• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.27

DeletedUser487

Overall I welcome the changes to the AWs, as they seem to depend on where your city is at. The goods I am getting for my Bell Spire is now at 90.

Does anyone know what the percentage is in relation to how many provinces you have completed is?

Is there also a reason the wiki is not updated to reflect these changes?

Killiak

Artisan
Overall I welcome the changes to the AWs, as they seem to depend on where your city is at. The goods I am getting for my Bell Spire is now at 90.

Does anyone know what the percentage is in relation to how many provinces you have completed is?

I have a lvl 6 Bell Spire, getting 166 goods, and 276 provinces completed

DeletedUser487

I have a lvl 6 Bell Spire, getting 166 goods, and 276 provinces completed
Mine is also level 6. I get 90 goods having completed 149 provinces. I get the percentage to be 0.6%? I divided the goods by the provinces (maths isn't my strong point!). Get the same figure for yours.

Yes for level 6 you get 0.6% goods for the number of provinces solved. Depending on rounding, for level 7 it will be 0.65% or 0.7%.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwgiii

Shaman
Players shouldn't have to have extra accounts in order to know what is happening in the game

I actually agree with this opinion. I was surprised when I had to create an account to communicate in the forums. In my mind, the game and forums are linked. At least the forums seem pointless without being involved with the game. Why would there need to be a separate login? Why would anyone log into the forums without playing the game? I can see folks playing the game without participating in the forums, but I bet there would be a LOT more participation in the forums if the forums were part of the game, or at least seamlessly linked. The situation seems similar to the wiki. No separate login there. The game can be played without using the wiki, but it certainly helps.

One thought I had initially was that the devs actually did not want everyone to participate in the forums (possibly due to resource allocation required like monitoring or even server space). By using the separate login as a kind of filter, they may be selecting for folks that are more passionate or active. Not sure about this, but my Fox Mulder conspiracy theory meter pinged a bit.

Just a few thoughts.

cwgiii

Shaman
Is there also a reason the wiki is not updated to reflect these changes?

I saw somewhere that the devs are working on these updates this week (or there abouts). I have actually been surprised that releases like this are implemented without documentation. Only completed after the fact. If this was practice in my business (project manager), I would be drawn and quartered by all my clients.

DeletedUser487

I actually agree with this opinion.

Yeah I think that changes coming to the game should be available in-game. If you want to discuss that then yes, participate on the forums. It should be your game log in, as people may have tried but can't access it for whatever reason.

DeletedUser487

I saw somewhere that the devs are working on these updates this week (or there abouts). I have actually been surprised that releases like this are implemented without documentation. Only completed after the fact. If this was practice in my business (project manager), I would be drawn and quartered by all my clients.

Yeah, when they had these changes implemented, someone somewhere would have had to have all the documentation completed. I would imagine the table data is at least compiled? If not, I'd be worried. As soon as the update went live, the wiki should have been updated to reflect the changes.

cwgiii

Shaman
I find that awesome / passionate players like Crazywizard and many others are exceptionally responsive in documenting their data and research after implementations on the beta servers and updating after implementations on the live servers. Their dedication is certainly appreciated. If they can do it so quickly after the fact....

I assume the Elven architect is a separate entity from Inno. They are fairly responsive as well and I can only imagine the hoops they must jump through to keep up. I would hope there would be some relationship for communication of changes. But then again, who knows?

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Is the Overview tab is removed from the Ancient Wonders of other players permanently or until the errors in displaying stats are corrected?
We'd like to re-instate it again later on, but only once we've found a way to display the Ancient Wonder owner's stats in it, which in our current technical situation is impossible. We're not sure how much work this would be, but it's certainly not a small fix. Since the stats on other players' Ancient Wonders showed incorrectly, we decided to hide the Overview tab for their Ancient Wonders for the time being. So, long story short: we do want to return this information, but we're not quite sure when we'll be able to do that, unfortunately. :)

Hope that that helps to answer your question!

KermitsDad

Alchemist
For many of us the changes to the Ancient Wonders are welcome but sadly not all of us.
It's a real pity this update had to arrive in the middle of an event causing grief for many due to the negative population issues.
Surely the update could have waited a week or so until the event finished ?

One other request relating to the Golden Abyss. Can the 3 hour til' coin is full time be extended please?

It's a real pain remembering to set the alarm clock and get up every 3 hours just to empty the coin!
If fact I think this disturbance to my sleep might not be too healthy :)

DeletedUser643

Is there anything known about this issue i posted on Monday?

Some of the Percentages that are shown in the Wonders are not being implemented right at the places they should:

(lvl 4) Needles of the Tempest: Strength of Light Ranged 109%, but checking Barracks: 9%
(lvl 3) Mountain Halls: Boost Goods Production 132%, but checking Main Hall, Relics tab: 32%
(lvl 4) Blooming Trader Guild: Guest Race Portal Boost 109%, Checking Portal 9%
(lvl 3) Heroes Forge: Strength Heavy Melee 108%, but checking Barracks: 8%

Dragon Abbey also has a Strength increase bonus, but can't check if this also shows incorrect %, since I don't have it yet.

And before people say that I should just ignore the 100% extra in Wonder there are some that does go good:

(lvl 11) Martial Monastery: Health of Troops 113,5%, and Check in Barracks: 113,5%
(lvl 7) Crystal Lighthouse: Neighbor Help Duration: 165%, and check a polished Culture: 165%
(lvl 3) Watchtower Ruins: Neighbor Help Bonus: 116%, and check a polished Culture: 116%
(lvl 4) Blooming Trader Guild: Wholesaler Bonus 190%, check Wholesaler (and need to calculate this) 190%

So the question is: Are the Percentages in Wonder wrong, or are they being Implemented in their respective places wrong?

DeletedUser3372

Reloading didn't do anything for mine. I hated the change at first and sold half my city with the intention of packing the game in, but now after looking at it and how it works a little pain now gives good results, got to say I love the changes to the AWs I am just waiting for the time to upgrade its full waiting to go. just got to build a city first,, own fault,, well done team. Got to agree about some sort of pop up saying this city wil be upgraded at??? its rude I think to just cut the game of..

Deleted User - 13667

Not sure how much difference it is once you move up a chapter since I'm been at the wood elves just a few days before event and updates. Zipped past the fairies, dwarven and orcish story though before the end of the event though. :oops:

Killiak

Artisan
Since you are answering questions Dizzy;

Is the Combat AI still being discussed by the devs? I ask because it (still) makes odd decisions and causes great losses for players who lack the time to run every fight themselves.

DeletedUser1829

Since you are answering questions Dizzy;

Is the Combat AI still being discussed by the devs? I ask because it (still) makes odd decisions and causes great losses for players who lack the time to run every fight themselves.

If we give specific examples they are looking at it. Is an AI change on beta with the cerberus due to player feedback.

DeletedUser3034

Beta 1.29:
Based on your feedback, the AI behaviour of Hellhounds/Cerberi is adjusted. They should now prefer eating Mages before having Light Melee units as a dessert.