• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.27

DeletedUser66

I think it was a good update to the older players with larger cities. Myself having 14 ancient wonders at various levels, I gained 7000 odd population and almost 10000 culture. I was pleasantly surprized.

Sadly, the lower level players seemed to have lost more than what was gained. Short term, not too good, but long term is all well.

DeletedUser414

I can see Tome of Secrets somehow working with gold cost of buying KP. That'd be neat.

DeletedUser2476

I had no idea these changes were happening till I opened my Elvenar village and discovered I had gone from having some population to suddenly being MINUS 764. If the developers want to introduce new rules they should NOT be made retrospective.

I spent may hundreds of KPs upgrading my Golden Abyss to keep increasing my population.
Many other players did the same thing in good faith going by what Elvenar stated were the rules and rewards of the Golden Abyss.
It is ridiculously unfair now to find I am 764 people in the red!
I know there are many other players similarly disadvantaged by this back dating.

What would have been fair would be to say FROM NOW ON the Golden Abyss will work in a new way, linking population increases and coins to a percentage of the size of the site. NOT change the rules and apply the rules to the past, leaving midrange cities and people who have worked hard upgrading their Golden Abyss grossly disadvantaged through no fault of their own.

All my hard work gaining population through the Golden Abyss is now down the drain, because the new rules have been back dated.
Not even Government legislation is retrospective.

Elvenar should reinstate population lost and make the new rules apply only from yesterday when the new rules were introduced.
To lose so much through this unfair backdating severely reduces our confidence in those in charge of Elvenar.
I request my 764 + population be reinstated.

DeletedUser2478

Why this change would be made before the end of the event, knowing that some people would lose the ability to build and upgrade, is beyond me. I'm not opposed (completely) to the changes, but the timing is horrendous.

DeletedUser3097

To be fair, the changes to the Ancient Wonders have been on the cards for quite a while now:

On 3rd March, in the March InnoGames video, Timon mentioned forthcoming re-balancing of the AWs.

On 15th March, he gave more detail in the Tournaments and Ancient Wonders video.

On 3rd April, in the April InnoGames video, still more details are given.

Links to these videos are on Facebook and in this forum.

April Episode
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/april-episode.4346/

2017 InnoGames official videos

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/official-elvenar-videos-2017.4241/

Timneh

Artisan
To be fair, the changes to the Ancient Wonders have been on the cards for quite a while now:

On 3rd March, in the March InnoGames video, Timon mentioned forthcoming re-balancing of the AWs.

On 15th March, he gave more detail in the Tournaments and Ancient Wonders video.

On 3rd April, in the April InnoGames video, still more details are given.

Links to these videos are on Facebook and in this forum.

Not all players look at this forum, facebook or watch the Inno videos. This sort of change should have been notified to players in a way that meant it could not be missed. It has been mentioned many times that Inno's communication is nowhere near good enough and this just enforces that view.

Dizzy Lizzie, if you did not see any of the videos or read this forum would you have known about these changes ?

DeletedUser3097

With every game I've ever played online, the information about updates and developments has been announced on the official forums and on Facebook.

Have you any suggestions about different methods of informing the players, bearing in mind not everyone will appreciate being spammed with mail?

DeletedUser2478

I don't watch the videos. I rarely visit the forums. I suspect that I am fairly representative of the average casual player. A pop-up or a message in the inbox of all players would have been the better way to go.

DeletedUser2476

I've had a mixed effect:

City 1: Pop- 1644 to 1946 :)
City 2: Pop- 11 to 496 :) (I think some residences must have upgraded)
City 3: Pop- 583 down to 463 :eek:

City 3 is a lower city, so I think the long term effect is positive.

This is because I have golden abysses and 'Provided Population: a percentage of your working population.' rather than a fixed amount.

You came out of this comparatively well, Lizzie. I went down to - MINUS - 764 population in city 2 and from 320 people to MINUS - 546 people in city 1. I spent many hundreds of KPs upgrading my Golden Abyss according to the rules and rewards of the GA.

It is OK to change the rules but the changes should only take effect on the day they are started. They should not be backdated. There should not be penalties for population gained before the new rules came into effect. To take away population gained legitimately according to the rules is grossly unfair. The effect for me has been so negative that I can't see myself making it to the long term.

DeletedUser2478

You're welcome, Dizzy Lizzie. I enjoy this game and I am not worked up into enough of a lather by a smallish setback to threaten to leave. There are a lot of things that I scratch my head at--like making province completions part of revolving quests or "solving encounters" part of events, when getting too far ahead of the algorithm ends up with major penalties for the player. But this? I polished off a building left from the winter event and placed it, solving my problem. Unfortunately, not everyone has the space to do the same thing or has the buildings hanging around that will benefit them. All in all, though, I like the direction the game is taking and will hang around to see what else happens. (The dwarf style stuff is kicking my rear, though, just saying.)

DeletedUser3097

DeletedUser2476

My level 3 Golden Abyss has dropped from 410 population to 247 population, thats 4 residences i'll need to upgrade to get that back at my current levels
The new changes to the rules of the Golden Abyss have penalized me so much that I now have a population of MINUS - 764! I spent many hundreds of KPs upgrading my Golden Abyss in good faith to gain population according to the rules and rewards stated by the developers. They should not have backdated the application of the new rules but just said from now on these rules apply. The way this has been applied retrospectively is grossly unfair.

Deleted User - 13667

Only the display change but the amount of whatever AW bonus you are supposed to get seems the same.

hmm.. Implementation seems a little slow for me at least..

Getting mixed reviews on my part.

Boosted manufactories dropped 10% output. was getting 3600++. Now 3200+.:confused:
Troops trained boosted approx 25%, costs for training per troop remains. -_-|||
Hp for light units seem to be getting some boosts than usual. You can no longer see the hp per single unit on the info on your own troops. o_OPoorly thought out update couple of updates back :rolleyes:

Additional boosts in Culture and 6k population. No idea how so much population. Just nice for upgrading the MH

DeletedUser2476

You came out of this comparatively well, Lizzie. I went down to - MINUS - 764 population in city 2 and from 320 people to MINUS - 546 people in city 1. I spent many hundreds of KPs upgrading my Golden Abyss according to the rules and rewards of the GA.

It is OK to change the rules but the changes should only take effect on the day they are started. They should not be backdated. There should not be penalties for population gained before the new rules came into effect. To take away population gained legitimately according to the rules is grossly unfair. The effect for me has been so negative that I can't see myself making it to the long term.
My Golden Abysses are level 7

DeletedUser3097

Level 7, Lizzie.

Wow, mine are level 2, it might be small consolation but if you carry onto into the next chapter and beyond, their effect will be very powerful. I know I am intending to level mine up now so I can enjoy their enhanced effect.

I can appreciate that losing that number of population is a body-blow though but long-term, your investment will pay off.

DeletedUser66

The new changes to the rules of the Golden Abyss have penalized me so much that I now have a population of MINUS - 764! I spent many hundreds of KPs upgrading my Golden Abyss in good faith to gain population according to the rules and rewards stated by the developers. They should not have backdated the application of the new rules but just said from now on these rules apply. The way this has been applied retrospectively is grossly unfair.

I just had a glance at your city and noticed you have wasted quite a bit of population building manufactories that you are not boosted in. I'm not telling you how to play your game and I do not believe this to be "wrong", but I do believe it is a waste. I noticed you have a number of marble and steel manufactories, plus one plank manufactory. Ideally you should only be harvesting the goods you are boosted in as you get a considerable amount more than those you are not boosted in - then to trade your boosted goods with non boosted goods. You are in a fellowship with 24 other players, I cannot imagine trading would be an issue for you either.

Just a thought to help with your situation.

DeletedUser2476

I just had a glance at your city and noticed you have wasted quite a bit of population building manufactories that you are not boosted in. I'm not telling you how to play your game and I do not believe this to be "wrong", but I do believe it is a waste. I noticed you have a number of marble and steel manufactories, plus one plank manufactory. Ideally you should only be harvesting the goods you are boosted in as you get a considerable amount more than those you are not boosted in - then to trade your boosted goods with non boosted goods. You are in a fellowship with 24 other players, I cannot imagine trading would be an issue for you either.

Just a thought to help with your situation.

Thanks Da Twista.

I had no idea how things worked when I first started Elvenar 6 months ago. I just built what was offered to me in tier 1. By tier 2 and 3 goods I realized the economics of the game and only built boosted manufactories. I have not sold my tier 1 manufactories because I am a bit sentimental about the look of my village. Also it is a record of how my city was built. Instead I concentrated on upgrading my Golden Abyss, according to the rules and rewards that existed till yesterday. It was going very well for me and I was happy with the results.

I am hoping the organizers will see how unfair it was to apply the new rules retrospectively and that they will reset things so the new rules are only applied from yesterday onwards. That way people who relied on the GA for population according to the Elvenar rules will no longer be so severely penalized. Minus 764 people is ridiculous.

And yes I trade often to balance my goods, because, as you say, I get heaps of steel and not much marble and planks. The people in my fellowship cooperate with one another and some are friends. Trading is not a problem.

Wow, mine are level 2, it might be small consolation but if you carry onto into the next chapter and beyond, their effect will be very powerful. I know I am intending to level mine up now so I can enjoy their enhanced effect.

I can appreciate that losing that number of population is a body-blow though but long-term, your investment will pay off.

Thanks, Lizzie for your encouraging words. With minus so many people, I thought all was lost and it would take years if ever to catch up. I concentrated so hard on my Golden Abyss and I was really happy with the results. I sacrificed advancement on the tree for upgrades to the GA. Many hundreds of KPs to my GA. When the new rules appeared to take all that away I was very discouraged.

Thankyou for your encouraging words, Lizzie. When I saw my population so far in the minus, I thought all was lost and that it would take 'years' to catch up. I have concentrated most of my efforts on my Golden Abyss spending many hundreds of KPs upgrading for population. According to the rules that applied until yesterday, this was working very well. Now with the new rules sending me 764 people into the red it seemed to have turned into a disaster. Reading your response here, there might be light at the end of the tunnel. But it still looks like a very long tunnel.

I did write a thankyou for your response a while ago but it seems to have disappeared. This is the first time I have every written anything in a forum, so I may have made a mistake, sending it to you incorrectly. I was hoping that my missing population would be reinstated but that looks like pie in the sky now I have found out more about how things work. Thanks again, Chrisflutes.

Last edited by a moderator: