNO gain additional money for it's efforts;as someone said:"You don't wanna work for free, do you ?? Well the game creators don't either!"
The idea of a player with more than one city(not account)under the same account is not so new for INNO.
Another question is how to make it work.For that, we have INNO :)
INNO team can not change the players, but they can change the mechanisms of the game, for the benefit all of us.
Sorry for lousy English, but I think you understand what I am trying to say..
Love you all, as always,
SummerMaya
What do you mean by players who got 6 expansion for free? How would a push account accomplish this?

DeletedUser4240

@Lelanya
Hi,
I wrote:".... players who got n x 6 expansions......"
By expansions, I meant empty squares (5x5) of free space, you have when you start your city.I have one city and I got those 6 squares, like everyone else. If I would open another account ,push account .....I would gain 6 squares,again,with new city, for free....so now I have 12 squares of space,for free, to work with them...and you have only 6.If you think it is fair ,OK.
Was I clear enough this time? :)
Sorry, maybe I missed something, and maybe I am totally wrong.

DeletedUser2452

1. First of all, this game allow player to own more than 1 account, so any 1 say "own more than 1 account is illegal", that is completely wrong. If you think it is unfair, then u open another accounts and play them all. Hope you will not fully engaged your valuable time like that

2. I have account in beta world. Before launch in game world, I already know "what is happening". What i do , pass my "understanding" to fellow member to prepare and ask fellowship member to prepare ..... that is the advantage of having account in beta world...

3. our FS has a director in FA. we follow instruction rather than a "blind fly"...

4. There is no need to buy expansion or using "alt account".... the secret is a Sacrifice..... Like me, I stop my city progress...demolish some culture building and big resdiential and workshop.... re-pack my city and build just lvl 1 workshop and goods building.... end up, i can produce more workshop-item and goods-item..... If any 1 say " I am cheating", i can only return a word " you do not want to scarifice only, u want to keep everything and using your existing resource....it is your playing method, do not say I am cheating..."

5. I rather to have more workshop and good buildings in a city than to operate another account. That is why I only 1 account in here and 1 account in beta world. It is easier to control than swap swap swap cities/account....for all events, my 1st step is "sacrifice some building to open area"....

6. I have no objection to any diamond player to buy expansion.... it is always unfair in a game that diamond player always get advantage over non-diamond player. I accept that fact..... but for a non-diamond player, the playing method and effective use area/space is the major effort to counter-act those diamond player

7. The current FA , i think, is unfair to our fellowship as we are overtake by "diamond fellowship". We end up in rank 2 ( we do not spend any diamond and just do scarifice only). But I accept that fact, becos we are watching we have been overtaken.... we just watch as our fellowship agree we will not spend any diamond for that "ranking chase". Beware, in the last 60 minutes, we are leading rank 2 by nearly 2000 ranking point. We are still have items to input as fellowship members is called to watch our victory. In that 60 minutes, original rank 2 has increased 3000 ranking points and beat us by 400 ranking points...
so DIAMOND FS won the rank 1 and collect their reward
our FS enjoy a show how they spend diamond to overtake us with our credit card fully locked

DeletedUser1823

Now, what I call cheating is creating dozens upon dozens of new accounts, filling each one with 25 workshops, running long-term badges on these, and add the pusher accounts to your FS just to donate the badges, then discard them.

That's a clever idea - did anyone actually do that?

DeletedUser

@Lelanya
Hi,
I wrote:".... players who got n x 6 expansions......"
By expansions, I meant empty squares (5x5) of free space, you have when you start your city.I have one city and I got those 6 squares, like everyone else. If I would open another account ,push account .....I would gain 6 squares,again,with new city, for free....so now I have 12 squares of space,for free, to work with them...and you have only 6.If you think it is fair ,OK.
Was I clear enough this time? :)
Sorry, maybe I missed something, and maybe I am totally wrong.

And now more people know about it thanks to you so more will be doing it! Why not just quietly contact the mods to see what's being done about it? I don't mean to offend you but those people are stealthy and perhaps so should you be?

DeletedUser

Some Fellow
That's a clever idea - did anyone actually do that?

Some Fellowships completed the whole Quest in a day! The cost of using Diamonds to do that would've been far too much so no doubt they did unfortunately!

It's not a 'clever idea' because it spoils the game for everyone. It's supposed to be fun, not cut throat. :mad:

The thing is they're not winners, they're losers because they don't have enough team work spirit to do it without cheating. Sad 'kers!

DeletedUser4607

I would like to see the change to implement “locking the adventure” after 24 hours and no new members are allowed to add badges or to donate resources after that. That would remove most of the issues with push accounts when it comes to FA.

DeletedUser4240

And now more people know about it thanks to you so more will be doing it! Why not just quietly contact the mods to see what's being done about it? I don't mean to offend you but those people are stealthy and perhaps so should you be?
-I was speaking generaly about irregularities, that another players pointed on, before me.
-The other players do not need me to learn them how to open a push account.
-I would never quietly contact mods and pointed on one partcular player. Besides, Elvenar team can solve it without me.
This is already bigger problem than a few lonely players....especially now when we started with FA.
Are you suggesting me to be quiet and in another words, to shut up?
In fact, you are right. And you did not offend me. I think :)
The game is "take it or leave it" like everything else.